Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Gun Registration Is Evil...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Gun Registration Is Evil...

So now you can't defend yourself against looters and such?

U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma.

Completing this poll entitles you to Daily Caller news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
    Mapp signed the order Monday in preparation for Hurricane Irma. The order allows the Adjutant General of the Virgin Islands to seize private property they believe necessary to protect the islands, subject to approval by the territory’s Justice Department.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/05/vi...urricane-irma/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I don't think the US Virgin Islands has to obey the US Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I think that is correct, but if there wasn't registration they would not know where the guns were. Besides since when did leftists let the Constitution stop them?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

U.S. Virgin Islands are part of the U.S. so therefore the Constitution does apply. However, it is a Territory rather than a State, so parts about States don't apply to it. I'm not sure if the Privileges or Immunities Clause, which is what's supposed to extend things like the second amendment to States, are supposed to apply to territories as well.

Comment

The governor is saying that she was only authorizing the National Guard to seize weapons and any needed equipment from businesses, not private citizens. Legalized looting I guess.

Comment

The governor is saying that she was only authorizing the National Guard to seize weapons and any needed equipment from businesses, not private citizens. Legalized looting I guess.
            They should have to pay for anything they "seize". Just because a business man owns it doesn't mean it should be free for the taking.
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
              They should have to pay for anything they "seize". Just because a business man owns it doesn't mean it should be free for the taking.
              they probably would leave receipts I would imagine.

Comment