Thread: John 20:28, My Lord and My God

tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So your response is just to ignore scripture and go "nuh-uh!"

I have been quoting scriptures over and over.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    I have been quoting scriptures over and over.
    And when I quoted scripture to you, you claimed it wasn't true and repeated yourself.

tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    And when I quoted scripture to you, you claimed it wasn't true and repeated yourself.
    You claim the Holy Spirit but refuted by Jesus in Mathhew 24:36 that no one knows that hour and that day "BUT ONLY THE FATHER". Had the Holy Spirit been God the Holy Spirit must have known the hour but he did not because it is "ONLY THE FATHER" in Matthew 24:36.

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You claim the Holy Spirit but refuted by Jesus in Mathhew 24:36 that no one knows that hour and that day "BUT ONLY THE FATHER". Had the Holy Spirit been God the Holy Spirit must have known the hour but he did not because it is "ONLY THE FATHER" in Matthew 24:36.
    You are hard of hearing. That Jesus explained, ". . . the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. " (Acts 1:7) Does not change the fact that Jesus was understood to be both Lord (a man) and God (with the Father). 1 Corinthians 8:6. 1 Timothy 2:5. And that Jesus who was sent by the Father (John 17:3) as such is our sole access to God (John 14:6).
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Messiah
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    You are hard of hearing. That Jesus explained, ". . . the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. " (Acts 1:7) Does not change the fact that Jesus was understood to be both Lord (a man) and God (with the Father). 1 Corinthians 8:6. 1 Timothy 2:5. And that Jesus who was sent by the Father (John 17:3) as such is our sole access to God (John 14:6).
    1Corinthinas 8:6,
    ἀλλ' ἡμῖν εἷς θεὸς ὁ πατήρ, ἐξ οὗ τὰ πάντα καὶ ἡμεῖς εἰς αὐτόν,] καὶ εἷς κύριος Ἰησοῦς Χριστός, δι' οὗ τὰ πάντα καὶ ἡμεῖς δι' αὐτοῦ
    yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

1 Timothy 2:5,
    εἷς γὰρ θεός, εἷς καὶ μεσίτης θεοῦ καὶ ἀνθρώπων, ἄνθρωπος Χριστὸς Ἰησοῦς,
    For one God, and one one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

John 17:3,
    αὕτη δέ ἐστιν ἡ αἰώνιος ζωή, ἵνα γινώσκωσιν σὲ τὸν μόνον ἀληθινὸν θεὸν καὶ ὃν ἀπέστειλας Ἰησοῦν Χριστόν
    and this is the eternal life, that they know you the only true God and the one whom you have sent Jesus Christ

tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    The Holy Spirit CANNOT BE God because "ONLY THE FATHER" in Matthew 24:36 knows that hour.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Holy Spirit CANNOT BE God because "ONLY THE FATHER" in Matthew 24:36 knows that hour.
    Where does it say that all the members of the Trinity must be omniscient in this detail?

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geert van den Bos View Post
    1Corinthinas 8:6,
    ἀλλ' ἡμῖν εἷς θεὸς ὁ πατήρ, ἐξ οὗ τὰ πάντα καὶ ἡμεῖς εἰς αὐτόν,] καὶ εἷς κύριος Ἰησοῦς Χριστός, δι' οὗ τὰ πάντα καὶ ἡμεῖς δι' αὐτοῦ
    yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.
    And Lord is another name for God.

1 Timothy 2:5,
    εἷς γὰρ θεός, εἷς καὶ μεσίτης θεοῦ καὶ ἀνθρώπων, ἄνθρωπος Χριστὸς Ἰησοῦς,
    For one God, and one one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
    So Jesus is set apart from all people here.

John 17:3,
    αὕτη δέ ἐστιν ἡ αἰώνιος ζωή, ἵνα γινώσκωσιν σὲ τὸν μόνον ἀληθινὸν θεὸν καὶ ὃν ἀπέστειλας Ἰησοῦν Χριστόν
    and this is the eternal life, that they know you the only true God and the one whom you have sent Jesus Christ
    So knowing Jesus (and the Father) gives eternal life! This could not be said of a mere man.
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Where does it say that all the members of the Trinity must be omniscient in this detail?

Blessings,
    Lee
    The answer is 1 John 3:20 that says "God knows everything"

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Messiah
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    And Lord is another name for God.
    not per se

https://biblehub.com/greek/2962.htm

famous example Psalms 110:1, נְאֻ֚ם יְהֹוָ֨ה לַֽאדֹנִ֗י , "n'um hashem ladoni" --saying of hashem (=the Lord) to my master

LXX Psalms 109:1, ειπεν ο κυριος τω κυριω μου

So Jesus is set apart from all people here.
    But thar doesn't make him God

So knowing Jesus (and the Father) gives eternal life! This could not be said of a mere man.
    Jesus is (said to be) "the firstborn among many brethren" (Romans 8:29); " the firstborn of every creature" (Colossians 1:15); "the firstborn from the dead" (Colossians 1:18)