Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I Guess Hanging White Children Is OK...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Traditionally, with a few notable exceptions, government is in the hands of the white people...they are the ones who make the rules. And the blacks are the ones who are discriminated against.
    Obama had control of the government for 8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      And most of the large cities where the worst pathologies are and have been run by white or black liberals, in mostly liberal states.
      and some of the worst cities for blacks are actually governed by blacks, like Detroit.

Comment

Traditionally, with a few notable exceptions, government is in the hands of the white people...they are the ones who make the rules. And the blacks are the ones who are discriminated against.
        Tell us again about the indigenous Prime Minister of Australia.

I mean didn't you guys just elect your first aboriginal leader of a provincial government (which is essentially equivalent of a state governor here) a couple years ago? In comparison the first black governor (a Republican btw) here in the U.S. served over a 140 years ago.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
          Like I said, you don't think black people are capable of a civil existence without the benevolence of white people. That's about as racist as it gets.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Tell us again about the indigenous Prime Minister of Australia.

I mean didn't you guys just elect your first aboriginal leader of a provincial government (which is essentially equivalent of a state governor here) a couple years ago? In comparison the first black governor (a Republican btw) here in the U.S. served over a 140 years ago.
            oops!
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              because, if you notice that while complaining about social injustice, racism, and how big the gap is between the 1% and the poor, and how the white people don't care about black lives, wealthy blacks are among the worst offenders against their own people. Instead of actually helping their fellow blacks who are poor, once they get fame and wealth many of these black celebrities (sports stars, rappers, hollywood movie stars) flaunt their wealth wearing gold chains and gold teeth, driving around in sports cars and limousines, snorting cocaine, and living in mansions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24159[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24160[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24161[/ATTACH]
              Obviously you have no self awareness of your own racism which the above posting evinces.

Comment

You are confusing the symptoms with the cause of “gangsta culture". It is the consequence of the ghettoisation common to many blacks, which results in social alienation to the mainstream society and hostility toward it. We see this demonstrated in the refusal to stand for the anthem by several black NFL players protesting against what they (rightly) believe to be social injustice against blacks.
                No I am not confusing anything. We aren't talking about social justice. We are talking about single parent homes in the black community and what is causing fathers to not be there for their children. I've cited the reasons. I've stated that not much is being done. I've also stated why I think it has little to do with being black and much to do with a culture of irresponsibility and lack of desire for black women to marry black men they perceive as "no good".

I agree. And that culture in many cases is the deprived culture of the ghetto.
                But ghettos are not discriminatory in and of themselves. And ghettos do not force anyone to commit a crime.

You are just outlining the problems, not providing solutions. More must be done for the sake of everybody. It’s damaging for the individuals concerned and society at large to simply let it fester.
                Redistribution of wealth simply isn't the answer. In Chicago in the late 90s an initiative called "Moving to Opportunity" was started that showed that breaking up public housing projects decentralized crime, but boys, specifically, who moved to lower poverty neighborhoods actually increased their instances of property crimes.

China has a billion more people than the USA yet half the number of those incarcerated as in the USA.
                Ask Shuny about the private security that roams the streets of China's cities. In major cities like Beijing or Shanghai, the gonganju, the police, and the chengguan can be often seen patrolling. I find many of the responses here to be satisfactory explanations of why China has a low incarceration rate. Why it was used as some sort of a benchmark is beyond me...

As for the “deterrent effect” apparently not. Both the US and China have capital punishment, whereas most countries in the Western word do not...with much, much lower prison populations.
                China is below the world median on incarceration rates. Several of the oft cited European "paradises" are higher than China.

The IHDI is a measure of a country’s average achievements in health, education and income with how those achievements are distributed among country’s population. Whatever you want to call it it seems to work better than the unfettered capitalism of the US.
                Better according to who? Greece failed miserably. Venezuela failed miserably. You can only spend the makers' money on the takers for so long. Then it all collapses on itself. Some take longer, and look fine for a while, but in the end, they all fail.

