Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: John 20:28, My Lord and My God

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unitarian101 View Post
    It is precisely because God could not die for our sins that Jesus is a savior in a different sense than God is. Also, even if we grant (for the sake of argument) that he was a savior "in the same sense" that God is, it would then be that there are two Saviors (albeit in the same sense) , not one Savior.

I don't think this is a good argument, nor even a logical and consistent one.
    No there is one Savior because the Son is God.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    No there is one Savior because the Son is God.
    Well this is illogical. Your reasoning demands two Gods. But the bible says there is only one God. That is another reason why Jesus cannot be a Saviour exactly like the Father is Saviour.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unitarian101 View Post
    Well this is illogical. Your reasoning demands two Gods. But the bible says there is only one God. That is another reason why Jesus cannot be a Saviour exactly like the Father is Saviour.
    The Son is fully God. The Father is fully God. The Holy Spirit is fully God.

There is only one God. Who is revealed in three distinct persons. Not three Gods.

That is what you get when you read the bible and accept what it says instead of trying to wiggle out from what it says.

When I first became a Christian I was doubtful of the Trinity, so I was determined to study it, and read the bible and accept what the bible said. It says that there is only one God and no other. One creator/savior/etc. Then it shows the Father is God and the Creator and so it Jesus (The Son) and so is the Holy Spirit. And we can see that Jesus is not the Father or the Holy Spirit (he prays to the Father and promises to send the Holy Spirit) so if all that is true, then the only conclusion is the Trinity.

That you don't accept it is obvious. I can only urge you to re-read the bible with an open mind.

At this point we just seem to be going in circles.

4. Amen Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Son is fully God. The Father is fully God. The Holy Spirit is fully God.

There is only one God. Who is revealed in three distinct persons. Not three Gods.

That is what you get when you read the bible and accept what it says instead of trying to wiggle out from what it says.

When I first became a Christian I was doubtful of the Trinity, so I was determined to study it, and read the bible and accept what the bible said. It says that there is only one God and no other. One creator/savior/etc. Then it shows the Father is God and the Creator and so it Jesus (The Son) and so is the Holy Spirit. And we can see that Jesus is not the Father or the Holy Spirit (he prays to the Father and promises to send the Holy Spirit) so if all that is true, then the only conclusion is the Trinity.

That you don't accept it is obvious. I can only urge you to re-read the bible with an open mind.

At this point we just seem to be going in circles.
    Claiming "The Son is fully God" and "The Holy Spirit is fully God" is not true because "NO ONE KNOWS that day and that hour not even the angels in heaven nor the Son BUT ONLY THE FATHER" according to Jesus in Matthew 24:36.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    Claiming "The Son is fully God" and "The Holy Spirit is fully God" is not true because "NO ONE KNOWS that day and that hour not even the angels in heaven nor the Son BUT ONLY THE FATHER" according to Jesus in Matthew 24:36.
    Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross (Philippians 2:5-8).

Jesus self-limited himself in order to be human. Part of that was limiting his knowledge in certain areas such as his second coming.

tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross (Philippians 2:5-8).

Jesus self-limited himself in order to be human. Part of that was limiting his knowledge in certain areas such as his second coming.
    Claiming that "Jesus self-limited himself in order to be human" is not true because Jesus made it clear that "NO ONE KNOWS" "BUT ONLY THE FATHER".

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    Claiming that "Jesus self-limited himself in order to be human" is not true because Jesus made it clear that "NO ONE KNOWS" "BUT ONLY THE FATHER".
    So your response is just to ignore scripture and go "nuh-uh!"

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Messiah
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So your response is just to ignore scripture and go "nuh-uh!"

ignore Sparko

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)