Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 305

Thread: John 20:28, My Lord and My God

  1. #251
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    440
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So your response is just to ignore scripture and go "nuh-uh!"

    I have been quoting scriptures over and over.

  2. #252
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,645
    Amen (Given)
    5353
    Amen (Received)
    23248
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    I have been quoting scriptures over and over.
    And when I quoted scripture to you, you claimed it wasn't true and repeated yourself.

  3. #253
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    440
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    And when I quoted scripture to you, you claimed it wasn't true and repeated yourself.
    You claim the Holy Spirit but refuted by Jesus in Mathhew 24:36 that no one knows that hour and that day "BUT ONLY THE FATHER". Had the Holy Spirit been God the Holy Spirit must have known the hour but he did not because it is "ONLY THE FATHER" in Matthew 24:36.

  4. #254
    tWebber 37818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,222
    Amen (Given)
    830
    Amen (Received)
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    You claim the Holy Spirit but refuted by Jesus in Mathhew 24:36 that no one knows that hour and that day "BUT ONLY THE FATHER". Had the Holy Spirit been God the Holy Spirit must have known the hour but he did not because it is "ONLY THE FATHER" in Matthew 24:36.
    You are hard of hearing. That Jesus explained, ". . . the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. " (Acts 1:7) Does not change the fact that Jesus was understood to be both Lord (a man) and God (with the Father). 1 Corinthians 8:6. 1 Timothy 2:5. And that Jesus who was sent by the Father (John 17:3) as such is our sole access to God (John 14:6).
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

    . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

  5. #255
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Unorthodox Messiah
    Posts
    311
    Amen (Given)
    1
    Amen (Received)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    You are hard of hearing. That Jesus explained, ". . . the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. " (Acts 1:7) Does not change the fact that Jesus was understood to be both Lord (a man) and God (with the Father). 1 Corinthians 8:6. 1 Timothy 2:5. And that Jesus who was sent by the Father (John 17:3) as such is our sole access to God (John 14:6).
    1Corinthinas 8:6,
    ἀλλ' ἡμῖν εἷς θεὸς ὁ πατήρ, ἐξ οὗ τὰ πάντα καὶ ἡμεῖς εἰς αὐτόν,] καὶ εἷς κύριος Ἰησοῦς Χριστός, δι' οὗ τὰ πάντα καὶ ἡμεῖς δι' αὐτοῦ
    yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.


    1 Timothy 2:5,
    εἷς γὰρ θεός, εἷς καὶ μεσίτης θεοῦ καὶ ἀνθρώπων, ἄνθρωπος Χριστὸς Ἰησοῦς,
    For one God, and one one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

    John 17:3,
    αὕτη δέ ἐστιν ἡ αἰώνιος ζωή, ἵνα γινώσκωσιν σὲ τὸν μόνον ἀληθινὸν θεὸν καὶ ὃν ἀπέστειλας Ἰησοῦν Χριστόν
    and this is the eternal life, that they know you the only true God and the one whom you have sent Jesus Christ

  6. #256
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    440
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    You are hard of hearing. That Jesus explained, ". . . the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. " (Acts 1:7) Does not change the fact that Jesus was understood to be both Lord (a man) and God (with the Father). 1 Corinthians 8:6. 1 Timothy 2:5. And that Jesus who was sent by the Father (John 17:3) as such is our sole access to God (John 14:6).
    The Holy Spirit CANNOT BE God because "ONLY THE FATHER" in Matthew 24:36 knows that hour.

  7. #257
    tWebber lee_merrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,380
    Amen (Given)
    463
    Amen (Received)
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    The Holy Spirit CANNOT BE God because "ONLY THE FATHER" in Matthew 24:36 knows that hour.
    Where does it say that all the members of the Trinity must be omniscient in this detail?

    Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

  8. #258
    tWebber lee_merrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,380
    Amen (Given)
    463
    Amen (Received)
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Geert van den Bos View Post
    1Corinthinas 8:6,
    ἀλλ' ἡμῖν εἷς θεὸς ὁ πατήρ, ἐξ οὗ τὰ πάντα καὶ ἡμεῖς εἰς αὐτόν,] καὶ εἷς κύριος Ἰησοῦς Χριστός, δι' οὗ τὰ πάντα καὶ ἡμεῖς δι' αὐτοῦ
    yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.
    And Lord is another name for God.


    1 Timothy 2:5,
    εἷς γὰρ θεός, εἷς καὶ μεσίτης θεοῦ καὶ ἀνθρώπων, ἄνθρωπος Χριστὸς Ἰησοῦς,
    For one God, and one one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
    So Jesus is set apart from all people here.

    John 17:3,
    αὕτη δέ ἐστιν ἡ αἰώνιος ζωή, ἵνα γινώσκωσιν σὲ τὸν μόνον ἀληθινὸν θεὸν καὶ ὃν ἀπέστειλας Ἰησοῦν Χριστόν
    and this is the eternal life, that they know you the only true God and the one whom you have sent Jesus Christ
    So knowing Jesus (and the Father) gives eternal life! This could not be said of a mere man.
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

  9. #259
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    440
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Where does it say that all the members of the Trinity must be omniscient in this detail?

    Blessings,
    Lee
    The answer is 1 John 3:20 that says "God knows everything"

  10. #260
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Unorthodox Messiah
    Posts
    311
    Amen (Given)
    1
    Amen (Received)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    And Lord is another name for God.
    not per se

    https://biblehub.com/greek/2962.htm

    famous example Psalms 110:1, נְאֻ֚ם יְהֹוָ֨ה לַֽאדֹנִ֗י , "n'um hashem ladoni" --saying of hashem (=the Lord) to my master

    LXX Psalms 109:1, ειπεν ο κυριος τω κυριω μου





    So Jesus is set apart from all people here.
    But thar doesn't make him God


    So knowing Jesus (and the Father) gives eternal life! This could not be said of a mere man.
    Jesus is (said to be) "the firstborn among many brethren" (Romans 8:29); " the firstborn of every creature" (Colossians 1:15); "the firstborn from the dead" (Colossians 1:18)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •