Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Junior's meeting with Russian lawyer: no smoking gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    So funny!

The New York Times has long been regarded within the industry as a national "newspaper of record" - Encyclopedia Britannica. This as opposed to your biased rag of choice, namely the Alt-Right 'Breitbart'.
    And how the mighty have fallen. The Times used to have only about one major retraction "scandal" a year which is pretty good for a newspaper but since Trump that rate is now more like once a month. The latest that I can immediately recall was having to correct not one, or even two misquotes of Trump, but five wrt what he said about Charlottesville.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      And how the mighty have fallen. The Times used to have only about one major retraction "scandal" a year which is pretty good for a newspaper but since Trump that rate is now more like once a month. The latest that I can immediately recall was having to correct not one, or even two misquotes of Trump, but five wrt what he said about Charlottesville.
      Where did you get that from, The Daily Caller?

It must be hard keeping track of Trump quotes given his compulsive lying:

"Many Americans have become accustomed to President Trump’s lies. But as regular as they have become, the country should not allow itself to become numb to them. So we have catalogued nearly every outright lie he has told publicly since taking the oath of office. Updated July 21: The president is still lying, so we've added to this list, and provided links to the facts in each case".

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...s.html?mcubz=3
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
        Because Mueller's investigation is not yet completed, as you yourself acknowledge above. But it seems to be gathering apace.
        So where's all this damning evidence you guys keep referring to?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Where did you get that from, The Daily Caller?

It must be hard keeping track of Trump quotes given his compulsive lying:

"Many Americans have become accustomed to President Trump’s lies. But as regular as they have become, the country should not allow itself to become numb to them. So we have catalogued nearly every outright lie he has told publicly since taking the oath of office. Updated July 21: The president is still lying, so we've added to this list, and provided links to the facts in each case".

oh, how professional of them. Yes, that really proves how unbiased they are, calling figures of speech, generalizations and out of context words, "lies" and then keeping a running total of them. Yep, very unbiased and professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            if they had enough evidence they would charge him. No need to continue the investigation other than to add more charges.
            There's definitely incentive to not bring charges until the investigation is absolutely finished. That way you can lower the chance of bringing a charge only to have to retract it as the investigation continues. There's also the fact that, when you formally charge someone with something, you run the risk of blowing any current investigations.

Whether they have a lot of evidence or haven't found any real evidence, there's little reason to jump the gun on bringing charges. I think the main reason to want to charge someone early is if you're worried they might run off in the meantime and you'd be unable to take them into custody as a result, which seems kinda unlikely in this case.

Comment

oh, how professional of them. Yes, that really proves how unbiased they are, calling figures of speech, generalizations and out of context words, "lies" and then keeping a running total of them. Yep, very unbiased and professional.
              So Trump's birtherism, which he promoted for years, was just a "figure of speech", "out of context words" and a "generalisation". Gotcha!
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

So Trump's birtherism, which he promoted for years, was just a "figure of speech", "out of context words" and a "generalisation". Gotcha!
                Did you read the list? Most of it is complete nonsense!

“A reporter for Time magazine — and I have been on their cover 14 or 15 times. I think we have the all-time record in the history of Time magazine.” (Trump was on the cover 11 times and Nixon appeared 55 times.)

“You had millions of people that now aren't insured anymore.” (The real number is less than 1 million, according to the Urban Institute.)

“The coverage about me in the @nytimes and the @washingtonpost has been so false and angry that the Times actually apologized to its dwindling subscribers and readers.” (It never apologized.)

----

Others are called lies because they have no evidence. That doesn't make it a lie! It is unconfirmed.

Others are nitpicking about numbers.

The list is a contrivance and a joke.

Comment

How dull of thinking you are. One data point proves that all the rest are also true??
                  ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Yes I read it and I suggest that you re-read it. It is a comprehensive list of Trump lies or, if you prefer Kellyanne Conway's take on his lies: "Alternate facts".

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                      Yes I read it and I suggest that you re-read it. It is a comprehensive list of Trump lies or, if you prefer Kellyanne Conway's take on his lies: "Alternate facts".

A word of warning to anybody reading this list: you're likely to strain something with all the reaching and stretching this opinion piece expects from you.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment