Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking in after Irma

Baymont Inn and Suites, Florida City, Florida

Safe and secure, a few cuts and bruises, car is hors de combat, but I'm still driving it locally, despite showers of glass coming down from the broken windshield. Trees still down blocking the route, but can get there using creative methods. No running water at home, but roof and walls still up.

Rental car booked starting tomorrow morning, expressways are open, gas is scarce, but I can siphon from my own.

All in all, I'd rather be in Philadelphia.

Fantastic to hear your safe lao!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Glad to hear from you Jesse. We were worrying about you.

Comment

I'm still processing how I want to feel about this, but here goes.

On Saturday night, Baymont Inn and Suites, Florida City, refused space to a disabled veteran because of their no pets policy, despite the storm, the state of emergency, and a request from the governor for inns to put aside those policies. We escalated up to corporate management, but they couldn't make the innkeeper budge either.

The marine was in Beirut in 1983. He hasn't been right since then, and I, along with a lot of others, have been looking after him and his family. I booked the room here to share with them as a bug-out spot, but Kenny couldn't leave the dog behind, and the innkeeper blocked the door when I tried to bring him in.

His wife and kid were allowed; they're back together now. Everyone survived.

I lost the windshield on a trip to get eyes on Kenny during the storm when I had to bull through a tree that fell on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Glad to hear from you Jesse. We were worrying about you.
          Thanks, Sparkly. I promised the piglet I'd check in when I could. Internet came back this morning at the motel. Comcast sent us emails saying how they were going to open up their broadband wi-fi during the storm. Lies, all lies.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post

On Saturday night, Baymont Inn and Suites, Florida City, refused space to a disabled veteran because of their no pets policy, despite the storm, the state of emergency, and a request from the governor for inns to put aside those policies. We escalated up to corporate management, but they couldn't make the innkeeper budge either.

The marine was in Beirut in 1983. He hasn't been right since then, and I, along with a lot of others, have been looking after him and his family. I booked the room here to share with them as a bug-out spot, but Kenny couldn't leave the dog behind, and the innkeeper blocked the door when I tried to bring him in.

I lost the windshield on a trip to get eyes on Kenny during the storm when I had to bull through a tree that fell on me.
            wow. quite an adventure.

sucks about the dog. That was just wrong. I am glad to hear Kenny survived. What happened to his dog? is it OK too?

Comment

You're upset that the innkeeper is gunning for your title aren't you?

Glad to hear everyone is okay!

Comment

wow. quite an adventure.

sucks about the dog. That was just wrong. I am glad to hear Kenny survived. What happened to his dog? is it OK too?
                Rocky's good, and so are the turtle and the iguana. Kenny was keeping koi to help keep him sane, but the aeration went out with the power. All of them are gone. We'll replace them.

We had looters on Sunday night. Kenny confronted them. I'll clean it up a bit with asterisks.
                Ahould have let the dog run the [***] thieves down......the rock [Rocky] was full blown in protect mode hackled up..foamy drool and squated down....instant 150 pound fur tank...it s been a very long time since i have actually put a Bead on a human beiing and took the creep out of the trigger. The three stooges hauled [***] a few more folks who live here have resurfaced as well and thats cool.
                Best things ix e heard in years
                Stooge 1
                OoooooHE GOT A GUN AND A BIG[***] DOG
                STOOGE 2
                OOOOOO OOOOOO OOO [***] OOO [***]....
                STOOGE 3
                THIS CRAZYCRACKER AINT PLAYIN YA LL
                CRAZYCRACKER..YOUR CHOICE...they hauled [***].

Kenny is a marine. Rocky is a rottweiler.

He says he still had an ounce of pull left on the trigger.
                Last edited by Bill the Cat; 09-12-2017, 08:32 AM.

Comment

We love you, tzu-py.

So glad you are (relatively) unscathed.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Rocky's good, and so are the turtle and the iguana. Kenny was keeping koi to help keep him sane, but the aeration went out with the power. All of them are gone. We'll replace them.

We had looters on Sunday night. Kenny confronted them. I'll clean it up a bit with asterisks.
                    Ahould have let the dog run the [***] thieves down......the rock [Rocky] was full blown in protect mode hackled up..foamy drool and squated down....instant 150 pound fur tank...it s been a very long time since i have actually put a Bead on a human beiing and took the creep out of the trigger. The three stooges hauled [***] a few more folks who live here have resurfaced as well and thats cool.
                    Best things ix e heard in years
                    Stooge 1
                    OoooooHE GOT A GUN AND A BIG[***] DOG
                    STOOGE 2
                    OOOOOO OOOOOO OOO [***] OOO [***]....
                    STOOGE 3
                    THIS CRAZYCRACKER AINT PLAYIN YA LL
                    CRAZYCRACKER..YOUR CHOICE...they hauled [***].

Kenny is a marine. Rocky is a rottweiler.

He says he still had an ounce of pull left on the trigger.
                    awesome. They should give any looters life in prison. You can't get any lower in the gutter than to try to steal from people who have just lost everything. shooting is probably too good for them.

Comment

awesome. They should give any looters life in prison. You can't get any lower in the gutter than to try to steal from people who have just lost everything. shooting is probably too good for them.
                      They should have everything taken from them and dumped on a deserted island! Or is that too mean? I still think evil needs to be sealed in an escape-proof can.
                      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Glad to see you're still kicking, jerk.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Baymont Inn and Suites, Florida City, Florida

Safe and secure, a few cuts and bruises, car is hors de combat, but I'm still driving it locally, despite showers of glass coming down from the broken windshield. Trees still down blocking the route, but can get there using creative methods. No running water at home, but roof and walls still up.

Rental car booked starting tomorrow morning, expressways are open, gas is scarce, but I can siphon from my own.

All in all, I'd rather be in Philadelphia.
                          Glad to hear that you made albeit a bit worse for the wear. You were in my prayers.

Math is still of da debil.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Odd, I was told there was a post - Katrina law passed saying that pets must be admitted in times of disasters like this. I'll have to check on that after all...
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                              Odd, I was told there was a post - Katrina law passed saying that pets must be admitted in times of disasters like this. I'll have to check on that after all...
                              State run shelters, only.

Comment