• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deeper Waters Podcast 8/19/2017: Dan Story

Will dogs chase cats in heaven?

The link can be found here.

----

What's coming up? Let's plunge into the Deeper Waters and find out.*

Many of us have furry little critters running around our homes. My wife and I have a precious cat named Shiro who is our delight. Pets really do become a member of the family. Some people even have set up Facebook pages for their pets where they give them their last name.*

Of course, there's also that tragic moment. Many pets don't really live a long life. There comes the tragic day when we have to put a pet down or bury a pet or something of that sort. If you have small children, this leads to the inevitable question. "Is our pet in heaven?"

My guest this time has written a book on that called*Will Dogs Chase Cats In Heaven? This is a book that is surprisingly very much in-depth and interacts with some great scholarship on the question. While it's not a hill I'm willing to die out, Story makes the strongest case that I have seen for animal immortality. He'll be joining us to talk about that. So who is he?

According to his bio:

Animals are often a special part in all of our lives. What is the eternal outcome for these adorable creatures? Does this say anything about our own lives in the afterdeath? What does this tell us about how we are to watch over creation?

I hope you'll be listening for the next episode of the Deeper Waters Podcast. Please also go on ITunes and leave a positive review of the show.

In Christ,
    Nick Peters

This reminds me of this supposed exchange between two churches via their signs

To enbiggenate imagification
    start by clickifying on it and

04361f2e30744481bfb4e5669ee847da--free-dogs-catholic-churches.jpg
    then keep clickifying on
    the resulting imagification

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment