Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Information Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information Technology

I'm going to go see it tomorrow. Hopefully it's as good as everybody's saying.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

This?

220px-I.T._Poster.jpg

It's on netflix.

Comment

I am taking a class on information technology.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        I am taking a class on information technology.
        I work in Information Technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I work in Information Technology.
          How many clowns are in the field, would you say?

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

Comment

A large portion TBH...
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I'm going to go see it tomorrow. Hopefully it's as good as everybody's saying.
                It's good. It's even very good. But it's not nearly as good as the hype built it up to be. There's only a couple of truly creepy horror scenes in the entire film, and the CGI ruins what could have been some very decent scares. Pennywise himself is about the non-scariest element of the film. Also, as someone who was about the age of the kids in the film in the 80s, the era depiction, while close, isn't perfect. But that said, the pacing is great. The acting is well done. And while nothing mindblowing, the script was polished. It's a very decent horror film for the masses, and I felt like I got my money's worth (well, I watched it cheap since I have a Movie Pass subscription). The best thing about it is that with its positive reception we'll likely see more decent budget horror. They just need to stay away from the whole multiverse franchising scheme they've been hinting at with Stephen King's and Universal Monster's material (though the new The Mummy wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be).

Comment

oh THIS movie.

it-teaser-poster.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                    It's good. It's even very good. But it's not nearly as good as the hype built it up to be. There's only a couple of truly creepy horror scenes in the entire film, and the CGI ruins what could have been some very decent scares. Pennywise himself is about the non-scariest element of the film. Also, as someone who was about the age of the kids in the film in the 80s, the era depiction, while close, isn't perfect. But that said, the pacing is great. The acting is well done. And while nothing mindblowing, the script was polished. It's a very decent horror film for the masses, and I felt like I got my money's worth (well, I watched it cheap since I have a Movie Pass subscription). The best thing about it is that with its positive reception we'll likely see more decent budget horror. They just need to stay away from the whole multiverse franchising scheme they've been hinting at with Stephen King's and Universal Monster's material (though the new The Mummy wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be).
                    I liked it. It was surprisingly funny, but also had some surprising scares and imagery.

Comment

I liked it. It was surprisingly funny, but also had some surprising scares and imagery.
                      There's one scene that's very subtle that a lot of people missed that I thought was super creepy. I'd like to see more of that in a sequel. Most of the scares were a bit too tropey for my taste.

Comment

There's one scene that's very subtle that a lot of people missed that I thought was super creepy. I'd like to see more of that in a sequel. Most of the scares were a bit too tropey for my taste.
                        Which one do you mean?

I thought the garage scene was good, and the dancing was freaky.

Comment

Which one do you mean?

I thought the garage scene was good, and the dancing was freaky.
                          So's not to spoil it, I'll type it below in white text:

When the kid is reading about the history of the town, the librarian who helped him can be seen some distance behind him over his shoulder, out of focus, with a mischievous/evil grin on her face and standing at a weird angle. But in a cut that's taken at another angle, the same (presumably real) librarian is seen instead sitting at her desk. It's never referred back to again in the movie. Another equally creepy scene is when the girl is walking into her house and her father is watching the kids show, and as they're talking to one another, you can hear the voices on the TV set are all distorted. That one is less creepy because they later refer back to that program (but I think the voices are no longer distorted).

Comment

So's not to spoil it, I'll type it below in white text:

When the kid is reading about the history of the town, the librarian who helped him can be seen some distance behind him over his shoulder, out of focus, with a mischievous/evil grin on her face and standing at a weird angle. But in a cut that's taken at another angle, the same (presumably real) librarian is seen instead sitting at her desk. It's never referred back to again in the movie. Another equally creepy scene is when the girl is walking into her house and her father is watching the kids show, and as they're talking to one another, you can hear the voices on the TV set are all distorted. That one is less creepy because they later refer back to that program (but I think the voices are no longer distorted).
                            I missed the second one, but I actually caught the first one--kind of (it is subtle; I mostly just noticed something odd about it).

Comment

I missed the second one, but I actually caught the first one--kind of (it is subtle; I mostly just noticed something odd about it).
                              The first one was super creepy and gave me chills as soon as I noticed it. The follow up scene in the basement was pretty cool too.

Comment