Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.09.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.09.04

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing Jehovah-Jireh...
    Psalm 46:10
    Shalom!

I am sure you’ve heard, read, or seen where we are counseled to find a quiet place where we can be alone with God so we can pray, meditate, an experience the Peace of Christ. I know I have. My favorite places here are over on the Fort Gratiot Township Ponds and sitting where Lake Huron empties into the St. Clair River. But because it seems as if our lives are becoming more chaotic it is becoming more difficult to find silence in our silent places. And because of our chaotic our need for a place of silence is only broken by the still small voice of the Spirit is more needed than ever before.

With those thoughts in mind the Spirit directed me to Psalms 46:10, “Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” (Psalm 46:10, NLT) And suddenly I realized my special place wasn’t sitting at pond nor was it sitting overlooking a river – it was in me! The Psalmist was directing me not to a place he was directing my imagination. One of the things that come alive in my imagination is the bible. Then I realized whenever I open my bible I find myself looking into a paradox because the bible is a place of silence where my chaotic life can find stillness yet at the same it is filled with voices, wonderful voices that testify of God’s love for me.

I know it is absolutely necessary that we read and study our bibles with the assistance of the Holy Spirit but we also need to do so with the power of our imagination. I’ve been known to use of variety of bible translations because at times the same verse in a different translation not only provides me with another perspective it also helps me experience it firsthand. For example, you’ve already read Psalms 46:10 in the New Living Translation but it wasn’t until I read the same verse in the God’s Word Translation that I found myself alone with God and the voice of the Spirit spoke to me, “Let go of your concerns! Then you will know that I am God. I rule the nations. I rule the earth.” (Psalms 46:10 GW)

Let go of your concerns! Give them to Jesus then listen to the silent voice not only of Spirit but the voices of the bible as well. Then you will experience God firsthand.

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.” **
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://www.gloryseeddevotionals.org.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 67:1, New Living Translation

Amen Gary!!!! This is a great observation, to use ones imagination when reading the Bible!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Thank you my friend for all your support and encouragement. Stay Blessed!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X