Representative government as found in the West acts on behalf of what individual citizens should do.
                False. It acts on behalf of what a government should do. Individuals are still responsible for themselves, and none should force another to do anything they don't want to do.

E.g. Jesus said: “Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.” Luke 3.
                Right. An individual Christian should do those things if they are able. But I as a Christian should not have the right to force you as an atheist to give someone else half of your earnings for the week.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Obviously you have no self awareness of your own racism which the above posting evinces.
                  Racism (JimL definition): hearing rich, privledged black people complain that racism holding them back while living a privlidged life that few they accuse as being racist will ever experience and actually noticing this contradiction.
                  Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 09-25-2017, 12:20 AM.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    No I am not confusing anything. We aren't talking about social justice. We are talking about single parent homes in the black community and what is causing fathers to not be there for their children. I've cited the reasons. I've stated that not much is being done. I've also stated why I think it has little to do with being black and much to do with a culture of irresponsibility and lack of desire for black women to marry black men they perceive as "no good".
                    But you haven’t addressed the underlying reasons for this and yes it has a great deal with being black and the discrimination and the social marginalisation of blacks on a daily basis. Ask the members of the NBA and NFL.

But ghettos are not discriminatory in and of themselves. And ghettos do not force anyone to commit a crime.
                    Poverty-ridden, deprived cultures are the result of discrimination and result in the breakdown of the social norms and anger at the prevailing culture.

Redistribution of wealth simply isn't the answer. In Chicago in the late 90s an initiative called "Moving to Opportunity" was started that showed that breaking up public housing projects decentralized crime, but boys, specifically, who moved to lower poverty neighborhoods actually increased their instances of property crimes.
                    Redistribution of the national wealth and strategically targeted social welfare programs is the only possible approach. Just blaming the blacks for “being bad” is not going to achieve anything.

Ask Shuny about the private security that roams the streets of China's cities. In major cities like Beijing or Shanghai, the gonganju, the police, and the chengguan can be often seen patrolling. I find many of the responses here to be satisfactory explanations of why China has a low incarceration rate. Why it was used as some sort of a benchmark is beyond me...
                    The point being made is that, compared to China, which is not generally held up as a bastion of tolerance, the incarceration rate in the “Land of the Free” is double in absolute terms and they’re disproportionately black.

Better according to who? Greece failed miserably. Venezuela failed miserably. You can only spend the makers' money on the takers for so long. Then it all collapses on itself. Some take longer, and look fine for a while, but in the end, they all fail.
                    Better than Norway, Iceland, Australia, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, Ireland and Finland...just to name the top ten.

False. It acts on behalf of what a government should do. Individuals are still responsible for themselves, and none should force another to do anything they don't want to do.
                    The duty of a government is to protect and care for its population.

Right. An individual Christian should do those things if they are able. But I as a Christian should not have the right to force you as an atheist to give someone else half of your earnings for the week.
                    So Jesus was wrong?
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

But you haven’t addressed the underlying reasons for this and yes it has a great deal with being black and the discrimination and the social marginalisation of blacks on a daily basis.
                      No it doesn't. It has to do with the decisions they make. No one forces a gun into their hand. No one forces a needle into their arm or crack into their lungs. No one forces them to have unprotected sex and walk out on the mother. No one forces them to turn away the father of their babies. Victimization just shifts the responsibility for poor decisions onto someone else when ultimately, the root causes are simple. They choose to behave that way.

Ask the members of the NBA and NFL.
                      The overpriced and overpaid idiots who, instead of actually working to improve their home communities, cut bait and run with their entire family the minute they sign the contract? I'd challenge Steph Curry or LeBron, or Kaepernik to name the last person that was murdered in San Francisco, Sacramento, or Cleveland's ghettos. I'd bet they couldn't, nor do they even care.

Poverty-ridden, deprived cultures are the result of discrimination and result in the breakdown of the social norms and anger at the prevailing culture.
                      No they aren't. They may have started that way in the 40s and 50s with segregated public housing and blockbusting, but not since Section 8 rules were put in place in the late 70s. Now, the single parenthood epidemic is mainly self-caused.

Redistribution of the national wealth and strategically targeted social welfare programs is the only possible approach. Just blaming the blacks for “being bad” is not going to achieve anything.

The point being made is that, compared to China, which is not generally held up as a bastion of tolerance, the incarceration rate in the “Land of the Free” is double in absolute terms and they’re disproportionately black.
                      Holding any nation up to another that is so drastically different in philosophy and practice is simply wrong. I'd suggest China is extremely tolerant when it comes to crime, as evidenced by the links I provided above. How they deal with criminals and criminal situations is far different than most other countries.

Better than Norway, Iceland, Australia, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, Ireland and Finland...just to name the top ten.
                      Give them time...

The duty of a government is to protect and care for its population.
                      And not making them dependent on the government for sufficiency is the best thing a government can do for its people's well being.

So Jesus was wrong?
                      No. Jesus was not talking about government, or forcing others to comply. He never told me to force you to give up your coat to someone who needed one.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Obviously you have no counter-argument so you resort to the liberal tactic of accusing the other person of being a racist.

How is holding rich black people to the responsibility of taking care of their own people racist? You liberals have no problem trying to hold white people responsible for their wellfare, as if they can't take care of themselves. You have rich black people complaining about the treatment of poor black people and instead of doing something about it, most of them roll around in cash and gold chains and rub the noses of the poor in it.

Comment

Obviously you have no counter-argument so you resort to the liberal tactic of accusing the other person of being a racist.

How is holding rich black people to the responsibility of taking care of their own people racist?
                          You see, that's a racist statement. See if you can spot it?

You liberals have no problem trying to hold white people responsible for their wellfare, as if they can't take care of themselves.
                          I don't believe that even makes sense Sparko. Perhaps you can clarify?

You have rich black people complaining about the treatment of poor black people and instead of doing something about it, most of them roll around in cash and gold chains and rub the noses of the poor in it.
                          Another racist statement. There is nothing wrong with being rich per se, and you obviously take it for granted that wealthy black people do nothing to help poor communities. Your problem is that you only see what you want to see, ya know, like with beliefs, and you close your eyes to what you don't want to see. Plenty of wealthy people, both black and white, give aid to the less fortunate, but you don't see that with blacks, all you see is the stereotypical wealthy black person with the bling.

Comment

You see, that's a racist statement. See if you can spot it?
                            Nope I apparently don't speak liberal, so enlighten me.

I don't believe that even makes sense Sparko. Perhaps you can clarify?
                            Apparently white people are responsible for everything bad black people are going through and are supposed to give them money and homes.
                            http://tennesseestar.com/2017/08/23/...give-up-homes/

Maybe they should ask the rich black liberal celebrities to help out?

Another racist statement. There is nothing wrong with being rich per se, and you obviously take it for granted that wealthy black people do nothing to help poor communities. Your problem is that you only see what you want to see, ya know, like with beliefs, and you close your eyes to what you don't want to see. Plenty of wealthy people, both black and white, give aid to the less fortunate, but you don't see that with blacks, all you see is the stereotypical wealthy black person with the bling.
                            I didn't say all blacks did I? I am talking about those that are rich and revel in their riches while whining about the mean white people who are holding back their peeps. They are just as hypocritical as people like Michael Moore who lives in a freaking mansion while complaining about the 1%.

Comment

Nope I apparently don't speak liberal, so enlighten me.

Apparently white people are responsible for everything bad black people are going through and are supposed to give them money and homes.
                              http://tennesseestar.com/2017/08/23/...give-up-homes/

Maybe they should ask the rich black liberal celebrities to help out?

I didn't say all blacks did I? I am talking about those that are rich and revel in their riches while whining about the mean white people who are holding back their peeps. They are just as hypocritical as people like Michael Moore who lives in a freaking mansion while complaining about the 1%.
                              racist racist racist
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                                racist racist racist
                                I have never been to NASCAR.

Comment