Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Transitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
    Fish tacos go for a different flavor profile.

Found a taqueria on Harvard Square today. They seem to actually know what they're doing. Having a veggie burrito now.
    Chicken is a vegetable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Chicken is a vegetable.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

But beans are.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

"Spicy" in Massachusetts, I have learned, translates to "medium" or "mild to medium" in Texan.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            VegBanner.jpg
            ChicKale.jpg

a67LWWR_700b.jpg

Vegetarian.jpg

Comment

Y'all, Massachusetts is terrible.

That said, I actually really like Harvard. As a conservative-libertarian even my liberal classmates have been open and interested in my perspective. (One of my friends specifically said he wanted to hear my perspective on things more often. A very liberal classmate talked with me for quite some time and basically brainstormed political opportunities for me in Texas.) I think there are probably some intolerant people here, but I've had the good fortune of either not interacting with any in my class or maybe even not having any in my section at all.

Last night I went to a dinner with other members of The Federalist Society and I got a lead on a potential opportunity for the summer that would get me experience in the public interest world without suffering for rent money. I ask that you please pray for me as my career advising appointments approach and applications for summer work open in December. First summer work doesn't matter too much in regard to my eventual career path, but it would be helpful for me to gain some public interest experience so that I have an in when I get out of school. At the same time, I have to be mindful that I cannot pay two rents (either the fellowship I got a lead on yesterday would be possible since they'd give me a stipend and pay whatever housing I needed, doing something in Fort Worth where I could stay with my parents rent free, or something in Boston, though I'd really prefer getting out of Massachusetts for a few weeks).

Also pray for Y'hoshua and I as we start the church search again. The church we were attending I no longer feel comfortable at for a couple of pretty significant theological reasons. We're hoping to visit an Orthodox Church in America cathedral on Sunday.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
              Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

I found out today that I was selected to be on Team B for the Journal of Law and Public Policy (the conservative, libertarian, moderate journal at Harvard.) I participated in Team A work editing the citations of an article and now I get to be on the team that does further edits. It's not a super prestigious thing, but not everyone from Team A makes Team B.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

I found out today that I was selected to be on Team B for the Journal of Law and Public Policy (the conservative, libertarian, moderate journal at Harvard.) I participated in Team A work editing the citations of an article and now I get to be on the team that does further edits. It's not a super prestigious thing, but not everyone from Team A makes Team B.
                  I hate Blue Booking. And every single cite checking job I get seems to involve at least one arcane citation which takes a while to figure out.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    I hate Blue Booking. And every single cite checking job I get seems to involve at least one arcane citation which takes a while to figure out.
                    I went through a whole process requesting a source from the library that they couldn't get.

Then I found it on Google.

Bluebook is the worst citation method.

ETA: At least the team B process involves free beer!

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

I went through a whole process requesting a source from the library that they couldn't get.

Then I found it on Google.

Bluebook is the worst citation method.
                      And Law Journals use a different style than you'll use once you get to the real world, to boot.
                      ETA: At least the team B process involves free beer!
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Y'hoshua and I visited an OCA church today and we really liked it there. The priest actually lives very close to us!

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

Things have been rough the last week or so. My BSA took pity on me in my outline conference and postponed our meeting until next week. I just got off the phone with the loan servicer because my account has some of my loans in in-school deferment and some in forbearance. She told me it takes time to switch them all over to the proper deferment, but they should all switch to in-school deferment. I'll check next week.

Y'hoshua and I are going to the Antiochian church this week (again; we went once in August). It's complicated. One of the priests from the Episcopalian church we had been attending was at the Harvard Bicentennial in the same panel I was. It was friendly, but awkward.

Oh, but Justice Anthony Kennedy came and spoke to my legislation and regulation class yesterday. That was pretty cool. There were secret service and everything.

ETA: Oh, but Y'hoshua is supposed to be getting another raise soon!

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

Registration for our spring elective has passed and I am delighted to say that I managed to snag one of the 2 spots for 1Ls in the religious freedom research seminar with Prof. Mary Ann Glendon next semester.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment