Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.08.24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.08.24

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    A Tribute to Caregivers…
    Shalom!

One of most unrecognized and emotionally draining “jobs” in life is that of a Caregiver. Yet Jesus said, “There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” (John 15:13, NLT) Often being a Caregiver is personally costlier than being that of the one receiving the care. I know because never in my wildest dreams did I ever see myself as one needing a Caregiver. Yet on August 23, 2017 I find myself depending on my beloved wife of 49 years Patti Piper.

Patti’s role as a Caregiver is further complicated because I am not the first one to depend on her ability to put herself aside to give care to a loved one, in fact I am the fourth one. Being a Caregiver is further complicated because it is usually the one needing the care that gets most of the attention from others. Often going unrecognized by themselves Caregivers have a special place in Jesus’ heart, ““And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’” (Matthew 25:40, NLT)

Writing from the perspective of one receiving care I see Caregiver’s needing recognition not in the form a “Pat on the back” or and “Atta boy or girl” but in the form of encouragement in recognizing their sacrifice by encouraging them to take a day off and get away, “I’ll take over for you while your regrouping yourself.” One of the things we all need to remember like our automobiles Caregivers cannot run on an empty tank. However, unlike our automobiles a Caregivers “engine” is running 24/7.

Writing from the perspective of one receiving care there are no words that can adequately say, “Thank you Patti for giving up your personal life for me as my Careiver. I know Jesus sees the fruit of your labor and He sends the Holy Spirit as your source of strength. Thank You, my Love.” If you are one like me receiving care please give your Caregiver words of thanks and encouragement. If you are a Caregiver please put your name in the place of Patti and accept my thanks on behalf of Jesus.

If you know a Caregiver I encourage you to reach to them and touch them “fill their tanks” with your support and do what you can to make their “job” easier. Remembering for the most part they are shouldering a great deal of responsibility then they are equipped to handle.

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotionals.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation

Amen Gary!!! Caregivers are unsung heroes.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X