Thread: I have been a hypocrite.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I have been a hypocrite.

I have mocked you guys and the teachings of Christ and his saints in my heart when it comes to purity. Much like saint Augustine did at one point. I have much work to do. I pray that you may forgive me. God help me.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I'm always still in trouble again

3. Amen TheWall amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again. We all fall. You're just like everyone else in this regard.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

5. Amen rogue06, TheWall, Cerebrum123, One Bad Pig amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by LostSheep View Post
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again. We all fall. You're just like everyone else in this regard.
    Exactly. None of us are perfect. Far from it. We all have a long record of failures and will continue to fail. That you realize it and strive to do better is what is important.

I'm always still in trouble again

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Truly I am blessed to have the Holy spirit dwell within me and freinds in faith like you.

8. Amen mossrose, LostSheep amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    I have mocked you guys and the teachings of Christ and his saints in my heart when it comes to purity. Much like saint Augustine did at one point. I have much work to do. I pray that you may forgive me. God help me.
    I'm glad you are seeking God with all your heart, but this sort of post is unnecessary. Don't seek approval or attention for things that are common to us all. Just seek Him and pick yourself up when you fall. No need to rattle the can for us to hear the change inside.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

10. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Tmi
    There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I'm glad you are seeking God with all your heart, but this sort of post is unnecessary. Don't seek approval or attention for things that are common to us all. Just seek Him and pick yourself up when you fall. No need to rattle the can for us to hear the change inside.

Never thought of it that way before.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    “After each failure, ask forgiveness, pick yourself up, and try again. Very often what God first helps us towards is not the virtue itself but just this power of always trying again.” C.S. Lewis
    "We can understand hell in its aspect of privation. All your life an unattainable ecstasy has hovered just beyond the grasp of your consciousness. The day is coming when you will wake to find, beyond all hope, that you have attained it, or else, that it was within your reach and you have lost it forever.” C.S. Lewis

14. Amen TheWall amen'd this post.