Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Antifa: Promoting peace... through violence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antifa: Promoting peace... through violence!

Source: CNN

Antifa leaders admit they're willing to physically attack anyone who employs violence against them or who condones racism -- as long as force is used in the name of eradicating hatred.

[...]

"People put on the masks so that we can all become anonymous, right? And then, therefore, we are able to move more freely and do what we need to do, whether it is illegal or not."

[...]

Antifa activists often don't hesitate to destroy property, which many see as the incarnation of unfair wealth distribution.

"Violence against windows -- there's no such thing as violence against windows," a masked Antifa member in Union Square told CNN. "Windows don't have -- they're not persons. And even when they are persons, the people we fight back against, they are evil. They are the living embodiment, they are the second coming of Hitler."

[...]

Antifa members also sometimes launch attacks against people who aren't physically attacking them. The movement, Crow said, sees alt-right hate speech as violent, and for that, its activists have opted to meet violence with violence.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/08/18/u...eft/index.html

© Copyright Original Source

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence on many sides. On many sides."
    -President Donald J. Trump; August 12, 2017
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Sort of like how Islam is the "religion of peace" Antifa posters and the like revealing their peacefulness

The last one is so widespread it has inspired multiple imitations and parodies.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Is the fact that their posters resemble Nazi propaganda deliberate or unintentional irony?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

JUst outlaw masks at political gatherings and the cowards will fade away

Comment

It's only bad when it's the other side doing it, apparently. Although, so far, I've not yet seen an alt-right event where they initiated violence. Violence at alt-right events has only ever occurred when Antifa showed up.
          My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
            It's only bad when it's the other side doing it, apparently. Although, so far, I've not yet seen an alt-right event where they initiated violence. Violence at alt-right events has only ever occurred when Antifa showed up.
            not only that but violence occurs whenever antifa shows up even if there are no right wingers in sight. they'll usually attack the police or start vandalizing businesses if there's nobody else to fight
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

New Jersey Homeland list them as a terrorist group

https://www.njhomelandsecurity.gov/a...remists-antifa

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                That's what they did with the KKK years ago. Made it illegal to cover their faces with their hoods.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"Violence never solves anything," some people say.

But they simply haven't implemented it correctly: violence can solve any problem, if there's enough of it.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    The cowards have to cover their faces otherwise they would have to be responsible for their actions.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Is the fact that their posters resemble Nazi propaganda deliberate or unintentional irony?
                      It's not intended to look like Nazi propaganda, but rather anarchist propaganda, particularly the simple logo designs popular with anarcho-punk bands on the Crass records label, and the woodcut looking art work of the anarchist Clifford Harper. The underground punk scene has always been divided about how to approach the subject of anarchism, some have promoted the idea through peaceful means, and used logos and propaganda to reflect that, but there's also always been propaganda that promoted violence through the use of Molotov cocktails and armed resistance, but a lot of that stuff was put together by upper middle class art school dropouts who talked a lot about class warfare, but rarely took it more seriously than showing up at shows and creating zines (homemade magazines).

Antifa seems to be an outgrowth of the old anarcho-punk scene, but not necessarily associated with that underground. Their emphasis seems much more "anti-fascist" rather than broadly anarchist.
                      Last edited by Adrift; 08-19-2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        "Violence never solves anything," some people say.

But they simply haven't implemented it correctly: violence can solve any problem, if there's enough of it.
                        What about underpopulation?

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                          What about underpopulation?
                          Underpopulation ceases to be a problem if there's no population at all.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I think it is funny that news outlets seem to want to avoid calling them "Antifa"

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/massive-counterprotest-upstages-boston-free-speech-rally/ar-AAqjoAP?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=edgsp

Opponents feared that white nationalists might show up in Boston anyway, and turned out in force, some dressed entirely in black with bandannas over their faces.

© Copyright Original Source

Opponents...
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              not only that but violence occurs whenever antifa shows up even if there are no right wingers in sight. they'll usually attack the police or start vandalizing businesses if there's nobody else to fight
                              Pretty much. In their minds, if you're not one of them, you're a 'counter-revolutionary'.
                              My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment