Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Civilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization

Okay, so I'm a fairly big Civ fan (not the best player, but been playing for a loooooooong time .... I still have my bootleg copy of Civ1 sitting on a floppy disk (that I can no longer read as I no longer have a floppy drive)
    I'm considering taking the plunge and splashing out on Civ VI (good grief that's still an eye watering price a year after release, especially if you include the DLC).

I enjoy Civ V (270+ hours on record)
    Played heaps of Civ III, Civ IV and Colonization 1 & 2 (I think it's a toss up between FreeCol and Col2 which is better)

So those who play Civ VI, yay or nay to getting it when next Steam tempts me with a sale.

Oh and if you're on Steam and you haven't joined the TWeb Steam group, why not?
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    Okay, so I'm a fairly big Civ fan (not the best player, but been playing for a loooooooong time .... I still have my bootleg copy of Civ1 sitting on a floppy disk (that I can no longer read as I no longer have a floppy drive)
    I'm considering taking the plunge and splashing out on Civ VI (good grief that's still an eye watering price a year after release, especially if you include the DLC).

I enjoy Civ V (270+ hours on record)
    Played heaps of Civ III, Civ IV and Colonization 1 & 2 (I think it's a toss up between FreeCol and Col2 which is better)

So those who play Civ VI, yay or nay to getting it when next Steam tempts me with a sale.

Did they fix the bugs that were causing spontaneous program closing yet? I've played most of them--even Call to Power--and I love them. I just don't have much time right now. I can either be a semi-competent teacher and attentive husband and father, or I can play civ.

fwiw,
    guacamole
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
      Did they fix the bugs that were causing spontaneous program closing yet?
      I presume so.

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
      I've played most of them--even Call to Power--and I love them. I just don't have much time right now. I can either be a semi-competent teacher and attentive husband and father, or I can play civ.
      Yes, I have noticed the same problem. When I do play Civ, I tend to get into trouble with my better half because "just 1 more turn" at 10pm somehow finishes at 2am

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
        There's a TWeb Steam group?
        My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
          There's a TWeb Steam group?
          do you not ever look at the menu options at the top of each page in TWeb?
          Forum | What's New? | FB Group | Steam Group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/twebgamers

-Ben Witherington III

Comment

Civ 6 is a lot like Civ 5 in my opinion, only you can recruit a city-state's troops, which is kind of nice. There is a free demo, but I don't think it is worth $50 or more for the game...

Blessings,
            Lee
            "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X