Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Transitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transitions

School's about to start and so of course everything has to start going nuts.

Y'hoshua's phone cracked the other day and we can't afford to replace it since it's new. Fortunately it still works fine, but it's a bummer. I do have an idea of how to get him not necessarily a new phone, but a replacement that might not hurt our wallets.

Speaking of not affording things, my neurotic money anxiety showed up full force last night and I was running numbers over and over to figure out how we're going to pay for our rent and utilities over the summer while I'm not getting financial aid (he has a job of course, and I will have a paid internship during the summer which should pay pretty well, but I'm still anxious).

On top of that I learned that my oldest brother's wife kicked him out and wants a divorce. He has three small boys. This is hugely upsetting.

And then there's the fact that my homesickness/depression has started to kick in. I expected most of this, and am somewhat prepped to combat the anxiety and depression, but that doesn't really make it any easier. It just sucks.

Oh and my birthday is Sunday (but my money anxiety is too high to let me even think about celebrating with dinner out).

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

The Lord has your and Y'hoshua's best interests at heart and He will take and lead you both through this, as He leads all His children through all their trials.

Last edited by LostSheep; 08-17-2017, 01:15 PM.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

If it is new, it should be under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        If it is new, it should be under warranty.
        The warranty only covers manufacturer defects. Already looked it up. He dropped it and it hit the corner and cracked the screen. First time either of us have ever had cracks with this brand.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Here is a huge. Happy birthday. School is going to start back for me soon as well.
          sigpic

Comment

Go out to eat on your birthday - you can find something sensible and still have a good time (and you can go online and find coupons galore so there's no reason to pay full price!).

Pray for your brother and his family - and let it go. That's for them to resolve, not you.

Put the calculator away. You ran the numbers, you already know the results. Nothing is accomplished until you have more or different information.

You are home. The rest is just trappings.

It's a phone. Buy him some hot dogs and worry about it if and when it actually matters. Which isn't right now.

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Update: we went to stop and shop today and I discovered they carry sea salt and balsamic vinegar chips. This is the happiest I've been since we got here. Last year I went to London and our hosts gave us some snacks including Kettle brand sea salt and balsamic vinegar chips. I fell in love with them but Kettle only sells that flavor in Europe so I was sad. But there is a brand here that has that flavor.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

Yay! A girl needs her good chips!
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Y'hoshua's work is giving him a cost of living raise!

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

We have a lot of places around here that will replace the screen for a lot less than a new phone. Might check around.
                    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                      We have a lot of places around here that will replace the screen for a lot less than a new phone. Might check around.
                      I looked everywhere. The problem is his phone is a non-Galaxy S series Android. Everywhere does iPhones. Most of those places will do S series Androids. Very few do his series! We're thinking of just switching to a new provider. He's on his family's plan, but he already pays for his share of the account. Switching to a different provider will allow him to use one of my family's old phones.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                        Y'hoshua's work is giving him a cost of living raise!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                          I looked everywhere. The problem is his phone is a non-Galaxy S series Android. Everywhere does iPhones. Most of those places will do S series Androids. Very few do his series! We're thinking of just switching to a new provider. He's on his family's plan, but he already pays for his share of the account. Switching to a different provider will allow him to use one of my family's old phones.
                          Still think the hot dogs are cheaper....

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Happy birthday thewriteranon!
                            3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

happy birthday!

Comment