Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Majority of Americans want Confederate statues to remain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The incarceration rate might just reflect the crime rate you know.

They're only 12 to 13% of the population yet commit half the violent crime. Statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics reveal that blacks were charged with 62% of robberies, 57% of murders and 45% of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, despite only comprising roughly 15% of the population in these counties.
    I guess you missed the point that a marginalised, ghettoised people, as is the case among many blacks, are more likely to turn to crime. Their marginalisation in an affluent society like the US cannot be justified and needs to be addressed. Otherwise you are merely blaming the victim.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      . . . Their marginalisation (sic) in an affluent society like the US cannot be justified and needs to be addressed. . . .
      The marginalization you speak of is a direct result of the sort of liberal gibberish you spout.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        The marginalization you speak of is a direct result of the sort of liberal gibberish you spout.
        Yet another of Jed's unsubstantiated bald assertions. You don't actually know why blacks are largely marginalised (spelt with an "s" in England/Australia BTW, so what's all this "sic" crap), but you just know that it must be the fault of the liberals.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/socia...k-opportunity/
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

I guess you missed the point that a marginalised, ghettoised people, as is the case among many blacks, are more likely to turn to crime.
          Horse pucky. Marginalized my eye. Quit making excuses for people who choose to commit crimes.

Their marginalization in an affluent society like the US cannot be justified and needs to be addressed.
          As you liberal clowns love to parrot, more whites are on welfare than blacks. So, back that dump truck full of manure up somewhere else.

Mulch-dump-truck.jpg

Otherwise you are merely blaming the victim.
          So, criminals are now victims in your world?
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I guess you missed the point that a marginalised, ghettoised people, as is the case among many blacks, are more likely to turn to crime. Their marginalisation in an affluent society like the US cannot be justified and needs to be addressed. Otherwise you are merely blaming the victim.
            My father came from a very poor white region (Appalachia) and most of the people there are good upstanding citizens. And they all have guns. But they don't use them to kill each other. Sure there are some bad folks here and there, pot growers and some meth labs, but most people are law-abiding and friendly. Most towns only have a single police officer or maybe a couple to handle a whole town. So no, being poor is not an excuse for being violent.

WVHomes-tmagArticle.jpg

Oh and the region is now even poorer since the liberals have shut down the coal mines. Yay liberal programs! helping the poor get poorer.
            Last edited by Sparko; 08-29-2017, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              So no, being poor is not an excuse for being violent.
              Tass and his fellow leftists really are the racists - they don't believe that poor blacks can generally be moral. And one has to wonder why blacks weren't killing each other by the truck load or committing crimes at the rate they are today back in the 30s, 40s, 50s when they had it much worse economically and socially?
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

. Yay liberal programs! helping the poor get poorer.
                And then liberals give them welfare, which makes them dependent on their liberal benefactors to keep the lights on, which makes them vote for liberals to keep the money coming in... It's basically enforced prostitution.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

As I brought up to JimL in another thread, back in the pre Civil Rights era, when blacks faced much more discrimination and actually had to fear being lynched, crime rates in the black community were far lower. That was all before the Welfare State destroyed the family structure and later rap music came along celebrating and lionizing violence and criminal activity.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As I brought up to JimL in another thread, back in the pre Civil Rights era, when blacks faced much more discrimination and actually had to fear being lynched, crime rates in the black community were far lower. That was all before the Welfare State destroyed the family structure and later rap music came along celebrating and lionizing violence and criminal activity.
                    Wouldn't the "much more discrimination" and "actually had to fear being lynched" be a reason for them to have a lower crime rate? If you could get lynched for stepping out of line, I'd expect you'd want to work really hard to not step out of line.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      That's because you're pre programmed to believe that. Do you have any evidence that anyone on this thread, who isn't a liberal, must be a racist or do you believe that based up the fact they reject the notion that white racist exist behind every corner, to keep the black man down?
                      Whether one is conservative or liberal has nothing to do with whether they are a racist, it just so happens that, for some reason, the racists groups have adopted the conservative party as its own. Ever wonder why?

Comment

Right, we've got to bring back lynching, that should take care of those uppity blacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Whether one is conservative or liberal has nothing to do with whether they are a racist, it just so happens that, for some reason, the racists groups have adopted the conservative party as its own. Ever wonder why?
                          America does not have a conservative party. Just one that sometimes plays at it for looks.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            America does not have a conservative party. Just one that sometimes plays at it for looks.
                            I can understand your embarrasment. Well, Okay then, lets just say that the racist groups, like conservatives, tend to support the same political party. Feel better?

Comment

My father came from a very poor white region (Appalachia) and most of the people there are good upstanding citizens. And they all have guns. But they don't use them to kill each other. Sure there are some bad folks here and there, pot growers and some meth labs, but most people are law-abiding and friendly. Most towns only have a single police officer or maybe a couple to handle a whole town. So no, being poor is not an excuse for being violent.
                              So you're saying that the blacks are intrinsically inferior to 'wunnerful' whites like you who, though poor, manage to remain fine upstanding citizens. Edited by a ModeratorOTOH, you were not marginalised like the blacks have been...dating back to the era of slavery...and this is not in doubt despite the denials of you and the other racist Evangelicals around here.

“Why is it so difficult to end racial marginalization in the United States?"

http://www.africaontheblog.com/diffi...united-states/

There are many sites saying the same.

Oh and the region is now even poorer since the liberals have shut down the coal mines. Yay liberal programs! helping the poor get poorer.
                              Coal is no longer a viable industry and is a major pollutant and major cause of global warming .
                              Last edited by DesertBerean; 08-30-2017, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Nah liberal racism is in acting like being poor is why the black community has so much crime. As though blacks are unable to control themselves. Another good example would be race quotas as though blacks are not good enough to compete with whites. Meanwhile most conservatives I know reject racism while you adapt liberal racism as policy. Tell me, what one has been more destructive to minority's? Racist, who's policies have been rejected for decades or those who think blacks need the white man to help them?
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment