Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

This is what fascism looks like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what fascism looks like

A great example of fascism from the liberal utopia known as California. I hope our resident low-information morons appreciate the irony:

Source: Breitbart

A new bill being considered by the California State Senate would punish people who “willfully and repeatedly” refuse “to use a transgender resident’s preferred name or pronouns” in a public health, retirement or housing institution.

The bill, SB 219, was proposed by State Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco). It includes several other provisions that require a health facility, for example, to honor the gender identity of a patient, meaning that the patient must be admitted to a room that comports with his or her chosen gender; allowed to use whatever bathroom he or she wants to use; and wear whatever clothing or cosmetics he or she decides to wear. It has gone through several amendments.

CBN News notes: “Fines for repeat offenders could be as high as $1,000 and a jail term of up to a year.”

http://www.breitbart.com/california/...ender-pronoun/

© Copyright Original Source

In other words, California wants to throw people in jail for exercising their right to free speech. Isn't that wonderful? And yet liberals are wetting their diapers over what the "alt-right" might be up to.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    A great example of fascism from the liberal utopia known as California. I hope our resident low-information morons appreciate the irony...
    The difference with the white racists and these leftists is that the racists don't have a following large enough to really change or effect law. The leftists do and will. And are therefore much more dangerous to freedom...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      A great example of fascism from the liberal utopia known as California. I hope our resident low-information morons appreciate the irony:

Source: Breitbart

A new bill being considered by the California State Senate would punish people who “willfully and repeatedly” refuse “to use a transgender resident’s preferred name or pronouns” in a public health, retirement or housing institution.

The bill, SB 219, was proposed by State Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco). It includes several other provisions that require a health facility, for example, to honor the gender identity of a patient, meaning that the patient must be admitted to a room that comports with his or her chosen gender; allowed to use whatever bathroom he or she wants to use; and wear whatever clothing or cosmetics he or she decides to wear. It has gone through several amendments.

CBN News notes: “Fines for repeat offenders could be as high as $1,000 and a jail term of up to a year.”

http://www.breitbart.com/california/...ender-pronoun/

© Copyright Original Source

In other words, California wants to throw people in jail for exercising their right to free speech. Isn't that wonderful? And yet liberals are wetting their diapers over what the "alt-right" might be up to.

A similar law passed in Canada a few months ago.

Free speech is now hate speech here.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I'm sure the Jews who survived Nazi Germany have great sympathy for your plight.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
          I'm sure the Jews who survived Nazi Germany have great sympathy for your plight.
          This is how it starts, control the language, define the terms, control the debate. Then riot when a speaker comes to town that you don't agree with, prevent him/her from speaking. Book burning in principle.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

As much as the left weeps and wails about the evils fascism, it's ironic how their present actions mirror the Nazi party's rise to power.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              This is how it starts, control the language, define the terms, control the debate. Then riot when a speaker comes to town that you don't agree with, prevent him/her from speaking. Book burning in principle.
              Of course. Nazi Germany didn't come to be due to hatred for Jewish people, it came from laws stopping nursing home attendants from harassing their clients.

Comment

Of course. Nazi Germany didn't come to be due to hatred for Jewish people, it came from laws stopping nursing home attendants from harassing their clients.
                I said more than that Psychic, and using the correct personal pronouns is not harassment. It is language based on biological fact. And I also said: Then riot when a speaker comes to town that you don't agree with, prevent him/her from speaking. Book burning in principle. It is all part of the leftist strategy.

Comment

I said more than that Psychic, and using the correct personal pronouns is not harassment. It is language based on biological fact. And I also said: Then riot when a speaker comes to town that you don't agree with, prevent him/her from speaking. Book burning in principle. It is all part of the leftist strategy.
                  The leftist strategy of stopping nursing home attendants from harassing patients* and protesting white supremacists... Prevent neonazis from speaking... Sounds fascist to me!

You should be using this outrage-based energy on people who want to commit genocide, not the people who want you to call people by different pronouns. Your priorities are messed up. Ask yourself "why am I focusing on people who I merely suspect of having a nefarious endgame and not the people who are explicit about their nefarious endgame?"

*You know my stance here; this isn't the place to argue that point. I'm fine with you tacitly disagreeing.

Comment

The leftist strategy of stopping nursing home attendants from harassing patients* and protesting white supremacists... Prevent neonazis from speaking... Sounds fascist to me!
                    Yes Psychic preventing people from speaking is fascist, book burning by a different name. And I'm not just talking about neo-nazis: Charles Murray, Ann Coulter, Heather MacDonald, Milos Yiannopoulos, Ben Shapiro, Christina Hoff Sommers, etc, etc, etc....

You should be using this outrage-based energy on people who want to commit genocide, not the people who want you to call people by different pronouns. Your priorities are messed up. Ask yourself "why am I focusing on people who I merely suspect of having a nefarious endgame and not the people who are explicit about their nefarious endgame?"
                    I don't suspect the left's end game, it is obvious, the undermining of freedom of speech, political correctness codified into law, next will be the Second Amendment.
                    Last edited by seer; 08-17-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

protesting white supremacists
                      lol "protesting" after you yourself claimed violence against even run of the mill conservatives is justified. you are fartlight tier scum now, none of your moral preening will convince a single person who's aware of your actual views
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

my preferred pronoun is "your highness" - anyone not addressing me as such will be banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          lol "protesting" after you yourself claimed violence against even run of the mill conservatives is justified. you are fartlight tier scum now, none of your moral preening will convince a single person who's aware of your actual views
                          I never said that. I said violence can be expected when people promote the oppression of minorities. Stay in school.

Comment

I never said that. I said violence can be expected when people promote the oppression of minorities. Stay in school.
                            How can there be minorities if there are no races?

Comment

Yes Psychic preventing people from speaking is fascist, book burning by a different name. And I'm not just talking about neo-nazis: Charles Murray, Ann Coulter, Heather MacDonald, Milos Yiannopoulos, Ben Shapiro, Christina Hoff Sommers, etc, etc, etc....
                              Take an extreme and hypobolic example: imagine that Hitler is coming to speak at your college in the early 1920s about the dangers of the Jewish people. Would it be fascist to disrupt his speech, even without knowing where his career was headed? I certainly don't think so. Anyone stopping him would be allying him or herself with the plight of the Jewish people and against the threat of fascism. So clearly in some circumstances speech abridgment isn't fascist. I don't know a few of those people, but for the ones that I do know, I think their speeches would be applicable circumstances.

I don't suspect the left's end game, it is obvious, the undermining of freedom of speech, political correctness codified into law, next will be the Second Amendment.
                              I know you mean those to be terrifying things, but they already happened in other countries and they don't live in a fascist state. Those countries are still just like the US. There were no real consequences.

On the other hand, countries where they legally codify ideas like giving as much power as possible to the wealthy or limiting the rights of minorities don't turn out very well.

Comment