Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Your Views on Patriarchy

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any husband knows he automatically has two titles around the house.

He who takes out the trash is the first.

The second is official bug-killer.

Comment

As for Adam and Eve, when Adam sees Eve he says "This is bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh. She shall be called woman because she was taken out of man."

Now I have talked to some serious Hebrew scholars and such about this, and I have been told that a direct English equivalent of what Adam said is "YOWZA!"

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
        As for Adam and Eve, when Adam sees Eve he says "This is bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh. She shall be called woman because she was taken out of man."

Now I have talked to some serious Hebrew scholars and such about this, and I have been told that a direct English equivalent of what Adam said is "YOWZA!"
        And then Eve told him to take out the trash, kill the spider and give her a foot rub.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          And then Eve told him to take out the trash, kill the spider and give her a foot rub.
          And then a snake showed up and asked her to eat an apple.
          Then Adam ate the apple knowing full well it was wrong.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
            And then a snake showed up and asked her to eat an apple.
            Then Adam ate the apple knowing full well it was wrong.
            He just did it because Eve made him. He was hen-pecked. and of course, Eve blamed the snake.

Comment

God made Adam and told him to go make love to his wife and continue the human race. Adam asked where she was.

God: Go and follow the river....
              Adam: What's a river?

God explained what a river was.

God: Then go through the forest.
              Adam: What's a forest?

God explained what a forest was.

God: And then go over the mountain.
              Adam: What's a mountain?

God explained what a mountain was. With that Adam was on his way. A few days later he returned.

God: How did it go?
              Adam: What's a headache?

Comment

I imagine that Adam has heard all of these jokes and such by now.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                  I imagine that Adam has heard all of these jokes and such by now.
                  Protip: jokes is common way for people to take on sensitive, sensitive topics!

Not my style, of course!!!
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Come to bed at night with a glass of water and an excedrin for your wife.

Her: What's this for?
                    You: For your headache.
                    Her: I don't have a headache.
                    You: Excellent!

Comment

Because libtardedness must be answered:

Originally posted by Wildflower View Post
                      And, again, the point is...how do you as a woman deal with this belief of a sexist God and the identity He gave you as an inferior person who is ontologically deficient to make a "final decision" or who cannot ideally function as a female without male leadership in church and home? How do you deal with the inherently female need you supposedly have to need a male to be your "king and priest", your built-in spiritual guide, your authoritative "head"? How do you feel about God purposefully designing you to be deficient in these things, as if God Himself is not enough of those things for you?
                      And he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest on me.

But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, has God chosen, yes, and things which are not, to bring to nothing things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence

It's not about ego of yours or feelings of yours or ' why is status of mine lower ', libtard!!!
                      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        Serious question:

Does complementarianism/patriarchy necessitate that women be inferior?
                        They commonly staunchly affirm that men and women are equal in humanity and equal in value before God, but that their "roles" are different. It just so happens that the difference in "roles" is such that an adult male must always be in the place of highest authority in the home or church. So the reasonable inference is that compared to men, women must always be inferior in regard to whatever qualities suit one for leadership.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          They commonly staunchly affirm that men and women are equal in humanity and equal in value before God, but that their "roles" are different. It just so happens that the difference in "roles" is such that an adult male must always be in the place of highest authority in the home or church. So the reasonable inference is that compared to men, women must always be inferior in regard to whatever qualities suit one for leadership.
                          It just so happens that "egalitarians" are the ones who think authority = superior and project this on all complementarians. It's the sin of Pride at work. Once you think you are equal to your "better" it's only a matter of time before you start thinking you are equal to God. Ultimately, egalitarianism is the same sin that got Satan thrown out of heaven.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                            I don't see how it's any different than the functional subordination within the Trinity.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                              I don't see how it's any different than the functional subordination within the Trinity.
                              That is the orthodox view. Anyone who goes with essential subordination has crossed the line into heresy. (And that's the heart of an intense theological dispute in recent years touching on this issue.)
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

And, to contrast the complementarian and egalitarian models, in the complementarian model, the male gets the supposedly needed "tie-breaking" decision based on gender alone.
                                The problem with egalitarians is that like with all other leftist thought the egalitarian keeps projecting basic assumptions on a completely different system. In this case the egalitarian starts from assigning equal, hollow value to both sexes and then distributing traits (and complaining about how complementarians distribute them). When in practice Adam was created first and specifically made as steward to creation. Woman was subsequently created, not to order Adam around but so that he could have a helper.

Whereas in the egalitarian model, preference is given based on either whoever feels the most passionate or whoever has the most knowledge concerning the particular issue, or whoever is the one most gifted, etc.
                                The egalitarian model seems to assume that both men and women exist for no purpose other than to pursue whatever crosses their minds at any given time rather than to fulfill God's purposes. So from this atheistic perspective egalitarianism sounds like a swell idea. Of course, in actual practice the egalitarian model seems to have mostly resulted in self destructive behavior at the civilization level on the part of both sexes. If women should be able to do whatever they feel like, then so should men. So both are increasingly abdicating their responsibilities, down to even something as basic as reproduction.

These decisions are based on gender mutuality in an egalitarian marriage instead of one gender being superior to another holding the "tie-breaking" vote in a complementarian marriage.
                                Once again the idea that authority = superiority shows up without justification.
                                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X