Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Who Will Cause The Riots Tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    wrong? throwing anything at the police is being violent.
    A couple of empty water bottles, not even reaching the cops. That's not violent. It certainly doesn't warrant flash bangs thrown right into the crowd.

And its weird trying to see you guys spin those few bottles into the liberals being very violent. Or at least swallowing uncritical anything the media is reporting on these things. They haven't exactly proven reliable lately.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Yeah, I have no idea if that witness was correct or minimizing the situation. I bet he was leftist. From what I saw on the news this morning it was fairly wide spread (though most were peaceful). But I was not wrong Leonhard - it was the left who started the violence, again, even if it was a relatively few.
      Translated: "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Hardly any violence. At least I go by a someone who was actually there. If you have video recordings of liberals beating people with bats, or throwing molotov cocktails, post em for us to see. Right now though it appears the cops were scared out of their wits by a couple of empty water bottles. Heck the liberals that saw the guys who threw them even told them to stop. Its not like people there were like "Yeah violence!"

I'm laughing at you guys, thinking that was a display of severe violence. At least the way you describe it. If something is only violent according to a very technical and broad term that includes any action of aggression, however minor, and its only under that definition it counts as violent. Then its hardly violent.

Brb I have to teach a self-defense class against empty water bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        Translated: "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Hardly any violence. At least I go by a someone who was actually there. If you have video recordings of liberals beating people with bats, or throwing molotov cocktails, post em for us to see. Right now though it appears the cops were scared out of their wits by a couple of empty water bottles. Heck the liberals that saw the guys who threw them even told them to stop. Its not like people there were like "Yeah violence!"

I'm laughing at you guys, thinking that was a display of severe violence. At least the way you describe it. If something is only violent according to a very technical and broad term that includes any action of aggression, however minor, and its only under that definition it counts as violent. Then its hardly violent.

Brb I have to teach a self-defense class against empty water bottles.
        Fighting, Rocks and bottles Leonhard?

Once the president's speech was done, some protesters attempted to move barricades that were holding back the anti-Trump crowds. Police issued a warning, then fired tear-gas canisters. Thick plumes of smoke filled the air.

"Some people in the crowd began fighting and throwing rocks and bottles at police," said Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Jonathan Howard, who said officers "reportedly dispersed gas into the area."

In an earlier tweet, the Police Department said officers were "addressing criminal behavior near 2nd St. & Monroe," which is the northwest corner of the convention center where Trump spoke.
        http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

A couple of empty water bottles, not even reaching the cops. That's not violent. It certainly doesn't warrant flash bangs thrown right into the crowd.

And its weird trying to see you guys spin those few bottles into the liberals being very violent. Or at least swallowing uncritical anything the media is reporting on these things. They haven't exactly proven reliable lately.
          It is you who is claiming it was only a few empty water bottles. The news says they were throwing bottles and rocks and the police responded with pepper spray.

====
          “People in the crowd have begun throwing rocks and bottles at police. They also dispersed some gas in the area,” Phoenix police spokesman Jonathan Howard said, adding that officers responded with pepper spray to “disperse the crowd.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...esters-throwi/

Comment

It is you who is claiming it was only a few empty water bottles. The news says they were throwing bottles and rocks and the police responded with pepper spray.
            Yes, and a guy I've heard from who was actually there said it was just empty water bottles. The image you've sent doesn't have rocks, or anything else in it. And I'm very sucpicious of it. Conservatives have already circulated quite a few images... one of an ariel photo of a crowd, to try to show that the support for Trump was huge, only it was a crowd from a completely different city, and one of a man hitting someone with a baseball bat, again from a completely different news.

If you trust the testimony of the newspapers be my guest. I don't trust them.

Comment

Yes, and a guy I've heard from who was actually there said it was just empty water bottles. The image you've sent doesn't have rocks, or anything else in it. And I'm very sucpicious of it. Conservatives have already circulated quite a few images... one of an ariel photo of a crowd, to try to show that the support for Trump was huge, only it was a crowd from a completely different city, and one of a man hitting someone with a baseball bat, again from a completely different news.

If you trust the testimony of the newspapers be my guest. I don't trust them.
              Usually the police don't just start shooting rubber bullets, pepper balls and tear gas for no reason. I suppose it could happen but I doubt it. They don't want to start something if things are going peacefully.

Comment

Usually the police don't just start shooting rubber bullets, pepper balls and tear gas for no reason. I suppose it could happen but I doubt it. They don't want to start something if things are going peacefully.
                I can only relay what he said, and I trust him, not some line of text from a guy who is responsible for those police officers and has a vested interest in portraying what his men did in the best positive light, and what the people his men reacted to in the worst possible light.

The guy I know said stated these observations 'empty water bottles; never reaching the police; protester around those throwers shouted at them not to do it; immediately after the police fired rubber bullets and flash-bangs'.

I don't know what to say Sparko. I trust a guy over the media. I really don't trust the media these days.

Comment

As it turned out you were proven wrong. A handful of people threw empty water bottles that didn't hit the police, as I've been told by a witness there.
                  "Proof" of yours is hearsay, that libtard (you) just repeats!

Right now though it appears the cops were scared out of their wits by a couple of empty water bottles.
                  It's very very much more likely that '''''''proof''''''' of yours is wrong than cops being scared of empty water bottles!!!
                  Last edited by demi-conservative; 08-23-2017, 04:52 PM.
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

I can only relay what he said, and I trust him, not some line of text from a guy who is responsible for those police officers and has a vested interest in portraying what his men did in the best positive light, and what the people his men reacted to in the worst possible light.

The guy I know said stated these observations 'empty water bottles; never reaching the police; protester around those throwers shouted at them not to do it; immediately after the police fired rubber bullets and flash-bangs'.

I don't know what to say Sparko. I trust a guy over the media. I really don't trust the media these days.
                    welll I dont trust the media either but I dont see the police going nuts over some empty water bottles that didnt even reach them either.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                      "Proof" of yours is hearsay, that libtard (you) just repeats!
                      Demi, Leonhard is not a libtard, you shouldn't call him that.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Demi, Leonhard is not a libtard, you shouldn't call him that.
                        To a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Fighting, Rocks and bottles Leonhard?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html
                          That can not be true. Leonhard knows someone who was there, none of that could have happened - not in America.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Ok doing a bit more digging...

This is from Fox News, but it has quotes from a named police source AND a video backing it up..

Published August 23, 2017
                            Fox News

Protesters outside the Phoenix Convention Center on Tuesday.

Protesters outside the Phoenix Convention Center on Tuesday. (AP Photo/Matt York)

A group of anti-Trump demonstrators used gas canisters, rocks and bottles to assault police Tuesday night and create havoc at what officials said was mostly a peaceful protest in Phoenix.

Video captured by a local reporter also shows a smoking object being thrown at police while hundreds of officers attempted to keep order at a rally after President Trump's speech at the Phoenix Convention Center had ended.

"A very small number of individuals chose criminal conduct," Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams told reporters late Tuesday.

The individuals broke down fencing and "at one point dispersed gas into and at the police officers," Williams said. "They had their own gas they threw at police, not our gas."

The violence resembled the mayhem perpetrated by Antifa groups, militant far-left "anti-fascist" groups that have protested Trump at other venues.

Local Phoenix officers dressed in riot gear finally had to disperse pepper balls and tear gas at the crowds. Officers first directed pepper spray at individual protesters before they deployed a larger-scale gas.

"Officers were forced then at that time to really protect themselves, to protect the community, to protect property and they did so successfully and professionally," Williams said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/23...lt-police.html

Also on the page is a video shot by a local reporter and posted on twitter, showing the crowd throwing objects at the police, and reaching them. And one of the objects seems to be a gas canister.

Link to the twitter post:

https://twitter.com/azcentral/status...lt-police.html

--
                            Related:

Phoenix PD release more details on protests, arrests outside Trump's rally in Phoenix

Police did make four arrests, three pertaining the protests and one on an unrelated warrant. The three arrested in relation to the protests were 28-year-old Daireus Stokes, 25-year-old Pamela Robertson and 34-year-old Derrick Pacheco.

Stokes was arrested for three counts of aggravated assault on police, three counts of disorderly conduct, one count of resisting arrest and three counts of threatening and intimidating.

Robertson was arrested for one count of aggravated assault on police and Pacheco was arrested for one count of disorderly conduct.

According to court documents obtained by 3TV/CBS 5, Stokes had a handgun with him and threatened officers before he was arrested. Documents state that officers ordered Stokes not to touch his gun but he did not comply.

Officers then placed Stokes under arrest.

14729773_G.jpg

http://www.azfamily.com/story/362000...lly-in-phoenix

So it was only a few idiots who started it, but it was not just "empty bottles that did not even reach them" either.
                            Last edited by Sparko; 08-24-2017, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Could it be possible that your source simply wasn't able to see everything that went on?
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Here we go again...

Police vow to 'stamp out' violence at San Francisco rally expected to draw white supremacists

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...823-story.html

Comment