Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: Your Views on Patriarchy

  1. #1
    Professor Zymologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    someplace in Montana
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,532
    Amen (Given)
    1196
    Amen (Received)
    3351

    Your Views on Patriarchy

    How does the Patriarchy make you feel?

    Me? I think it's alright. I asked my wife the other day what she thought, while she was making me a sandwich and getting me a beer, and she agreed.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

    "Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

  2. Amen Darth Executor amen'd this post.
  3. #2
    tWebber Darth Executor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,918
    Amen (Given)
    1699
    Amen (Received)
    2603
    Patriarchy is the biblical way. I don't think that women can never be leaders, but Wildflower needn't worry about her gender, she obv has no leadership skills either way.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

    There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

  4. #3
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    37,567
    Amen (Given)
    3412
    Amen (Received)
    17946

  5. #4
    Thanks Old Man... Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,532
    Amen (Given)
    6915
    Amen (Received)
    7169
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Patriarchy is the biblical way. I don't think that women can never be leaders, but Wildflower needn't worry about her gender, she obv has no leadership skills either way.
    I disagree. I think she is pretty well spoken and passionate on the subject - both leadership qualities. But as far as Patriarchy goes, there's societal patriarchy and there's familial patriarchy. It's important to not confuse the two.


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  6. #5
    Professor Zymologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    someplace in Montana
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,532
    Amen (Given)
    1196
    Amen (Received)
    3351
    If any of the tweb females read this thread and feel their toes have been stepped on, I apologize.

    But I do have to point out that I wouldn't have stepped on your toes if you'd been in the kitchen. Just saying.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

    "Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

  7. #6
    Thanks Old Man... Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,532
    Amen (Given)
    6915
    Amen (Received)
    7169
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    If any of the tweb females read this thread and feel their toes have been stepped on, I apologize.

    But I do have to point out that I wouldn't have stepped on your toes if you'd been in the kitchen. Just saying.
    Exactly. Sandwiches don't make themselves!


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  8. #7
    tWebber TheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,879
    Amen (Given)
    1307
    Amen (Received)
    1422
    To me the word feels like a bludgeon and a secret society.
    People want to shut you up accuse them of being patriarchal.
    You point out the fact that men and women were made different by design and people think you are some kind of bigot.
    Women are awesome but they have different attributes than men.

  9. #8
    Thanks Old Man... Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,532
    Amen (Given)
    6915
    Amen (Received)
    7169
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    To me the word feels like a bludgeon and a secret society.
    People want to shut you up accuse them of being patriarchal.
    You point out the fact that men and women were made different by design and people think you are some kind of bigot.
    Women are awesome but they have different attributes than men.
    And you should see them with an iron!


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  10. #9
    tWebber Darth Executor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,918
    Amen (Given)
    1699
    Amen (Received)
    2603
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I disagree. I think she is pretty well spoken and passionate on the subject - both leadership qualities. But as far as Patriarchy goes, there's societal patriarchy and there's familial patriarchy. It's important to not confuse the two.
    Someone who demeans subservient roles is unfit to be a leader, period. She doesn't have even the slightest understanding of what leadership is or what it entails. She's a child who's angry because Daddy won't buy her all the candy she wants.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

    There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

  11. #10
    Thanks Old Man... Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,532
    Amen (Given)
    6915
    Amen (Received)
    7169
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Someone who demeans subservient roles is unfit to be a leader, period. She doesn't have even the slightest understanding of what leadership is or what it entails. She's a child who's angry because Daddy won't buy her all the candy she wants.
    I thought it was mom's role to grocery shop?


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •