Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How the Mainstream Media Operate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the Mainstream Media Operate

Source: Dennis Prager

Lesson No. 1: When the mainstream media write or say that a conservative "suggested" something that sounds outrageous, it usually means the conservative never actually said it. After all, why write "suggested" and not "said" or "wrote"? Be suspicious whenever anything attributed to a conservative has no quotation marks and no source.Lesson No. 2: When used by the mainstream media, the words "divisive" or "contentious" simply mean "leftists disagree with."

Both words were used in The New York Times piece. The writer wrote that my "political views are divisive" and that I've made "other contentious statements."

But the only reason my views are "divisive" and "contentious" is The New York Times differs with them.

During the eight-year presidency of Barack Obama, did The New York Times once describe anything he did or said as "divisive" or "contentious" (including his pre-2012 opposition to the legalization of same-sex marriage)?

Lesson No. 3: Contrary evidence is omitted.Lesson No. 4: Subjects are covered in line with left-wing ideology.Link

© Copyright Original Source

Looks pretty much spot on. Keep this in mind when you read stories on more momentous topics.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

What Prager needs to do is accuse the liberals and the MSM for being antisemetic Nazis because they are attacking him. That will confuse them as they won't know if they should defend him as a Jew or condemn him as a conservative.

Comment

Ten years ago, I had a healthy respect for journalists and MSM in general. But, I've paid too much attention to their shenanigans over the years to take what they say at face value. Nowadays MSM make no real effort to present both sides of a controversy and they're not interested in trying to be objective. They're interested in increasing advertising revenue and becoming famous themselves. It's really quite shameful, particularly when they help destroy people's lives for a pithy headline and a few extra clicks.
      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        What Prager needs to do is accuse the liberals and the MSM for being antisemetic Nazis because they are attacking him. That will confuse them as they won't know if they should defend him as a Jew or condemn him as a conservative.
        Increasingly the left has been abandoning the Jews in favor of Muslims so it is doubtful that they would care. Add to that the fact they have always loathed conservative Jews (almost as much as they do conservative blacks) and it is extremely doubtful that this strategy would be effective.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Increasingly the left has been abandoning the Jews in favor of Muslims so it is doubtful that they would care. Add to that the fact they have always loathed conservative Jews (almost as much as they do conservative blacks) and it is extremely doubtful that this strategy would be effective.
          That's why he has to use the magic word "Nazi"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            That's why he has to use the magic word "Nazi"
            On the plus side, nobody's panicked over Russia for a while now.

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              On the plus side, nobody's panicked over Russia for a while now.

I blame the Russians for that

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's how the mainstream media has always operated, even back in the "golden age" with Walter "The Most Trusted Man In America" Cronkite. As I've said before, the idealistic notion of a world-weary reporter doggedly pursuing the truth and nothing but the truth has always been a fantasy. The difference back in the day is that liberals pretty much had a monopoly on what information was presented to the public and who would be allowed to comment on it. Today's "new media" has changed everything, and the mainstream can't get away with it like they used to, although they're trying mightily to reclaim their monopoly with companies like Google, Facebook, and Twitter actively censoring what the public is allowed to see.
                Last edited by Mountain Man; 08-28-2017, 02:08 PM.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment