Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Still Going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Going

I thought I should probably update here. I have been blogging quite a bit but I'm trying not to harp endlessly - not going so well on that front...

Food stamps: Denied, trying to find out why.

Unemployment: Mailed the latest appeal on the certification. No word on the appeal for benefits.

Disability: Heard from SSA last week - may have a result in another two months. Being fair, that's partially my fault. Have no idea why the address was so very wrong, though.

Disability, Part 2: need to call the doctor again - at last word, he hadn't finished the forms.

Job hunt: Bwahahahaha.... Sigh.... Retooling resume this week...

So, three months with no income. Not a lot of progress despite actually trying. My bank account is on life support.

On the other hand:

Have a place to live for now - and it's better than what I'd had for the last couple years.

Still have car - beats me as to why and I'm NOT calling to ask. They have the number, they used it enough. Court has the address so it's not like that they can't get in touch but thus far, nada. This is a good thing. Probably won't last forever but I'll take what I can get.

The novel I started in 2014 will probably be finished by the end of September. I'll see about selling the final edit in ebook form. Mostly, I will have FINISHED something. I need to accomplish something, ya know?

I'm walking a lot better - and once I can afford new shoes I think things will improve a lot more.

Kitties are doing better for the most part - fleas are a real danger now. I hate the cold but I can't wait for it to start this year.

Dogs are doing well - making more of a mess than they should. Once I can walk well, I'll look at fixing the fence for them.

And God is good. He is all the time, but sometimes, ya just gotta say it.

And so it goes...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Teal I wish I could give you a job, but I can not. I can however remind you that God loves you.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks, TW.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

You are welcome.
        sigpic

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

It was a misunderstanding - I have food stamps! The website is a disaster but i finally found the part I needed and I talked to my worker - it's okay, it just doesn't get deposited until the ninth!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

It was a misunderstanding - I have food stamps!

All praise and honor and glory and power be to our Holy and Almighty Lord!
                3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

It was a misunderstanding - I have food stamps! The website is a disaster but i finally found the part I needed and I talked to my worker - it's okay, it just doesn't get deposited until the ninth!

Just saw this.

Comment

That's great news.

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Interesting. ...once, out of curiosity, I did an online calculation on just how much food stamps I would get on just my pension alone. It wasn't much, but I found the system was pretty much weighted in favor of families over single people...
                          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            Interesting. ...once, out of curiosity, I did an online calculation on just how much food stamps I would get on just my pension alone. It wasn't much, but I found the system was pretty much weighted in favor of families over single people...
                            It is. I already buy conservatively so the amount I get is actually fairly decent. It will probably change when I get an income but that's okay.

But yeah, the entire thing is weighted toward people with kids. It's a catch 22 - you want to help the kids but you end up encouraging irresponsible child bearing.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

It is. I already buy conservatively so the amount I get is actually fairly decent. It will probably change when I get an income but that's okay.

But yeah, the entire thing is weighted toward people with kids. It's a catch 22 - you want to help the kids but you end up encouraging irresponsible child bearing.
                              Well there you go! A solution is at hand!

6896a0ade2dcddbc88a1b8f88e7c69e5.jpg

Comment