Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Who Will Cause The Riots Tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Will Cause The Riots Tonight?

The wicked racist Trump supporters or the peace loving tolerant left?

Thousands set to protest President Trump as he arrives in Phoenix for campaign-style rally

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...822-story.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

A protest is not a riot.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      A protest is not a riot.
      True. But they can quickly transform especially considering how much money the usual suspects like George Soros are spending to send rent-a-mobs.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A protest is not a riot.
        You want to bet that many of the leftists will get violent?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Source: The article in the OP

The demonstrations remained peaceful until the end of the rally, when some protesters tried to break through barricades near an entrance to the convention center where Trump was finishing his speech. Police, who said some protesters had thrown rocks and bottles at them, used tear gas to disperse the crowds.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Source: The article in the OP

The demonstrations remained peaceful until the end of the rally, when some protesters tried to break through barricades near an entrance to the convention center where Trump was finishing his speech. Police, who said some protesters had thrown rocks and bottles at them, used tear gas to disperse the crowds.

© Copyright Original Source

I'm so surprised - leftists attacked cops!

Comment

I'm so surprised - leftists attacked cops!
              I tell you, the cops need to stop these idiots at the entrance to the area, take off their masks, make them show ID, photograph them into a database and arrest anyone with a bottle or bat. When they can't hide behind a mask, they will run away.

A lot of states already have anti-mask laws. They need to enforce them.

Comment

I tell you, the cops need to stop these idiots at the entrance to the area, take off their masks, make them show ID, photograph them into a database and arrest anyone with a bottle or bat. When they can't hide behind a mask, they will run away.

Yep!

Comment

From what I heard of a person who went there, it was a handful of people in the crowd who threw empty bottles at the police. The bottles didn't even reach the cops. The cops, being very hero, and very brave, threw flash-bangs into the crowd in response.

Overall it seems the protest was fairly peaceful.

Comment

As it turned out you were proven wrong. A handful of people threw empty water bottles that didn't hit the police, as I've been told by a witness there.

Comment

Way past time to outlaw masks at any demonstration or protest.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

As it turned out you were proven wrong. A handful of people threw empty water bottles that didn't hit the police, as I've been told by a witness there.
                        Yeah, I have no idea if that witness was correct or minimizing the situation. I bet he was leftist. From what I saw on the news this morning it was fairly wide spread (though most were peaceful). But I was not wrong Leonhard - it was the left who started the violence, again, even if it was a relatively few.

Comment

wrong? throwing anything at the police is being violent.

Comment

I am also in support of anti-masking laws in general. Its up to of six month prison sentence in Denmark for wearing a mask during assemblies at a public place. Even to be in possession of items that are primarily used for masking. The only exemption are headgear to protect against weather.

Comment

Yeah, I have no idea if that witness was correct or minimizing the situation. I bet he was leftist. From what I saw on the news this morning it was fairly wide spread (though most were peaceful). But I was not wrong Leonhard - it was the left who started the violence, again, even if it was a relatively few.
                              You bet he was leftist and seem to indicate that it follows we cannot trust the statements made due to that fact. If that is your approach it is rather easy to get to your conclusion "But I was not wrong Leonhard - it was the left who started the violence, again, even if it was a relatively few."

It is only that the method seems rather biased, don't you think, seer?
                              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment