Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Sexism and Abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexism and Abortion

Why do certain people claim that pro-life people are being sexist? I can claim that abortion is sexist due to assuming that women are incapable of saying no to irresponsible choices. Yes, tthere are some tragic circumstances where the woman is a victim, but there is no need to violate her a second time to murder her baby! And I'm tired of abortion advocates acting like the woman's life will be over if her baby does not die. So much for all the charities out there that will help in crises pregnancies.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Ending abortion would save millions of female lives. Case closed.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      Why do certain people claim that pro-life people are being sexist? I can claim that abortion is sexist due to assuming that women are incapable of saying no to irresponsible choices. Yes, tthere are some tragic circumstances where the woman is a victim, but there is no need to violate her a second time to murder her baby! And I'm tired of abortion advocates acting like the woman's life will be over if her baby does not die. So much for all the charities out there that will help in crises pregnancies.
      In your case they are correct. For example you think "they" are violating her a second time when in fact she is the only one who can legally have an abortion.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        In your case they are correct. For example you think "they" are violating her a second time when in fact she is the only one who can legally have an abortion.
        I'm saying that it would not actually help a rape victim to have stuff put in her to kill her baby.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          In a sense they are violating her by brainwashing her.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

There are countries where abortion is used to perpetrate extreme sexism against women. If a family learns that their unborn child is female, or if they have a newborn who turns out to be female, they will kill her rather than endure the shame of having a daughter.
            Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

All of the women I know well are pro-life (wife, sisters, mom, in-laws, sisters-in-law, church friends). Either:

1. they have all internalized misogyny (thanks, Patriarchy!), and help perpetuate oppression of women through their ill-conceived and sexist opposition to abortion, or
              2. being pro-life isn't sexist.

Put like that, I can totally see why "pro-life" = "anti-women."
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X