Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Majority of Americans want Confederate statues to remain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    More to the point you have not justified your oft repeated assertion that liberal welfare schemes cause crime in America, when in fact the opposite is true in other Western countries with much broader welfare safety nets.
    He already cited Appalachia where it doesn't cause crime. Do you morons not read?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

More to the point you have not justified your oft repeated assertion that liberal welfare schemes cause crime in America, when in fact the opposite is true in other Western countries with much broader welfare safety nets.
      If I ever said that welfare causes crime I did not express myself correctly. What I said, or intended to say, was that the way welfare is handled in the US has encouraged a culture that encourages crime. There is nothing wrong with providing such a safety net.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Your reading comprehension is as bad as Psychic Missile's.

Why should any of us "justify" a straw man view you set up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Your reading comprehension is as bad as Psychic Missile's.

Why should any of us "justify" a straw man view you set up?
          Cause then he can call you a racist, silly...
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I never said welfare causes crime. In fact I gave an example where people in appalachia get welfare and don't have crime.

See? you can't even seem to even get what I said right and want me to defend things I never said. Not worth my time PM.
            "The problem is that the liberal agenda and social programs breed a generation of entitlement babies who think they are owed everything. When they can't get everything handed to them, they decide to take it. Usually from each other because they are convenient. That is why you have gangs and thugs in inner cities."

"The inner city slums are a direct result of social programs by our government. They concentrate poor people in a small area, give them welfare to make them not work and have a lot of free time on their hands, give them affirmative action programs to make them feel entitled to special treatment, while being surrounded and bombarded by all the nice stuff they can't afford, and so what do they do? They decide they deserve that stuff, so they steal from their neighbors or sell them drugs to get enough money to get the things they can't afford. "

You've been arguing that crime in cities (specifically gang-related crime and theft) is the result of high-density housing and welfare. Are you saying you now disavow that stance? That's a quick turnaround. Glad I was able to enlighten you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
              "The problem is that the liberal agenda and social programs breed a generation of entitlement babies who think they are owed everything. When they can't get everything handed to them, they decide to take it. Usually from each other because they are convenient. That is why you have gangs and thugs in inner cities."

"The inner city slums are a direct result of social programs by our government. They concentrate poor people in a small area, give them welfare to make them not work and have a lot of free time on their hands, give them affirmative action programs to make them feel entitled to special treatment, while being surrounded and bombarded by all the nice stuff they can't afford, and so what do they do? They decide they deserve that stuff, so they steal from their neighbors or sell them drugs to get enough money to get the things they can't afford. "

You've been arguing that crime in cities (specifically gang-related crime and theft) is the result of high-density housing and welfare. Are you saying you now disavow that stance? That's a quick turnaround. Glad I was able to enlighten you.
              Like I said, you are not worth debating with since you seem to have a reading comprehension problem. Nowhere did I say that welfare is the cause of crime. It appears that burning a straw man is the only way you can try to "win" here, but you are only embarrassing your self and making yourself look dishonest and moronic.
              Last edited by Sparko; 09-11-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Like I said, you are not worth debating with since you seem to have a reading comprehension problem. Nowhere did I say that welfare is the cause of crime. It appears that burning a straw man is the only way you can try to "win" here, but you are only embarrassing your self and making yourself look dishonest and moronic.
                Social programs lead to people thinking they are owed everything and when they can't get it they take it resulting in gangs in inner cities. Social programs result in gang-related crime. It's clear as day what you said. A real man either stands by his convictions or admits when he's wrong.

Comment

Social programs lead to people thinking they are owed everything and when they can't get it they take it resulting in gangs in inner cities. Social programs result in gang-related crime. It's clear as day what you said. A real man either stands by his convictions or admits when he's wrong.
                  A real man doesn't burn strawmen.

Comment

A real man doesn't burn strawmen.
                    You're free to show how what you said isn't what you said. I certainly wouldn't want people to think I believe something I actually don't. I guess that's one of many differences between you and I.

Comment

You're free to show how what you said isn't what you said. I certainly wouldn't want people to think I believe something I actually don't. I guess that's one of many differences between you and I.
                      Wait, so now it is up to me to show that I didn't say what you accuse me of saying?

Here let me try:

You are obviously a commie atheist, you want to kill all capitalists and you support murdering babies and jews and you have said so many times. You are free to show you did not say those things.

Comment

Wait, so now it is up to me to show that I didn't say what you accuse me of saying?

Here let me try:

You are obviously a commie atheist, you want to kill all capitalists and you support murdering babies and jews and you have said so many times. You are free to show you did not say those things.
                        If you don't think welfare causes crime, then I'm asking you to clarify your argument, because that's what it looks like to me. This is basic stuff. Jedidiah had no problem doing this, and he did it preemptively, so why are you struggling? I do it all the time too, so it's not like I'm placing some burden upon people who disagree with me. All I'm trying to do is get back to our discussion, which you coincidentally abandoned the moment I had evidence contrary to one of your points. That's not an unfamiliar happening, either.

Comment

Jedidiah had no problem doing this, and he did it preemptively, so why are you struggling?
                          Allow me to emphasize that I am not aware of anyone who thinks welfare causes crime. I do not. The problem is the way it is handled in this nation, especially in poor and/or minority areas. I won't be able to defend this as I will be away for a couple weeks.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

If you don't think welfare causes crime, then I'm asking you to clarify your argument, because that's what it looks like to me. This is basic stuff. Jedidiah had no problem doing this, and he did it preemptively, so why are you struggling? I do it all the time too, so it's not like I'm placing some burden upon people who disagree with me. All I'm trying to do is get back to our discussion, which you coincidentally abandoned the moment I had evidence contrary to one of your points. That's not an unfamiliar happening, either.
                            Because I was already clear in my initial post. You went on from there burning straw. Go back and start over. here is a link: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post471849

Comment