The creator (she) only made one of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    The answer is 1 John 3:20 that says "God knows everything"
    Yes, God in the Trinity knows all things. That is not to say that some detail couldn't be hidden from a member of the Trinity.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geert van den Bos View Post
    not per se

https://biblehub.com/greek/2962.htm

famous example Psalms 110:1, נְאֻ֚ם יְהֹוָ֨ה לַֽאדֹנִ֗י , "n'um hashem ladoni" --saying of hashem (=the Lord) to my master

LXX Psalms 109:1, ειπεν ο κυριος τω κυριω μου
    That kind of proves the point that "κυριος" is another name for God.

But thar doesn't make him God
    But it sets him apart from all people, so Jesus is no mere man.

Jesus is (said to be) "the firstborn among many brethren" (Romans 8:29); " the firstborn of every creature" (Colossians 1:15); "the firstborn from the dead" (Colossians 1:18)
    But this doesn't address the point that knowing Jesus is key to having eternal life! And being firstborn can mean being preeminent, i.e. not referring to birth per se, or birth order.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Messiah
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    That kind of proves the point that "κυριος" is another name for God.

"adon" (used in Psalms 110:1)
    https://biblehub.com/hebrew/113.htm
    אָדוֹן
    husbands (1), Lord (5), lord (172), lord's (9), lords (2), master (91), master's (24), masters (5), owner (1).

https://biblehub.com/greek/2962.htm
    κύριος
    Definition: lord, master
    Usage: lord, master, sir; the Lord.
    properly, a person exercising absolute ownership rights;
    Psalms 110 relates Genesis 14, the war of the four kings against the five, where Abrahm gained victory in favor of the five with help of his 318 trained servants

But it sets him apart from all people, so Jesus is no mere man.
    I am also apart from all people in the sense that I am I and no one else.

But this doesn't address the point that knowing Jesus is key to having eternal life! And being firstborn can mean being preeminent, i.e. not referring to birth per se, or birth order.
    Esau sold his birthright (the right of the firstborn) to Jacob, even on the day that Abraham (the one who gained victory over the four kings) died.

Rashi on Genesis 26:30
    red lentils. And on that day, Abraham died, lest he see Esau, his grandson, falling into bad ways, for that would not be the “good old age” that the Holy One, blessed be He, had promised him. Therefore, the Holy One, blessed be He, shortened his life by five years, for Isaac lived one hundred and eighty years, and this one (Abraham) [lived] one hundred and seventy-five years, and Jacob cooked lentils to feed the mourner (Isaac).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Esau sold his birthright (the right of the firstborn) to Jacob, even on the day that Abraham (the one who gained victory over the four kings) died.
    Yes, so then Jacob became in effect, the firstborn. But this doesn't address the point that knowing Jesus is key to having eternal life!

Blessings,
    Lee

tWebber
    Faith
    Unorthodox Messiah
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Yes, so then Jacob became in effect, the firstborn. But this doesn't address the point that knowing Jesus is key to having eternal life!

Blessings,
    Lee
    It was about whether (scripture states that) Jesus was (creator-)God or not.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It was about whether (scripture states that) Jesus was (creator-)God or not.
    And if knowing him is key to having eternal life, the answer would appear to be yes. And as far as Jesus being creator-God, see John 1:10:

ἐν τῷ κόσμῳ ἦν, καὶ ὁ κόσμος διʼ αὐτοῦ ἐγένετο, καὶ ὁ κόσμος αὐτὸν οὐκ ἔγνω.

Blessings,
    Lee

tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Whatever Jesus was not by himself as Jesus said "The Son do nothing of himself" in John 5:19 but was by God's power because Peter said "Jesus of Nazereth a man approved by signs and wonders God did through him" Acts 2:22

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    Whatever Jesus was not by himself as Jesus said "The Son do nothing of himself" in John 5:19 but was by God's power because Peter said "Jesus of Nazereth a man approved by signs and wonders God did through him" Acts 2:22
    John 1:1-2, ". . . with God."

John 8:13-18, ". . . The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. . . ."
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: Littlejoe

Same Hakeem,

You cannot continue to post anti-Christian views in restricted areas. If you wish to post such challenges, please use one of the appropriate forums like General Theistics or Comparative Religions. You are being assessed 1 point as this is your second infraction. Please pay attention to the rules of each forum you post in.

Thank You.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Sparko; 01-27-2020 at 02:34 PM.