Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transitions

Faith
    Darth Anglicanus
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Transitions

School's about to start and so of course everything has to start going nuts.

Y'hoshua's phone cracked the other day and we can't afford to replace it since it's new. Fortunately it still works fine, but it's a bummer. I do have an idea of how to get him not necessarily a new phone, but a replacement that might not hurt our wallets.

Speaking of not affording things, my neurotic money anxiety showed up full force last night and I was running numbers over and over to figure out how we're going to pay for our rent and utilities over the summer while I'm not getting financial aid (he has a job of course, and I will have a paid internship during the summer which should pay pretty well, but I'm still anxious).

On top of that I learned that my oldest brother's wife kicked him out and wants a divorce. He has three small boys. This is hugely upsetting.

And then there's the fact that my homesickness/depression has started to kick in. I expected most of this, and am somewhat prepped to combat the anxiety and depression, but that doesn't really make it any easier. It just sucks.

Oh and my birthday is Sunday (but my money anxiety is too high to let me even think about celebrating with dinner out).

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

2. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

The Lord has your and Y'hoshua's best interests at heart and He will take and lead you both through this, as He leads all His children through all their trials.

Last edited by LostSheep; 08-17-2017 at 06:15 PM.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If it is new, it should be under warranty.

5. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Darth Anglicanus
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    If it is new, it should be under warranty.
    The warranty only covers manufacturer defects. Already looked it up. He dropped it and it hit the corner and cracked the screen. First time either of us have ever had cracks with this brand.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Here is a huge. Happy birthday. School is going to start back for me soon as well.

8. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Go out to eat on your birthday - you can find something sensible and still have a good time (and you can go online and find coupons galore so there's no reason to pay full price!).

Pray for your brother and his family - and let it go. That's for them to resolve, not you.

Put the calculator away. You ran the numbers, you already know the results. Nothing is accomplished until you have more or different information.

You are home. The rest is just trappings.

It's a phone. Buy him some hot dogs and worry about it if and when it actually matters. Which isn't right now.

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

10. Amen LostSheep amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Darth Anglicanus
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Update: we went to stop and shop today and I discovered they carry sea salt and balsamic vinegar chips. This is the happiest I've been since we got here. Last year I went to London and our hosts gave us some snacks including Kettle brand sea salt and balsamic vinegar chips. I fell in love with them but Kettle only sells that flavor in Europe so I was sad. But there is a brand here that has that flavor.

Katniss Everdeen

12. Amen LostSheep, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yay! A girl needs her good chips!

14. Amen LostSheep amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Darth Anglicanus
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Y'hoshua's work is giving him a cost of living raise!

Katniss Everdeen

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We have a lot of places around here that will replace the screen for a lot less than a new phone. Might check around.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen