Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Your Views on Patriarchy

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Views on Patriarchy

How does the Patriarchy make you feel?

Me? I think it's alright. I asked my wife the other day what she thought, while she was making me a sandwich and getting me a beer, and she agreed.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Patriarchy is the biblical way. I don't think that women can never be leaders, but Wildflower needn't worry about her gender, she obv has no leadership skills either way.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Mansplain.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        Patriarchy is the biblical way. I don't think that women can never be leaders, but Wildflower needn't worry about her gender, she obv has no leadership skills either way.
        I disagree. I think she is pretty well spoken and passionate on the subject - both leadership qualities. But as far as Patriarchy goes, there's societal patriarchy and there's familial patriarchy. It's important to not confuse the two.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

If any of the tweb females read this thread and feel their toes have been stepped on, I apologize.

But I do have to point out that I wouldn't have stepped on your toes if you'd been in the kitchen. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            If any of the tweb females read this thread and feel their toes have been stepped on, I apologize.

But I do have to point out that I wouldn't have stepped on your toes if you'd been in the kitchen. Just saying.
            Exactly. Sandwiches don't make themselves!
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

To me the word feels like a bludgeon and a secret society.
              People want to shut you up accuse them of being patriarchal.
              You point out the fact that men and women were made different by design and people think you are some kind of bigot.
              Women are awesome but they have different attributes than men.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                To me the word feels like a bludgeon and a secret society.
                People want to shut you up accuse them of being patriarchal.
                You point out the fact that men and women were made different by design and people think you are some kind of bigot.
                Women are awesome but they have different attributes than men.
                And you should see them with an iron!
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  I disagree. I think she is pretty well spoken and passionate on the subject - both leadership qualities. But as far as Patriarchy goes, there's societal patriarchy and there's familial patriarchy. It's important to not confuse the two.
                  Someone who demeans subservient roles is unfit to be a leader, period. She doesn't have even the slightest understanding of what leadership is or what it entails. She's a child who's angry because Daddy won't buy her all the candy she wants.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    Someone who demeans subservient roles is unfit to be a leader, period. She doesn't have even the slightest understanding of what leadership is or what it entails. She's a child who's angry because Daddy won't buy her all the candy she wants.
                    I thought it was mom's role to grocery shop?
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      I thought it was mom's role to grocery shop?
                      like wimmin can carry all those groceries

Comment

Another thing.
                        If that wage gap thing was real and patriarchy as a secret society is real then that means that men everywhere are foregoing massive profits working there and are surrounding themselves with other men just because.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                          Another thing.
                          If that wage gap thing was real and patriarchy as a secret society is real then that means that men everywhere are foregoing massive profits working there and are surrounding themselves with other men just because.
                          The gender wage gap, simplified: a bunch of greedy, straight male business owners pay extra to surround themselves with dudes. Because patriarchy, that's why.

Comment

As Christians we are all to be subservient and submit to God and each other.

Comment

wage-gap-gender-gap-300x225.jpg
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X