Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Speech Rally, Boston

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Free Speech Rally, Boston

It looks like the cops will be pro-active:

BOSTON (CBS) Boston Mayor Marty Walsh is urging people to stay away from a planned Free Speech Rally scheduled for Saturday on Boston Common.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/08/1...-preparations/
    Last edited by seer; 08-18-2017 at 04:39 PM.
    "Heaven offers nothing that the mercenary soul can desire. It is safe to tell the pure in heart that they shall see God, for only the pure in heart want to. There are rewards that do not sully motives. A man's love for a woman is not mercenary because he wants to marry her, nor his love for poetry mercenary because he wants to read it, nor his love of exercise less disinterested because he wants to run and leap and walk. Love, by definition, seeks to enjoy its object. C.S. Lewis

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    why are they telling people to stay away from a free speech rally? It is not being put on by White Nationalists, but Boston Free Speech, an organization that says "We stand for free speech in all forms from all sides of the political spectrum. In Boston and New England." and categorically deny being part of any Nazi or White Nationalist movement.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/BostonFr...=page_internal

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    why are they telling people to stay away from a free speech rally? It is not being put on by White Nationalists, but Boston Free Speech, an organization that says "We stand for free speech in all forms from all sides of the political spectrum. In Boston and New England." and categorically deny being part of any Nazi or White Nationalist movement.

From all sides? Sounds pretty Nazi/fascist/white supremacist to me.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

"Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post

No, their sin is actually supporting free speech and talking about it in public! There are a lot of counter-protesters coming, presumably to protest free speech...
    "Heaven offers nothing that the mercenary soul can desire. It is safe to tell the pure in heart that they shall see God, for only the pure in heart want to. There are rewards that do not sully motives. A man's love for a woman is not mercenary because he wants to marry her, nor his love for poetry mercenary because he wants to read it, nor his love of exercise less disinterested because he wants to run and leap and walk. Love, by definition, seeks to enjoy its object. C.S. Lewis

5. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    No, their sin is actually supporting free speech and talking about it in public! There are a lot of counter-protesters coming, presumably to protest free speech...
    how ironic.

7. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Darth Anglicanus
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Heavy sighing.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So now we can have free speech as long as nobody is listening.

10. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Boston is going

They want to change the name of Yawkee Way outside of Fenway because the old owner didn't sign a black player until 13 years after Jackie Robinson. Somehow, this made him a terrible racist.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Boston is going

They want to change the name of Yawkee Way outside of Fenway because the old owner didn't sign a black player until 13 years after Jackie Robinson. Somehow, this made him a terrible racist.
    It seems they're trying to one up each other in extreme lunacy. In that way it sort of reminds me of the Cultural Revolution (except of course without the mass murders).

I'm always still in trouble again

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I am currently watching the Boston Free Speech rally. At the moment it is pretty peaceful. I did see an antifa thug grab an american flag out of an elderly woman's hand and push her. I did not see any KKK or White supremacy signs anywhere, and most people on both sides seem to be average citizens and not extremists, left or right. I don't see any weapons around either. the police seem to be doing their jobs here and keeping the groups separated.

But the MSM has already categorized it as a gathering of white supremacists.