Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The Duck Tales Reboot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Duck Tales Reboot.

Was actually pretty good IMO. I mean, I don't think it will ever be as good as the original, but it was overall a good show. Although getting used to the look of Huey, Dewey, and Louie will take a bit, as well as the voice of Scrooge. I don't think anyone will ever be able to replace Alan Young for that role.

Disney XD put the first episodes on their youtube channel.

From the previews I knew I wasn't going to be thrilled with the artwork but after watching it, it wasn't nearly as bad as I feared. The story was pretty good (liked the first half better) so I'm definitely willing to give it a shot.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yarr Captain Peghook!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        From the previews I knew I wasn't going to be thrilled with the artwork but after watching it, it wasn't nearly as bad as I feared. The story was pretty good (liked the first half better) so I'm definitely willing to give it a shot.
        I was worried a bit too, mostly because of the way the younger ducks looked. The beak just looks weird IMO. Other than that I think the art is just fine. A lot of it reminds me of an old Scrooge McDuck comic I won at the church we went to a long time ago. Oh, and I'm really glad they kept the old theme song!

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          I was worried a bit too, mostly because of the way the younger ducks looked. The beak just looks weird IMO. Other than that I think the art is just fine. A lot of it reminds me of an old Scrooge McDuck comic I won at the church we went to a long time ago. Oh, and I'm really glad they kept the old theme song!
          The show is racist. The ducks are all white.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            The show is racist. The ducks are all white.

You missed the green one at the end didn't you?

Anyway, the show has continued to be really good IMO. The animation was hard to get used to, and the voices were a bit of a shock after decades of the same Scrooge McDuck*. I think for Scrooge this was done on purpose to avoid trying to sound too much like the old one. If done well everything would have been fine, but that's usually a lot harder than you might think. I really like the fact that Huey, Louie, and Dewey seem more individual, and that Webby isn't nearly so boring. Scrooge, Launchpad, and Donald are the same as ever though. The continual introduction of old characters is really nice, and it's funny to learn that David Tentant worked with one of them when he was on Doctor Who.

*Sadly Alan Young died last year.

Comment

merely a token Mallard.

Comment

Anyway, the show has continued to be really good IMO. The animation was hard to get used to, and the voices were a bit of a shock after decades of the same Scrooge McDuck*. I think for Scrooge this was done on purpose to avoid trying to sound too much like the old one. If done well everything would have been fine, but that's usually a lot harder than you might think. I really like the fact that Huey, Louie, and Dewey seem more individual, and that Webby isn't nearly so boring. Scrooge, Launchpad, and Donald are the same as ever though. The continual introduction of old characters is really nice, and it's funny to learn that David Tentant worked with one of them when he was on Doctor Who.

*Sadly Alan Young died last year.
                I liked the two episode premiere but the episodes I watched since then have been pretty lame IMHBAO.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I liked the two episode premiere but the episodes I watched since then have been pretty lame IMHBAO.
                  I've enjoyed all of them, especially "The Great Dime Chase".

Comment

I've enjoyed all of them, especially "The Great Dime Chase".
                    That is the one of the three subsequent episodes I missed.

Comment

That is the one of the three subsequent episodes I missed.
                      It's the best one by far after "Woo-oo!". I think after that one they wanted to start a bit more character development on Huey, Louie, Dewey, and Webby. Beagle Birthday Massacre also introduced some interesting stuff if you haven't seen it. Very weird episode though.

Comment

It's been a long time since I've been this excited waiting for Saturday morning cartoons. Even out of the episodes that I thought weren't great, they were still interesting, and revealed more story. The best so far are "Woo-oo!", "The Great Dime Chase", "House of the Lucky Gander", and to my surprise "The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks". I'm hoping the next episode will go back to some of the stuff with Lena, and Magica de Spell. Magica was one of the more interesting characters from the old show IMO. Apparently they are going to bring in Darkwing Duck at some point, and Jim Cummings has been listed as doing the voice too, so that could be interesting. A Darkwing Duck reboot of this quality is something I would definitely like.

Comment

Well, so far the second Season has been mostly* pretty good. The best 3 being "The Golden Lagoon of White Agony Plains", "The Secret Case files of Agent 22", and "Who is Gizmoduck". They are doing lots and lots of references/crossovers to old Disney cartoons, including The Adventures of the Gummy Bears, Darkwing Duck**, and next weekend Talespin.

*One terrible episode called "Day of the Only Child".
                          **So far they are making it look like Darkwing Duck was a TV show that Launchpad really liked growing up. I'm hoping they do more with Darkwing than that, and wouldn't be too surprised if they did given some stuff they had in other episodes.

Comment