Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Transitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, happy birthday to you.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Extreme depression. Spiritual dry spell because of the move. Something on tweb triggered it so bad I don't think I can be here anymore.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
        "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Whatever you decide, we love you and wish you the best.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Still here, sorta. The worst has passed. I have a specific disorder that makes me particularly vulnerable for a small stretch of time regularly, but the tipping point passed and so I'm back to normalish anxiety levels.

Good news is I learned I can work for a 501(c)3, have the majority of my loans covered by Harvard's low income payment protection for 10 years, and then get the balance of my loans forgiven because of public service. 501(c)3 work is what I wanted to do, so there's not quite the stress anymore of getting into biglaw.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
            Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
              Still here, sorta. The worst has passed. I have a specific disorder that makes me particularly vulnerable for a small stretch of time regularly, but the tipping point passed and so I'm back to normalish anxiety levels.

Good news is I learned I can work for a 501(c)3, have the majority of my loans covered by Harvard's low income payment protection for 10 years, and then get the balance of my loans forgiven because of public service. 501(c)3 work is what I wanted to do, so there's not quite the stress anymore of getting into biglaw.
              I am glad you decided to stick around!

Comment

First day of HLS orientation. Since it's Friday I was eating veggie.

The veggie option for tacos was beets. BEETS.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

Beets are of the Devil. They are worse than tofu.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Beets are of the Devil. They are worse than tofu.
                    bustedtees.71fe7601-71e8-42ca-b768-97f5701e.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I like beets. Especially pickled beets!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I only eat beets from the Schrute family farm.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I'd take beets over tofu (although my priest's wife makes a really good tofu chili - no idea how she manages it). Honestly I don't know what I would use in place of meat in a taco. I'd probably just punt to a different food choice altogether.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            I'd take beets over tofu (although my priest's wife makes a really good tofu chili - no idea how she manages it). Honestly I don't know what I would use in place of meat in a taco. I'd probably just punt to a different food choice altogether.
                            I had veggie tacos back home that were fried mushroom and another kind that were shredded squash. At base fajita vegetables work. Beets have the wrong flavor. They weren't seasoned well, if at all. There was no spice to any part of the taco ingredients.

Anyway, 1L starts officially tomorrow.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

I had veggie tacos back home that were fried mushroom and another kind that were shredded squash.
                              Mushrooms are of teh debbil. Spaghetti squash might work, though I'd think most other squashes would be too mushy.
                              At base fajita vegetables work. Beets have the wrong flavor.
                              Perhaps, I dunno. Fish tacos are totally different in flavor, but they work.
                              They weren't seasoned well, if at all. There was no spice to any part of the taco ingredients.
                              No such thing as a non-spicy taco. Looks like they weren't even trying.
                              Anyway, 1L starts officially tomorrow.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Fish tacos go for a different flavor profile.

Found a taqueria on Harvard Square today. They seem to actually know what they're doing. Having a veggie burrito now.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment