Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 295

Thread: John 20:28, My Lord and My God

  1. #271
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,221
    Amen (Given)
    827
    Amen (Received)
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    Jesus said in John 5:30 "I can do nothing by Myself"
    Yes, and the Father does nothing without the Word (John 1:14) who is His Son, John 1:3. Ephseians 3:9, ". . . in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: . . ." Colossians 1:14-18, ". . . In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. . . ."
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  2. #272
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Unorthodox Messiah
    Posts
    311
    Amen (Given)
    1
    Amen (Received)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    Yes, and the Father does nothing without the Word
    Wasn't the father the word, after John 1:1?

    How do you imagine that?

  3. #273
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,221
    Amen (Given)
    827
    Amen (Received)
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Geert van den Bos View Post
    Wasn't the father the word, after John 1:1?

    How do you imagine that?
    I am not sure I am understanding your comment. The Word is identified as the incarnate Son in John 1:14, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  4. #274
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Unorthodox Messiah
    Posts
    311
    Amen (Given)
    1
    Amen (Received)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    I am not sure I am understanding your comment. The Word is identified as the incarnate Son in John 1:14, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
    in John 1:1 it's plainly written that God was the word.

    God is not a man of flesh and blood.

    It says: θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος

    λόγος = word

    a word can be spoken, but then it needs lungs,a throat, palate tongue teeth, lips.

    So
    God was the word as written with letters.

    God is a four-letter name.

    Not a man.

  5. #275
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,221
    Amen (Given)
    827
    Amen (Received)
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Geert van den Bos View Post
    in John 1:1 it's plainly written that God was the word.

    God is not a man of flesh and blood.

    It says: θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος

    λόγος = word

    a word can be spoken, but then it needs lungs,a throat, palate tongue teeth, lips.

    So
    God was the word as written with letters.

    God is a four-letter name.

    Not a man.
    Actually the Word is said to be two things in John 1:1. First it says that the "Word was with God." Then after saying that the Word is someone with God, it say "the Word was God." The Word was not a man then. So you do not seem to be making any good sense here.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  6. #276
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Unorthodox Messiah
    Posts
    311
    Amen (Given)
    1
    Amen (Received)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    Actually the Word is said to be two things in John 1:1. First it says that the "Word was with God." Then after saying that the Word is someone with God, it say "the Word was God." The Word was not a man then. So you do not seem to be making any good sense here.

    In any case it doesn't say that the word was Jesus of Nazaret, and also not that Jesus was God.

  7. #277
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,221
    Amen (Given)
    827
    Amen (Received)
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Geert van den Bos View Post
    In any case it doesn't say that the word was Jesus of Nazaret, and also not that Jesus was God.
    The opining subject was the "Word" who is twice said to be ""with God," John 1:1-2. And yes the Word is idetified as God in that it is stated "the Word was God," and nothing is caused except by the Word who is identifed as being "with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." John 1:2-3.

    Now that "Word" who is both God and "with God" (John 1:1-2) is identified as the one who became the man, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14. And you do not know this is Jesus of Nazareth? John 1:10 also explains, "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, . . ."

    Jesus taught that only God is sinless saying to the young rich man, who addressed Him as good, "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." Mark 10:18. So do you believe Jesus of Nazareth to be a sinner?
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  8. Amen Sparko, Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
  9. #278
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Unorthodox Messiah
    Posts
    311
    Amen (Given)
    1
    Amen (Received)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    The opining subject was the "Word" who is twice said to be ""with God," John 1:1-2.
    the word πρός "pros" is used

    which denotes direction -- "the word was directed towards God"-- which is about the inner meaning, also called mystery.

    not company
    which is denoted by μετά "meta"

    like in Matthew 28:20,
    ἰδοὺ ἐγὼ μεθ' ὑμῶν εἰμι , see I am with you



    All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." John 1:2-3.
    Greek : πάντα δι' αὐτοῦ ἐγένετο, καὶ χωρὶς αὐτοῦ ἐγένετο οὐδὲ ἕν.

    διά = through -- everything happened through the word, and without it not one thing did happen


    Jesus taught that only God is sinless saying to the young rich man, who addressed Him as good, "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." Mark 10:18.
    good = sinless?


    So do you believe Jesus of Nazareth to be a sinner?
    I do not know nothing about Jesus's sins.

    he did eat with sinners.

  10. #279
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Unorthodox Messiah
    Posts
    311
    Amen (Given)
    1
    Amen (Received)
    2
    Compare John 1:3, πάντα δι' αὐτοῦ ἐγένετο, καὶ χωρὶς αὐτοῦ ἐγένετο οὐδὲ ἕν

    with John 1:14, Καὶ ὁ λόγος σὰρξ ἐγένετο

    The word became flesh through the word that was in the beginning directed towards God, etc.

    "And the word became flesh" doesn't mean "And God became man" , etc.

  11. #280
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,221
    Amen (Given)
    827
    Amen (Received)
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Geert van den Bos View Post
    Compare John 1:3, πάντα δι' αὐτοῦ ἐγένετο, καὶ χωρὶς αὐτοῦ ἐγένετο οὐδὲ ἕν

    with John 1:14, Καὶ ὁ λόγος σὰρξ ἐγένετο

    The word became flesh through the word that was in the beginning directed towards God, etc.

    "And the word became flesh" doesn't mean "And God became man" , etc.
    God did not change. How the Word was with God did change.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •