• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    We love you, tzu-py.

So glad you are (relatively) unscathed.

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Glad to see you're still kicking, jerk.
    Considering the glass splinters I've been digging out of my hands today, kicking seems advisable.

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    You're upset that the innkeeper is gunning for your title aren't you?

Glad to hear everyone is okay!
    I'm okay with others beating me out on being a jerk, but innkeepers should never assume they've got me outgunned.

Thanks, C.

Internet connections are spotty at present, which isn't keeping me from posting as much as the need to clear debris.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, everyone.

Comment

Be careful with any puncture in the skin, tao. This is a prime time for infections.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Take care and come back more often. Don't wait for a calamity.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          Take care and come back more often. Don't wait for a calamity.

You don't want to give mossy the idea that she needs to pull out The PIN™ to get you back here.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Glad to hear that you made albeit a bit worse for the wear. You were in my prayers.
            On FB, I actually asked for prayers before the storm, but only if they were facing Irma, and delivered in a big, bad wolf style.

Math is still of da debil.
            And useful for baking.

Comment

Glad you are ok Jesse. You heard from Crow?
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                She's been posting on facebook. She isn't in florida as far as I know.

Comment

We're in regular touch, and thanks.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  She's been posting on facebook. She isn't in florida as far as I know.
                  Yeah, she's on FB some, mostly posting about her critters.

Like the last time I got hit down here, she's offered to send me a care package once I can tell her what I'd like. Last time, she mailed me decent bread. After Katrina, if it wasn't white bread, it wasn't in the stores for a month or so. Being Deb, of course she sent me fruit, too, just so she could own the brag about sending oranges to Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                    Being Deb, of course she sent me fruit, too, just so she could own the brag about sending oranges to Florida.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

With rental car acquired, I finally got a chance to check out more of the neighborhood this afternoon. Lots of businesses open, including a Publix a couple miles down the road, but even on the main drag, U.S. 1, between my powered-up motel and the powered-up shopping center that holds the Publix, there's a lot of randomly unpowered businesses.

The IHOP doesn't have power, but the Thai Buffet next door is open. Cici's and the Pizza Hut, negative; Papa Johns, open, including delivery. Walmart opened with generator power, then closed this afternoon when they couldn't keep them running. Checking away from U.S. 1, downed trees and power lines cut me off pretty quickly.

Of course, if it's open, it has horrendous lines.

I'm sharing the motel with a lot of FP&L workers (local power utility), though they're not here much, obviously. Nearly everyone else is trying to get back into the Keys. Some of them are pretty desperate because they left people behind down there and haven't been able to contact them. The causeway is "open" for the first 70 of the 120 miles to Key West, but the norm is no phone, no power, no gas, and boil orders.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                        With rental car acquired, I finally got a chance to check out more of the neighborhood this afternoon. Lots of businesses open, including a Publix a couple miles down the road, but even on the main drag, U.S. 1, between my powered-up motel and the powered-up shopping center that holds the Publix, there's a lot of randomly unpowered businesses.

The IHOP doesn't have power, but the Thai Buffet next door is open. Cici's and the Pizza Hut, negative; Papa Johns, open, including delivery. Walmart opened with generator power, then closed this afternoon when they couldn't keep them running. Checking away from U.S. 1, downed trees and power lines cut me off pretty quickly.

Of course, if it's open, it has horrendous lines.

I'm sharing the motel with a lot of FP&L workers (local power utility), though they're not here much, obviously. Nearly everyone else is trying to get back into the Keys. Some of them are pretty desperate because they left people behind down there and haven't been able to contact them. The causeway is "open" for the first 70 of the 120 miles to Key West, but the norm is no phone, no power, no gas, and boil orders.
                        You left Thirsty locked up in a cage didn't you?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

...on the first floor, with a few rocks piled on top for insurance.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            ...on the first floor, with a few rocks piled on top for insurance.
                            Only because they don't have many basements in Florida.

Comment

He was last seen looting the liquor store...
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

He was last seen looting the liquor store...
                                What a vicious slur.

Poor ol Thirsty was saving the liquor from drowning in the flooding at great risk to his own life. He rescued as much as he could, carrying the bottles in his forelimbs -- and even carried a massive amount in his tummy.

Here the noble critter is. All tuckered out from the ordeal:

Comment