Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Eye Control for Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Control for Windows 10

In the Windows Insider newsletter I got today, I found out that the developers at Microsoft have been working on a way for users to be able to control the mouse cursor using only their eye movement. It's still in beta status, and may or may not be included in the next Windows 10 build, but I can see it as being really handy for those without the use of their arms or hands.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/acc...ody_EyeControl
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

If it works really well I can see this being useful for certain games I play.

Comment

That would be totally cool.

Get voice recognition to where it can punctuate and who needs a mouse or keyboard?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
        In the Windows Insider newsletter I got today, I found out that the developers at Microsoft have been working on a way for users to be able to control the mouse cursor using only their eye movement. It's still in beta status, and may or may not be included in the next Windows 10 build, but I can see it as being really handy for those without the use of their arms or hands.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/acc...ody_EyeControl
        Or for Tyrannosaurus Rogue06 with his short arms
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Or for Tyrannosaurus Rogue06 with his short arms
          He solved that problem years ago - his monitor cable is twenty feet long.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I think this all just looks creepy.............

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Hurray, they found better tracking of where people's eyeballs like to look at, to do more targeted ads!!!
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                He solved that problem years ago
                Shoulda stopped there cause I be

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                  If it works really well I can see this being useful for certain games I play.
                  First thing I thought about was first person shooters like CS:GO.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    I think this all just looks creepy.............

Just wait till they get mind reading working.

============================
                    Voice-recognition technology can be useful for dictating text when you have no way of typing. But computers could soon be able to decode your thoughts into actual speech or written words, without you even saying a word

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz4s5ZSLKIA
                    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

====
                    Facebook is developing a way to read your mind

Dugan says Facebook’s goal is to create technology that could autonomously type 100 words per minute based on a person’s thoughts “in a few years.”

The goal is to “one day become a speech prosthetic for people with communication disorders or a new means for input to AR,” she wrote on her Facebook page. “Even something as simple as a ‘yes/no’ brain click or a ‘brain mouse’ would be transformative.”
                    https://www.recode.net/2017/4/19/153...an-building-f8

That's all we need, facebook to shoot ads at you based on reading your mind. Look she's hungry!! Here's an ad for pizza!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                      First thing I thought about was first person shooters like CS:GO.
                      I was thinking Paladins Champions of the Realm, which is also a fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Just wait till they get mind reading working.

============================
                        Voice-recognition technology can be useful for dictating text when you have no way of typing. But computers could soon be able to decode your thoughts into actual speech or written words, without you even saying a word

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz4s5ZSLKIA
                        Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

====
                        Facebook is developing a way to read your mind

Dugan says Facebook’s goal is to create technology that could autonomously type 100 words per minute based on a person’s thoughts “in a few years.”

The goal is to “one day become a speech prosthetic for people with communication disorders or a new means for input to AR,” she wrote on her Facebook page. “Even something as simple as a ‘yes/no’ brain click or a ‘brain mouse’ would be transformative.”
                        https://www.recode.net/2017/4/19/153...an-building-f8

That's all we need, facebook to shoot ads at you based on reading your mind. Look she's hungry!! Here's an ad for pizza!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

did someone say eye control? eye-of-a-hurricane.jpg
                          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment