Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rush Limbaugh: Hurricanes are a liberal conspiracy for promoting climate change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    how fat were these dinosaurs if they had to wear girdles?

Whales are mammals.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• I really didn't want to derail this into a discussion about the reliability (or the lack of) of YEC sources yet nevertheless I'm interested in what MM thinks about post #267

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Whales are mammals.
        Ah Whale blubber. no wonder they needed girdles.

Comment

Ah Whale blubber. no wonder they needed girdles.
          Now you understand

Figured a pirate would eventually figure it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            See my above post. Sarfati's original article that rogue references was published in 1994 and accurately depicted the incompleteness of the skeleton at that time.
            Bovine Faeces. Sarfati wrote Refuting Evolution in 1999 based on an article by Don Batten from April 1994, which itself post-dated the January 1994publication of Thewisson's paper about the fossil dug up in 1992 and 1993. Pictures of the vertebrae and pelvis were available before Batten's article came out and five years before Sarfati's book was published.
            Creation.com, at the very least, has responded to new developments (their last addendum was in 2012), so for rogue to pretend that Sarfati's original 1994 article represents the current opinion of creationists is inaccurate at best and dishonest at worst.
            Their 2012 addendum finally adds the image that was available but not included in their 2002 addendum, their 1999 addendum or their original article.

Since you're referring to it, why don't you know the original was by Don Batten, not Jon Sarfati?

P.S.: for Adrift, here's Thewissen examining the bones on a lab table.
            Dr-thewissen.jpg
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Don Batten is possibly among the worst of the lot. His attempt at refuting the evidence provided by dendrochronology was so bad that even YECs started criticizing it resulting it being yanked and replaced by an article by another author.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                P.S.: for Adrift, here's Thewissen examining the bones on a lab table.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]24089[/ATTACH]
                Awesome! Thank you. So much cooler looking than a drawing or fossil remains on a blue background.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                  Awesome! Thank you. So much cooler looking than a drawing or fossil remains on a blue background.

I'll definitely be adding that one in the future.

Comment

I really didn't want to derail this into a discussion about the reliability (or the lack of) of YEC sources yet nevertheless I'm interested in what MM thinks about post #267
                    The thread was derailed long long ago. with the false news that is the basis for the thread. Changing the subject to avoid the misinformation that was the basis for the thread is a classic response for those who do not have a constructive response.

Originally posted by Darth Executor
                    Nowhere does he claim hurricanes are a liberal conspiracy. He does claim (accurately) that liberals will use the hurricane as "proof" of global warming.
                    Actually I would need some references that would back up this claim that liberals claim any thing as such is 'proven.' Who are they referring to that makes these claims of proof? Is it scientists who they are saying makes this claim? Because in reality scientists do not make these claims of 'proof.' Is it loosey goosey third hand journalism? Please cite sources.

The reality is by the present evidence scientists believe that the evidence indicates that this no evidence, at present that the frequency and intensity of Atlantic hurricanes nor East Pacific cyclones increase through the influence of global warming.

The scientific evidence, at present, the evidence supports that the frequency and intensity of tropical cyclones in the West Pacific and Indian Ocean possibly increase, but at present this is inconclusive, and scientists make no claim that there is proof of anything either way. In the past some scientists Warming seas cause stronger hurricanes, [Mega-storms are set to increase as the climate hots up. Michael Hopkin believed warmer seas generate stronger but fewer hurricanes (2006)], but recent research this case 'only possibly' holds in the West Pacific nor the Indian Ocean tropical cyclones. Even scientists that proposed this in the past never claimed there was any 'proof.'

Yes over recent years different scientist have proposed different thesis concerning the relationship, but as more data is collected their predictive models improve concerning this relationship.

Again can you cite that someone is making this claim of 'proof' at present? This is important, because scientists do not believe anything can be 'proven' by scientific evidence, and acknowledge that it is an open question concerning the relationship.

Again
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Neil Dumbass Tyson is an astrophysicist. He's as qualified to speak about the earth's climate as Dawkins is to speak about theology.
                      Tyson is speaking more about scientific methodology... which he is well qualified to do...than climate change as such. Although he believes the scientific consensus to be correct in this instance. He said he has no patience for those who, as he put it, "cherry pick" scientific studies according to their belief system”, which is what you do.

He went on: "It requires a whole system of people's research all leaning in the same direction, all pointing to the same consequences," he added. "That's what we have with climate change, as induced by human conduct."

Why do you dispute the scientific consensus, especially when the consequences are so dire if correct?
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Neil Dumbass Tyson is an astrophysicist. He's as qualified to speak about the earth's climate as Dawkins is to speak about theology.
                        He's a pretty good expert on making things up to try to make consertives look stupid too. Sounds like the person Tazzy would uncritically trust, as long as he whispers what Tazzy wants to hear that is.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          He's a pretty good expert on making things up to try to make consertives look stupid too. Sounds like the person Tazzy would uncritically trust, as long as he whispers what Tazzy wants to hear that is.
                          He's pretty good when he sticks to his area of expertise but he wants to portray himself as some sort of polymath and that leads him into making some stupid statements. His whole take concerning Giordano Bruno in Cosmos was almost painful to watch. He wanted to make Christians look ignorant but only succeeded in making himself look that way.

Comment

He's pretty good when he sticks to his area of expertise but he wants to portray himself as some sort of polymath and that leads him into making some stupid statements. His whole take concerning Giordano Bruno in Cosmos was almost painful to watch. He wanted to make Christians look ignorant but only succeeded in making himself look that way.
                            I pretty much can't stand any of the current crop of celebrity scientists that the Discovery and Science channel trot out on every single one of their shows. About the only one I like is Phil Plait. I know him through being a member of his old Bad Astronomy forum many years ago before he became "famous" - he seems to be a pretty nice guy and doesn't speak beyond what he knows. One that I particularly don't like is Michio Kaku. The arrogance of that guy really irks me. He is as bad as Tyson.

Comment

I pretty much can't stand any of the current crop of celebrity scientists that the Discovery and Science channel trot out on every single one of their shows. About the only one I like is Phil Plait. I know him through being a member of his old Bad Astronomy forum many years ago before he became "famous" - he seems to be a pretty nice guy and doesn't speak beyond what he knows. One that I particularly don't like is Michio Kaku. The arrogance of that guy really irks me. He is as bad as Tyson.
                              He doesn't seem to put his foot in his mouth as often as Tyson does. Nor does he appear to want to mock religious people as Tyson does.

Comment

He doesn't seem to put his foot in his mouth as often as Tyson does. Nor does he appear to want to mock religious people as Tyson does.
                                Kaku? true. But he just pontificates with so much arrogance. It really makes me want to gag. He is supposed to be a science "spokesperson" which you would think would entail making people actually like you and think of you as friendly, not some arrogant stuck up twit.

Comment