Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Free Speech Rally, Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Speech Rally, Boston

It looks like the cops will be pro-active:

BOSTON (CBS) – Boston Mayor Marty Walsh is urging people to stay away from a planned Free Speech Rally scheduled for Saturday on Boston Common.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/08/1...-preparations/
    Last edited by seer; 08-18-2017, 11:39 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

why are they telling people to stay away from a free speech rally? It is not being put on by White Nationalists, but Boston Free Speech, an organization that says "We stand for free speech in all forms from all sides of the political spectrum. In Boston and New England." and categorically deny being part of any Nazi or White Nationalist movement.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/BostonFr...=page_internal

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      why are they telling people to stay away from a free speech rally? It is not being put on by White Nationalists, but Boston Free Speech, an organization that says "We stand for free speech in all forms from all sides of the political spectrum. In Boston and New England." and categorically deny being part of any Nazi or White Nationalist movement.

From all sides? Sounds pretty Nazi/fascist/white supremacist to me.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

No, their sin is actually supporting free speech and talking about it in public! There are a lot of counter-protesters coming, presumably to protest free speech...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          No, their sin is actually supporting free speech and talking about it in public! There are a lot of counter-protesters coming, presumably to protest free speech...
          how ironic.

Comment

Heavy sighing.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
            "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
            Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

So now we can have free speech as long as nobody is listening.

Comment

Boston is going

They want to change the name of Yawkee Way outside of Fenway because the old owner didn't sign a black player until 13 years after Jackie Robinson. Somehow, this made him a terrible racist.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  Boston is going

They want to change the name of Yawkee Way outside of Fenway because the old owner didn't sign a black player until 13 years after Jackie Robinson. Somehow, this made him a terrible racist.
                  It seems they're trying to one up each other in extreme lunacy. In that way it sort of reminds me of the Cultural Revolution (except of course without the mass murders).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I am currently watching the Boston Free Speech rally. At the moment it is pretty peaceful. I did see an antifa thug grab an american flag out of an elderly woman's hand and push her. I did not see any KKK or White supremacy signs anywhere, and most people on both sides seem to be average citizens and not extremists, left or right. I don't see any weapons around either. the police seem to be doing their jobs here and keeping the groups separated.

But the MSM has already categorized it as a gathering of white supremacists.

Comment

Either way, I am at home.

tumblr_nipr8hsbgY1t0bbgxo1_500.gif

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                      "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                      Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

so the only ones causing any violence at the Boston rally were not the KKK or White Supremacists, or conservatives of any sort...

Just the Antifa.

BREAKING: Antifa Attacking Boston PD At Boston Free Speech Rally

Antifa Rioters Attack Police At Boston Free Speech Rally

Boston, MA – An estimated over 20,000 people showed up to Boston to protest the Free Speech Rally after it was reported that the free speech group was made up of white supremacists. Antifa among the counter-protesters began attacking police Saturday afternoon.

Around 50 people showed up to attend the Free Speech Rally, none of them are known white supremacists and no white supremacist symbols were being displayed.

After the 50 people at the free speech rally gave speeches, police tried to transport them out and Antifa members began to mob them and throw objects at police officers. Those officers were in their patrol uniform with no protective gear.

Multiple arrests have been made as crowd control officers responded and took down some of the Antifa agitators.

Most of the people in the crowd are not engaging in violence, but Antifa is using those people as cover to attack the Boston Police officers.

Earlier in the day, near the start of the counter-protest march, an Antifa member attacked a woman who was holding an American flag. The Antifa hit her, and dragged her across the ground as he stole her flag. The moment was captured on video.
                        https://bluelivesmatter.blue/antifa-...ch-rally-riot/

see link for video.

Comment

Who still believes Antifa were the innocent victims in Charlottesville?
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Who still believes Antifa were the innocent victims in Charlottesville?
                            Never did...

http://www.kgw.com/news/politics/may...s-us/435436532
                            Last edited by seer; 08-19-2017, 04:26 PM.

Comment

The Boston police chief referred to antifa and other counter-protesters as being anti-free speech in a news conference which for the most part is spot on.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment