Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Life after the eclipse (sign of Jonah)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Within three months? Maybe we should set a reminder for 2025 then.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      Within three months? Maybe we should set a reminder for 2025 then.
      I am sure he will give himself seven years and claim it is the Tribulation and then conveniently come up with another 'theory' in a few years when it is clear the end-times have not started yet. Just like every other date-setting doomsayer.

Comment

It's easier to get news of bad things happening in other places. Yay global commutation! Too bad we can't get the good news also. Well, here's some good news. It's not related to the Good News, but still good.

http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/1...598705_eng.pdf

That's a long paper, so here is a video that sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          The end-times. You expect it to happen this year right?
          If I'm wrong, I say "my bad." If you're wrong, your cowardice leads you and everyone who relies upon you to damnation.

Comment

Originally posted by Darfius View Post
            If I'm wrong, I say "my bad." If you're wrong, your cowardice leads you and everyone who relies upon you to damnation.
            cowardice? for not believing you are right?

If I am wrong, I get to see Jesus sooner than I thought. If you are wrong you are being a false prophet and will have to pay for your arrogance.

Comment

Assume that I'm not a Christian for a moment; would you answer me this? "What must I do to be saved?"
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                Assume that I'm not a Christian for a moment; would you answer me this? "What must I do to be saved?"
                He thinks you have to agree with him in everything. Cause he be special.

Comment

Saved from what?

Comment

Saved from what?
                    A lonely eternity.

Comment

Saved from what?
                      Sin and death.
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Sin and death.
                        Seems obvious to me that the only way to be saved from sin is to stop sinning. Physical death is an unfortunate reality at present, but Christ will deliver His faithful from that at some point. Spiritual death results from sin, so deliverance from that also requires the cessation of sin.

Comment

Seems obvious to me that the only way to be saved from sin is to stop sinning. Physical death is an unfortunate reality at present, but Christ will deliver His faithful from that at some point. Spiritual death results from sin, so deliverance from that also requires the cessation of sin.
                          The penalty of sin is death. And sanctification does not happen overnight sadly.

Comment

Great. so when are you going to do that?

And who the heck needs Jesus if you can just stop sinning? And especially if the ONLY way to be saved is to stop sinning. I thought Jesus was the ONLY way. silly me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Great. so when are you going to do that?

And who the heck needs Jesus if you can just stop sinning? And especially if the ONLY way to be saved is to stop sinning. I thought Jesus was the ONLY way. silly me.
                              I don't sin very much if at all these days. But I never could have gotten to this point without Jesus and I will always need Him. In fact, one of the rewards of obeying Him is a deeper knowledge and understanding of my need for Him than those who claim to love Him and yet do not what He says. He is indeed the only way to stop sinning.

Comment

I don't sin very much if at all these days.
                                So I guess you aren't saved then. Too bad.

What with being a false prophet and still sinning, you don't stand a chance.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X