Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rush Limbaugh: Hurricanes are a liberal conspiracy for promoting climate change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    There’s a certain irony in hurricane Irma hitting President Donald Trump's $28 million compound on St Martin Wednesday afternoon. And now it’s set to head towards Florida where it is forecast to hit Mar-a-Lago, on Sunday morning. One wonders whether he might rethink his stance on climate change given these catastrophes and their direct impact on him personally.
    lol like clockwork Tassman shows up to humiliate Starlight by doing exactly what Rush said he would.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      I'm slightly baffled though as to what Limbaugh thinks the liberals 'win' if we are successfully able to promote our climate change agenda...? As if taking action to achieve our goal of the sea levels not rising and flooding coastal cities, and billions of people in the Middle East and Africa and Asia not having to flee their countries due to excessive heat and move to other countries like ours, is somehow a political win for liberals over conservatives?!
      It is not so much the problem of what the liberals win, but disgust at the greedy way the promoters try to profit from the fear they promote.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        That's not the smell I'm thinking of...
        More like sulphur?
        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          It is not so much the problem of what the liberals win, but disgust at the greedy way the promoters try to profit from the fear they promote.
          Like after one of the recent mass shootings, one of our US Senators sent out a fund raising letter the next day!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
            Could it be both?
            No, Starlight's pretty smart - he just has debilitatingly large blind spots.

My first thought upon seeing the headline was, "Oh, this is going to be good."
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

That's not the smell I'm thinking of...
              True. Smells like whatever he had to smoke to reach that conclusion also seems to be quite strong too.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It's more than that. Algore's prediction was because of global warming, we would see more frequent and more severe hurricanes. That prediction naturally fell flat on its face -- hurricanes have not been any more frequent or any more severe than the historical average -- but that hasn't stopped liberals from getting as much mileage out of every hurricane that they possibly can.
                True. Several historical hurricane seasons have been pretty bad too. The hurricane season of 1780 had several powerful storms with one powerful hurricane that killed over 20,000 people. We don't know how powerful that storm was, but historical accounts hint that it was as powerful as Irma and possibility even stronger.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

How about linking to Rush's transcript instead of an agenda-driven YouTube video that takes things out of context?

Here's the full transcript on Rush's website:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...ne-irma-panic/

Of course Rush never said that hurricanes are a product of liberal conspiracies. What he did say is that the manner in which hurricanes are covered by the media, and the way liberals feed into and capitalize on the panic is driven by their desire to use anything they can to promote their climate change scam, and he's 100% right about that.
                  You ignorant fool. Global warming is no more in doubt than Darwinian Evolution is in doubt. "Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position."

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

You ignorant fool. Global warming is no more in doubt than Darwinian Evolution is in doubt. "Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position."

My problem is not with global warming (what ever you choose to call it) but with the greed of guys like Gore who are only interested in making money off the idea, and making others sacrifice without being willing to give up anything themselves. If you are not against that nasty profiteering then you are the ignorant fool.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Of course Starlight forgot that Rush Limbaugh is actually Satire.
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        True. Several historical hurricane seasons have been pretty bad too. The hurricane season of 1780 had several powerful storms with one powerful hurricane that killed over 20,000 people. We don't know how powerful that storm was, but historical accounts hint that it was as powerful as Irma and possibility even stronger.
                        The Gavelston storm of 1912 was strong, and the Labor day hurricane of 1935 was actually stronger than Irma wind wise then there was Hurricane Allan which never struck land but recorded winds were 190 and pressure was 182 mb of mercury. Camille struck Louisiana with wind estimates at 175 mph, and Hazel struck with winds at 154 mph and destroyed Charleston and much of NC including Monroe, Charlotte, and Raleigh. I've lived through hurricane seasons with 3-4 active storms in the atlantic. two struck the NC coast one went right through my home town and was just as devastating as Hazel. Been through Hugo (well the outer edges) TS Alberto, and plenty of others. If you want to know what happened with Harvey and why it stalled? We had a ridge of high pressure over the midwest which isn't unusual at all for September and Harvey got stuck churning in the Gulf. The midwest has such unpredictable weather, that it tends to control a lot of what happens in the gulf. Since the ridge is still sitting over us, Katia is going to take aim at mexico instead of turning north. It feels like a nice spring like weather here, but at the same time it takes control. Now it reminds of the weather when I first moved here so I wouldn't be shocked if our winter is really cold and snowy given the dry air in the pacific, the La nina pattern in the Bay of Biscayne, the pacific trade winds and the cool moist air in canada. This is primarily the US weather. It would be of interest to see European patterns as well as Asia, the Himalayas and the subcontinent of India. However the Equator seems to remain the same.
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          My problem is not with global warming (what ever you choose to call it) but with the greed of guys like Gore who are only interested in making money off the idea, and making others sacrifice without being willing to give up anything themselves. If you are not against that nasty profiteering then you are the ignorant fool.
                          Even if Al Gore was profiteering off climate change, and I see no reason to think he is, it doesn’t alter the reality of it. "Observations throughout the world make it clear that climate change is occurring, and rigorous scientific research demonstrates that the greenhouse gases emitted by human activities are the primary driver."

The evidence is that the current spate of unusually violent hurricanes, notably Hurricane Irma’s epic size, are being fuelled by global warming.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...lobal-warming/
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post

Oh my goodness, you're still falling for the "97% consensus" lie, and you call me an ignorant fool? Let me pause for a moment to soberly consider the irony...

Hahaha!

There were so many smoke and mirrors used in that survey to reach a 97% consensus that the fellow who put it together, John Cook, should have worn a top hat and waved a magic wand while conducting his "research".

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexeps.../#7025a6a23f9f

Besides, science is settled by the facts and not by consensus. 97% of scientists could agree that the earth is flat, but they'd still be wrong because the facts are against them. Of course an ignorant fool like you would swallow it all without a second thought and mock me for being a "flat-earth denier".

As for Darwinian evolution, the next time someone tells you it's "settled science", you'd better check for your wallet, because he's conning you. Even from a strictly scientific perspective, there's good reason to question many of the basic assumptions needed for Darwinian evolution to be true.

https://creation.com/young-universe-evidence

I'm not going to get into a long, drawn out debate on this because I think the above source speaks well enough for itself.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              Nowhere does he claim hurricanes are a liberal conspiracy. He does claim (accurately) that liberals will use the hurricane as "proof" of global warming.
                              Fortunately it is conservatives that most often use the 'proof' canard to justify their agenda.

Hurricanes alone have never been attributed as the product of 'Global Warming.'
                              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

The evidence is that the current spate of unusually violent hurricanes, notably Hurricane Irma’s epic size, are being fuelled by global warming.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...lobal-warming/
                                The way you uncritically swallow this stuff is hilarious. First of all, Irma is not the most powerful storm ever. There have been far stronger storms in the past. The only thing anomalous about Irma is that it formed further to the south than what is typical, but so what?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/09/...ded-part-deux/

Weather does what weather does. Does the fact that my region of the US has experienced an unusually cool summer mean anything significant? Not really.

Second, Irma can't be blamed on "global warming" any more than any super storm over the past century can be blamed on "global warming".

"My main point here is simple: Weather is highly variable. There’s a great deal of noise in hurricane and flood data, and it is impossible to attribute a single hurricane or a flood to the slight rise in temperature. Yes, warmer ocean temperatures would logically seem to correlate with more or stronger hurricanes, but as shown below, they don’t."
                                https://austrian.economicblogs.org/c...lobal-warming/
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment