Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Tellung my family I want to go to church.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tellung my family I want to go to church.

So today I told my mom Iplanned on going to church. She was less concerned about me going and being a christian as much as shewas concerned about family members who go to the church I was going to. My brother got rowdy and called it stupid. I must admit it feels good that they accept me as a believer, but it is so easy to start qyarells it is not at all pleasant. My grandfather and I didnt want to cause a ruckuss so we decided to hold off.

I still pray for my family. I am reading my bible. I pray one day that when I do find a permanent place to worship my family may one day join me and see the truth, or just see the truth.

I love you guys. You have been good freinds, mentors, fellows, and mentors.
    sigpic

It's so weird that in this day and age one could be said to "cause a ruckus" for wanting to go to church. Used to be it would "cause a ruckus" not wanting to go to church. Start going and just be faithful, and you'll be surprised the miracles that can come from it as far as how your family responds. Absolutely no one on my mom's side of the family used to go to church, and my father's side had issues with the fact that he was going to a non-Lutheran church for decades. Many many years later, almost all of my parents extended family has been blessed by their faithfulness, have accepted Jesus, have become church goers themselves, and have sought council and wisdom from my parents and the church. God has a way of using people to open all sorts of doors to people who you would never ever guess would ever want anything to do with the Bible or church. He's the God of making the impossible possible.

Keep it up. You're the best, God bless!

Comment

Thank you adrift.
      They know I have been hearing the gospel. They know I am interested in defending my faith. I remember when I first told them how they said Constantine made it all up. I spent hours defending the faith.
      I talk to them about Narnia, the screwtape letters, the pilgrims progess, and occassionally saints hoping to inspire them to read the new testament.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        Thank you adrift.
        They know I have been hearing the gospel. They know I am interested in defending my faith. I remember when I first told them how they said Constantine made it all up. I spent hours defending the faith.
        I talk to them about Narnia, the screwtape letters, the pilgrims progess, and occassionally saints hoping to inspire them to read the new testament.
        Sometimes just living the faith, and demonstrating how much it has changed you personally reaches out and touches people in ways that strong arguments simply can't. Just keep praying for them as you're doing, and occasionally invite them to come along. I wouldn't be surprised if one of these days one of them will.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          Sometimes just living the faith, and demonstrating how much it has changed you personally reaches out and touches people in ways that strong arguments simply can't. Just keep praying for them as you're doing, and occasionally invite them to come along. I wouldn't be surprised if one of these days one of them will.
          I have no doubt they might one day.
          I still need to get baptized at some point.
          I think I need to get a job. I definitely need to get my drivers license.

I remember that Lee strobels wife praid for him, that Augustines mother prahed for him, and that Tolkeins influence was astronomical with lewis. I may be slowly heloing them in ways I can bot see.
          sigpic

Comment

Keep being a good example and praying for them. My aunt mocked me being a Christian for years and I just kept explaining the gospel to her and praying. I thought she would never come around but she did. She is now a Christian, and I was not the one to convince her, since I moved away many years ago. But I have no doubt my prayers helped and my example. Even when you think nobody is listening, remember that God is. So keep praying. and many times people fight the hardest before giving in to the Holy Spirit.

Comment