Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Breaking news: S. Bannon ousted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking news: S. Bannon ousted.

Apparently Bannon was suspected of leaking, or so the excuse goes, and has been ousted as cheif strategist in the Trump administration. I wonder how the Billionaire Mercer family who got him installed are going to react to this.

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Apparently Bannon was suspected of leaking, or so the excuse goes, and has been ousted as cheif strategist in the Trump administration. I wonder how the Billionaire Mercer family who got him installed are going to react to this.
    From what I'm hearing Bannon actually submitted his resignation two weeks ago.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      From what I'm hearing Bannon actually submitted his resignation two weeks ago.
      Yeah, thats what they all say, after they've been ousted!

Comment

Yeah, thats what they all say, after they've been ousted!
        No, I thought it was strange that Bannon was criticizing Trump's Korea comments earlier this week - it makes sense that he was already out.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          No, I thought it was strange that Bannon was criticizing Trump's Korea comments earlier this week - it makes sense that he was already out.
          Thats probably one of the reasons he's been fired, Bannon apparently thought those comments were off the record.

Comment

Time for him to make Breitbart great again!!!
            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Because nearly the entire right wing broke ranks and let Trump stand alone on the battlefield he now has to sacrifice a rook instead of a pawn (or even better, nothing). The left may be stupid and insane but the right can't even claim to benefit from insanity to make up for their stupidity.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

How much was Bannon really contributing to Trump's administration? This isn't a rhetorical question. I would really like to know.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So what?
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

A lot of it seems to be his acting like he was responsible for Trump's win when he came on rather late to the game. Trump does not like sharing a spotlight.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This exodus of figures that helped Trump win the presidency in the first place, is just one more element that reinforces my prediction that Trump's presidency is running out of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                        This exodus of figures that helped Trump win the presidency in the first place, is just one more element that reinforces my prediction that Trump's presidency is running out of time.
                        his admin is now full of career politicians, if anything it cements his position. it might cripple his ability to deliver on his promises, but there's less incentive for them to try and remove him (and thus themselves) from power. Not the path I would have picked but Trump's political instincts so far have been god tier.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          his admin is now full of career politicians, if anything it cements his position. it might cripple his ability to deliver on his promises, but there's less incentive for them to try and remove him (and thus themselves) from power. Not the path I would have picked but Trump's political instincts so far have been god tier.
                          Career politicians or not, this is not the "fine tuned machine" that Trump promised - it's a Chinese fire drill. It appears even his loyalists have gotten disgusted with his antics and constant drama, and are resigning before the ship sinks.

I anticipate that whatever drama consumes the WH next will result in at least some Republicans calling for his resignation.

Comment

Sounds like Mr. Bannon thought he could do more for Trump on the outside of the White House than in it. He's returning to his former role as executive chairman of Breitbart and said:
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I heard, I don't know if this is true, but I heard that after Bannon's firing he decided that he was going to go after Trump's administration.
                              It seems like Trump just sort of fires whomever he pleases whenever he pleases because they aren't giving him what they want.

Here's a little speculation from fox news for those who prefer it.
                              http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ng-to-war.html
                              Last edited by Catholicity; 08-18-2017, 11:11 PM.
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment