Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Junior's meeting with Russian lawyer: no smoking gun

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    To be fair, charges wouldn't normally be filed until after the conclusion of the investigation.
    if they had enough evidence they would charge him. No need to continue the investigation other than to add more charges.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    if they had enough evidence they would charge him. No need to continue the investigation other than to add more charges.
    The liberal narrative is that Mueller is going to find everything he possibly can and then drop charges on Trump all at once.

But you do make a good point: Since liberals are so hot and bothered about impeaching Trump as soon as possible, and since all they need is one solid piece of evidence linking him to a crime to remove him from office, then why haven't they acted already if the evidence against him is as damning as Dimbulb claims?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

3. Amen Sparko, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Are you referring to Breitbarf?
    Nice ad hominem. I'm still waiting for more than picayune evidence against Breitbart; the couple attempts I've seen in the last year to present something substantive were rather underwhelming. Surely you have the intelligence to craft something more substantive than burning straw if it's as dastardly as you allege. Are you trying to make me start using them as a go-to source?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

5. Amen Mountain Man, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The liberal narrative is that Mueller is going to find everything he possibly can and then drop charges on Trump all at once.

But you do make a good point: Since liberals are so hot and bothered about impeaching Trump as soon as possible, and since all they need is one solid piece of evidence linking him to a crime to remove him from office, then why haven't they acted already if the evidence against him is as damning as Dimbulb claims?
    Because Mueller's investigation is not yet completed, as you yourself acknowledge above. But it seems to be gathering apace.
    Last edited by Tassman; 09-13-2017 at 06:32 AM.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I like how you ignored the vast majority of my post which shows that The New York Times is full of crap and that you're a bald-faced hypocrite. Oh, but I'm sure that wasn't your intent.
    So funny!

The New York Times has long been regarded within the industry as a national "newspaper of record" - Encyclopedia Britannica. This as opposed to your biased rag of choice, namely the Alt-Right 'Breitbart'.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    So funny!

The New York Times has long been regarded within the industry as a national "newspaper of record" - Encyclopedia Britannica. This as opposed to your biased rag of choice, namely the Alt-Right 'Breitbart'.
    And how the mighty have fallen. The Times used to have only about one major retraction "scandal" a year which is pretty good for a newspaper but since Trump that rate is now more like once a month. The latest that I can immediately recall was having to correct not one, or even two misquotes of Trump, but five wrt what he said about Charlottesville.

I'm always still in trouble again

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    And how the mighty have fallen. The Times used to have only about one major retraction "scandal" a year which is pretty good for a newspaper but since Trump that rate is now more like once a month. The latest that I can immediately recall was having to correct not one, or even two misquotes of Trump, but five wrt what he said about Charlottesville.
    Where did you get that from, The Daily Caller?

It must be hard keeping track of Trump quotes given his compulsive lying:

"Many Americans have become accustomed to President Trump’s lies. But as regular as they have become, the country should not allow itself to become numb to them. So we have catalogued nearly every outright lie he has told publicly since taking the oath of office. Updated July 21: The president is still lying, so we've added to this list, and provided links to the facts in each case".

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s.html?mcubz=3

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassmoron View Post
    Because Mueller's investigation is not yet completed, as you yourself acknowledge above. But it seems to be gathering apace.
    So where's all this damning evidence you guys keep referring to?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Where did you get that from, The Daily Caller?

It must be hard keeping track of Trump quotes given his compulsive lying:

"Many Americans have become accustomed to President Trump’s lies. But as regular as they have become, the country should not allow itself to become numb to them. So we have catalogued nearly every outright lie he has told publicly since taking the oath of office. Updated July 21: The president is still lying, so we've added to this list, and provided links to the facts in each case".

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s.html?mcubz=3
    oh, how professional of them. Yes, that really proves how unbiased they are, calling figures of speech, generalizations and out of context words, "lies" and then keeping a running total of them. Yep, very unbiased and professional.

12. Amen RumTumTugger, Bill the Cat, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    There's definitely incentive to not bring charges until the investigation is absolutely finished. That way you can lower the chance of bringing a charge only to have to retract it as the investigation continues. There's also the fact that, when you formally charge someone with something, you run the risk of blowing any current investigations.

Whether they have a lot of evidence or haven't found any real evidence, there's little reason to jump the gun on bringing charges. I think the main reason to want to charge someone early is if you're worried they might run off in the meantime and you'd be unable to take them into custody as a result, which seems kinda unlikely in this case.