Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Junior's meeting with Russian lawyer: no smoking gun

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Junior's meeting with Russian lawyer: no smoking gun

This is from the Politico with no named sources, so take it with a grain of salt... but then, would they lie about a story that exonerates the Trump administration?

----------

Notes from former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort on a meeting he attended last year with a Russian lobbyist and Donald Trump Jr. are not seen as damaging to the Trump family or campaign officials, according to government officials and others who have looked at the notes.

The Trump Tower meeting has come under scrutiny because Trump Jr. wrote in an email that he agreed to the encounter in order to find “dirt” on Hillary Clinton, and it has since become a focus for special counsel Robert Mueller. Mueller has sought to interview White House officials about the fallout, and the Russian lobbyist has testified in front of a grand jury.

The notes from the meeting do not contain any damaging information about Clinton or references to promises of damaging information about her, nor do they indicate that officials on the campaign were promising favors or seeking them in return for money, the people who’ve seen them said.

According to these people, the notes have been with Senate officials for weeks and have been reviewed by a number of people on Capitol Hill. Also in attendance at the June 2016 meeting in New York were a Russian lawyer, a Russian businessman and other Trump campaign officials, including Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law.

Officials who have reviewed the notes say they are not likely to be independently vital to any case, if at all...

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...-family-242464
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The liberals seem to just pretending this never happened. sweep it under the rug. they will never apologize for accusing Trump of colluding with the Russians.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    The liberals seem to just pretending this never happened. sweep it under the rug.
    That's what they are experts of!!!
    "It's easier to say that it's not our [US Democrats'] fault, but Russians' fault, say that they interfered with the elections... It reminds me of anti-Semitism, when everything is Jews' fault. Someone is a mutt, can't do a thing, but the Jews are to be blamed. But we know where such an attitude leads to, it never ends well"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The liberals seem to just pretending this never happened. sweep it under the rug. they will never apologize for accusing Trump of colluding with the Russians.
    And it's just a coincidence that Politico released this bombshell on a weekend when everybody is distracted by a hurricane.

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Who are 'the liberals' in this conversation? CNN?

I think it would be a wonderful world if all news organisations spent their frontpage, every friday, on the things they were wrong about in the last week. Each commentator doing a similar errata of what they had gone through. Alas, humans are sinful, and therefore vain, and therefore saying "I was wrong" is difficult.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Who are 'the liberals' in this conversation? CNN?

I think it would be a wonderful world if all news organisations spent their frontpage, every friday, on the things they were wrong about in the last week. Each commentator doing a similar errata of what they had gone through. Alas, humans are sinful, and therefore vain, and therefore saying "I was wrong" is difficult.
    That's part of it. The other problem is that people in general are irrational, and if a news organization or commentator gave a list of everything they got wrong in the previous week, it would, ironically, damage rather than enhance their credibility, because then people would start saying, "But you admitted you were wrong about that thing, so you must be wrong about these other things, too!" so I can understand why someone might be reluctant to engage in this practice.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    they will never apologize for accusing Trump of colluding with the Russians.
    Um... of course Trump colluded with the Russians. Duh? If you seriously think he didn't after everything that's been revealed, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Every week further revelations make Mueller's investigation look worse and worse for Trump and his family. At this point I anticipate Trump and half a dozen of his associates being hit with at least a dozen charges each.

Don't confuse the OP article which is specifically about a tiny piece of evidence, for the whole investigation itself. Just because the notes that Manafort made during one particular meeting aren't a smoking gun, it in no way implies there aren't a couple of dozen smoking guns.

8. Amen Tassman amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    By "liberals" you seem to mean everybody who is not you.

The investigation continues so there’s nothing definitive as yet to “sweep under the rug”. But Russian collusion material just keeps surfacing from all directions and evidence of Russia’s efforts to influence the U.S. presidential election is building. Facebook has revealed that Russians are suspected of using fake accounts to buy and circulate divisive ads during the presidential campaign. An investigation by The New York Times, along with new cybersecurity research, reveals some of the mechanisms Russian operators may have used to spread damaging anti-Hillary Clinton messages on social media.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Still no evidence that the President colluded with Russia or did anything illegal to win the election.