Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary asks billion dollar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    not all voters.

NY is essentially a one party state because the Republicans stopped trying to compete.
    I wouldn't go that far. New York Democrats do dramatically outnumber New York Republicans when it comes to the federal House of Representatives (only about a third are Republicans), and the Democrats also have strong control of the State Assembly house (only a little more than a quarter are Republicans), but much to my surprise, there were actually more Republicans in the State Senate than there were Democrats.

A better example of a one party state would be Hawaii, where Democrats make up 100% of the State Senate and 90% of the State House.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
      I wouldn't go that far. New York Democrats do dramatically outnumber New York Republicans when it comes to the federal House of Representatives (only about a third are Republicans), and the Democrats also have strong control of the State Assembly house (only a little more than a quarter are Republicans), but much to my surprise, there were actually more Republicans in the State Senate than there were Democrats.

A better example of a one party state would be Hawaii, where Democrats make up 100% of the State Senate and 90% of the State House.
      Oh, you must mean the herd of RHINOs that are allowed to roam to give the appearance of an opposition party.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
        not all voters.

NY is essentially a one party state because the Republicans stopped trying to compete.
        Isn't the conservative vote split up between several parties?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          She's blamed Sanders.

She's blamed Obama.

She's blamed Biden.

She's even blamed the country of Macedonia.

Anyone and everyone else is at fault except her.
          Hillary reminds me of someone...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment