Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

This is what fascism looks like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    How can there be minorities if there are no races?
    I'll address that in the other thread. BTW, there are other minorities besides racial minorities.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      How can there be minorities if there are no races?
      Just because humans don't exist in biological races (something we've known solidly since at least the fifties), doesn't mean that there's no such thing as ethnicity and culture, and people getting unfairly treated, and a history of such things. It just means that race is a social construction. Doesn't mean racism isn't real. It just means its something done by people for people reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
        Take an extreme and hypobolic example: imagine that Hitler is coming to speak at your college in the early 1920s about the dangers of the Jewish people. Would it be fascist to disrupt his speech, even without knowing where his career was headed? I certainly don't think so. Anyone stopping him would be allying him or herself with the plight of the Jewish people and against the threat of fascism. So clearly in some circumstances speech abridgment isn't fascist. I don't know a few of those people, but for the ones that I do know, I think their speeches would be applicable circumstances.
        That is exactly why we have the freedom of speech, to protect even offensive speech. The people I mentioned are just run of the mill Conservatives, yet they were prevented to speak. And that is the problem, who decides what speech is allowable. Shut down Hitler today, and Heather MacDonald tomorrow. To the left Milos Yiannopoulos is as dangerous as a Hitler. No, I don't want you or the Government deciding what speech is acceptable.

I know you mean those to be terrifying things, but they already happened in other countries and they don't live in a fascist state. Those countries are still just like the US. There were no real consequences.
        Yes, there are a lot of sheep in those countries, but I am an American.

On the other hand, countries where they legally codify ideas like giving as much power as possible to the wealthy or limiting the rights of minorities don't turn out very well.
        Thankfully I live in a country where a man can rise as high as he chooses according to his merit.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          Just because humans don't exist in biological races
          Someone should tell that to people who do bone marrow transplants.

https://bethematch.org/transplant-ba...fect-matching/
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I agree that while there's nothing wrong with university protests, shutting down Milo, and others of his type wasn't the way forward. Unfortunately liberals in the US have pretty much lost the art of debate. They don't need the Antifa, in fact the Antifa is hurting the liberal cause significantly. What they need are savvy debaters. Milo is just a troll. Nothing more. A sharp debater that can see through his nonsense, and could work a good rhetoric would peel him apart alive. The modern day US liberals can't even muster that, and I suspect its part of the explanation of why they tend to fail.

Comment

I agree that while there's nothing wrong with university protests, shutting down Milo, and others of his type wasn't the way forward. Unfortunately liberals in the US have pretty much lost the art of debate. They don't need the Antifa, in fact the Antifa is hurting the liberal cause significantly. What they need are savvy debaters. Milo is just a troll. Nothing more. A sharp debater that can see through his nonsense, and could work a good rhetoric would peel him apart alive. The modern day US liberals can't even muster that, and I suspect its part of the explanation of why they tend to fail.
              Antifa is just as bad in Europe (if not worse).
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

I have to hand it too the left, there is no suppression of speech that they don't like...

Black Lives Matter Activists Float Criminalization of Confederate Imagery

Some radical progressives go beyond statues, suggest total ban on Southern Civil War memorabilia

In the aftermath of violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, progressive activists nationwide have demanded, and in some cases illegally carried out, the tearing down and removal of statues and monuments to Confederate leaders and soldiers on public space. Now Black Lives Matter activists have gone even further — going so far as to call for a ban on all Confederate imagery — even in private possession.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/b...erate-imagery/
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  I have to hand it too the left, there is no suppression of speech that they don't like...
                  fascism lived out by the leftist groups.

Comment

This isn't fascism. It's stupid, but it's not fascism. People need to stop misusing that word. You think Hitler or Mussolini would've put any law in favor of transgenders into effect?

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                      This isn't fascism. It's stupid, but it's not fascism. People need to stop misusing that word. You think Hitler or Mussolini would've put any law in favor of transgenders into effect?
                      terraceth, Hitler used his brownshirts to violently shut down speech he did not like.

Comment

How do you do fellow conservatives.

Comment

You don't think actively suppressing free speech is fascist? Whether or not Hitler et al would have supported transgenderism is entirely beside the point. It's the act of punishing dissent that makes this the very definition of fascism.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            You don't think actively suppressing free speech is fascist?
                            Tons of communist countries did that too, were they fascist? No, of course not (fascists actually despised communists). Sure, suppression of free speech is part of fascism, but it's part of authoritarianism/totalitarianism in general, of which fascism is just one example.

Whether or not Hitler et al would have supported transgenderism is entirely beside the point. It's the act of punishing dissent that makes this the very definition of fascism.
                            Except that's not the definition of fascism. Again, fascism may have involved suppression of speech, but it was also extremely militarist and nationalist (not the case here) and was also quite conservative in regards to sexual mores, which is exactly the opposite of this edict.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                              The leftist strategy of stopping nursing home attendants from harassing patients* and protesting white supremacists... Prevent neonazis from speaking... Sounds fascist to me!
                              Failing to understand ones enemies is how one ends up with evil people in charge. Do you even know what the Nazis believed since I haven't seen any of you guys get it right yet. I also wasn't aware that Trump, Coulter, or Shapiro were or are neonazis. The whole racist excuse is just a way to shut people up.

You should be using this outrage-based energy on people who want to commit genocide, not the people who want you to call people by different pronouns. Your priorities are messed up. Ask yourself "why am I focusing on people who I merely suspect of having a nefarious endgame and not the people who are explicit about their nefarious endgame?"
                              Probably because neonazis have no real power beyond filling headlines while people passing laws have real power over people's lives. Now when Neonazis start getting some actual power beyond protest marches, that are condemned by left and the right, we'll talk. Besides, the Nazis didn't jump straight into death camps, but spent years gradually building up to the holocaust. The road to hell is a gradual slide, not a walk off a steep cliff.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Tons of communist countries did that too, were they fascist? No, of course not (fascists actually despised communists). Sure, suppression of free speech is part of fascism, but it's part of authoritarianism/totalitarianism in general, of which fascism is just one example.

Except that's not the definition of fascism. Again, fascism may have involved suppression of speech, but it was also extremely militarist and nationalist (not the case here) and was also quite conservative in regards to sexual mores, which is exactly the opposite of this edict.
                                Terraceth the Antifa is according to them is Anti Fascist, that is why I will keep using the term because they are the ones actually using fascist tactics to stop speech. Turn about is fair play.

Comment