Thread: Checking in after Irma

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Taoist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Checking in after Irma

Baymont Inn and Suites, Florida City, Florida

Safe and secure, a few cuts and bruises, car is hors de combat, but I'm still driving it locally, despite showers of glass coming down from the broken windshield. Trees still down blocking the route, but can get there using creative methods. No running water at home, but roof and walls still up.

Rental car booked starting tomorrow morning, expressways are open, gas is scarce, but I can siphon from my own.

All in all, I'd rather be in Philadelphia.
    There is no lao tzu

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Fantastic to hear your safe lao!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

3. Amen lao tzu, Cerebrum123, Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Glad to hear from you Jesse. We were worrying about you.

5. Amen LostSheep, lao tzu, mossrose amen'd this post.
    radical strawberry
    Faith
    Taoist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm still processing how I want to feel about this, but here goes.

On Saturday night, Baymont Inn and Suites, Florida City, refused space to a disabled veteran because of their no pets policy, despite the storm, the state of emergency, and a request from the governor for inns to put aside those policies. We escalated up to corporate management, but they couldn't make the innkeeper budge either.

The marine was in Beirut in 1983. He hasn't been right since then, and I, along with a lot of others, have been looking after him and his family. I booked the room here to share with them as a bug-out spot, but Kenny couldn't leave the dog behind, and the innkeeper blocked the door when I tried to bring him in.

His wife and kid were allowed; they're back together now. Everyone survived.

I lost the windshield on a trip to get eyes on Kenny during the storm when I had to bull through a tree that fell on me.
    There is no lao tzu

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Taoist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Glad to hear from you Jesse. We were worrying about you.
    Thanks, Sparkly. I promised the piglet I'd check in when I could. Internet came back this morning at the motel. Comcast sent us emails saying how they were going to open up their broadband wi-fi during the storm. Lies, all lies.
    There is no lao tzu

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lao tzu View Post

On Saturday night, Baymont Inn and Suites, Florida City, refused space to a disabled veteran because of their no pets policy, despite the storm, the state of emergency, and a request from the governor for inns to put aside those policies. We escalated up to corporate management, but they couldn't make the innkeeper budge either.

The marine was in Beirut in 1983. He hasn't been right since then, and I, along with a lot of others, have been looking after him and his family. I booked the room here to share with them as a bug-out spot, but Kenny couldn't leave the dog behind, and the innkeeper blocked the door when I tried to bring him in.

I lost the windshield on a trip to get eyes on Kenny during the storm when I had to bull through a tree that fell on me.
    wow. quite an adventure.

sucks about the dog. That was just wrong. I am glad to hear Kenny survived. What happened to his dog? is it OK too?

9. Amen Cerebrum123, LostSheep amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

You're upset that the innkeeper is gunning for your title aren't you?

Glad to hear everyone is okay!
    Safka, you are NOT "unknown", you were loved by many, and you will not be forgotten. I will always remember you Puginator.

11. Amen LostSheep amen'd this post.
    radical strawberry
    Faith
    Taoist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    wow. quite an adventure.

sucks about the dog. That was just wrong. I am glad to hear Kenny survived. What happened to his dog? is it OK too?
    Rocky's good, and so are the turtle and the iguana. Kenny was keeping koi to help keep him sane, but the aeration went out with the power. All of them are gone. We'll replace them.

We had looters on Sunday night. Kenny confronted them. I'll clean it up a bit with asterisks.

Ahould have let the dog run the [***] thieves down......the rock [Rocky] was full blown in protect mode hackled up..foamy drool and squated down....instant 150 pound fur tank...it s been a very long time since i have actually put a Bead on a human beiing and took the creep out of the trigger. The three stooges hauled [***] a few more folks who live here have resurfaced as well and thats cool.
    Best things ix e heard in years
    Stooge 1
    OoooooHE GOT A GUN AND A BIG[***] DOG
    STOOGE 2
    OOOOOO OOOOOO OOO [***] OOO [***]....
    STOOGE 3
    THIS CRAZYCRACKER AINT PLAYIN YA LL
    CRAZYCRACKER..YOUR CHOICE...they hauled [***].

Kenny is a marine. Rocky is a rottweiler.

He says he still had an ounce of pull left on the trigger.
    Last edited by Bill the Cat; 09-12-2017 at 01:32 PM.
    There is no lao tzu

13. Amen LostSheep, One Bad Pig amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We love you, tzu-py.

So glad you are (relatively) unscathed.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

15. Amen LostSheep, lao tzu amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Rocky's good, and so are the turtle and the iguana. Kenny was keeping koi to help keep him sane, but the aeration went out with the power. All of them are gone. We'll replace them.

We had looters on Sunday night. Kenny confronted them. I'll clean it up a bit with asterisks.

Ahould have let the dog run the [***] thieves down......the rock [Rocky] was full blown in protect mode hackled up..foamy drool and squated down....instant 150 pound fur tank...it s been a very long time since i have actually put a Bead on a human beiing and took the creep out of the trigger. The three stooges hauled [***] a few more folks who live here have resurfaced as well and thats cool.
    Best things ix e heard in years
    Stooge 1
    OoooooHE GOT A GUN AND A BIG[***] DOG
    STOOGE 2
    OOOOOO OOOOOO OOO [***] OOO [***]....
    STOOGE 3
    THIS CRAZYCRACKER AINT PLAYIN YA LL
    CRAZYCRACKER..YOUR CHOICE...they hauled [***].

Kenny is a marine. Rocky is a rottweiler.

He says he still had an ounce of pull left on the trigger.
    awesome. They should give any looters life in prison. You can't get any lower in the gutter than to try to steal from people who have just lost everything. shooting is probably too good for them.

17. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.