Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

SJWs driving people away from certain schools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJWs driving people away from certain schools?

Source: Enrollment drops at schools known for ‘social justice warfare’

Universities known for being hotbeds of campus protest and liberal activism are struggling with declining enrollments and budget shortfalls, and higher education analysts say that’s no coincidence.

Take Oberlin College. According to a document leaked to The Oberlin Review, the school’s student newspaper, the small liberal arts college famous for social justice hoaxes has had trouble attracting and retaining students, missing this year’s enrollment mark by 80 and racking up a $5 million budget deficit in the process.

William A. Jacobson, a professor at Cornell Law School who runs the Legal Insurrection blog, said the “most obvious culprit” in Oberlin’s dwindling admissions is “relentless social justice warfare.”

“Social justice warfare at Oberlin has been more intense and sustained over a longer period of time than at most schools, and has come to define Oberlin in the media,” Mr. Jacobson said. “The resulting mockery and derision, even in liberal publications, has damaged the Oberlin brand.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Story continues at link above

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Well of course. If I decide to go further along in school, I will avoid any school that is a hotbed of social justice warriors. I come for an education, not to be preached at.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

maybe the colleges will get rid of their radical professors that encourage this behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        maybe the colleges will get rid of their radical professors that encourage this behavior.
        and the administration that doubles down on there attempt to brainwash incoming students after SJWs perpetrate a hoax about there being a racist group on campus. has happened in Oberlin college.

from the source in the OP
        In February 2013, mass hysteria ensued after racist and anti-Semitic flyers and graffiti began to appear all over campus. Classes were canceled, meetings were held and students began to see racism around every corner, including when someone reported seeing a member of the Ku Klux Klan on campus. It turned out to be a woman walking around wrapped in a blanket to keep warm.

Not only that, the perpetrators behind the racist paraphernalia turned out to be two progressive students, one of whom was confirmed to be an Obama supporter, trying to get a reaction out of their classmates and the administration.

Rather than admit the whole thing was a hoax and move on, the Oberlin administration doubled down on a social justice agenda, including the implementation of a privilege and oppression “reorientation” for first-year students.
        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 09-16-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I want someone to dress up as cs lewis and read the abolition of man to these campuses.
          sigpic

Comment

Men and women of college towns I can see that in every way you are concerned with justice, religion, and life itself. Yet you seem to forget something essential to the learning you are here to do. An apple cannot be a non apple. Similarly truth cannot be falsehood. Truth by its very nature is exclusive. I mean not exclusive as one thinks of bigotry but rather exclusive as one thinks of logic. You do not go through a fire exit when there is no fire. Now some may say " this is just your view" or that "the truth is there is no truth" The problem here is that you are making truth claims. If truth didn't matter or exist you would not say such things. I see also many trying to find meaning. To find some kind of peace, yet you feel an emptiness. We are restless. We are all to willing to conform to crowds hoping to find ourselves. We seek pleasure, but find that it only gives us more anxiety. Guilt, shame, insecurity, the ticking down of the sands of time, we are sick, sick with a disease that unless cured will kill us. That disease is despair. We despair because we have tried to find ourselves outside of the truth. Outside of love. We are trying to run ourselves on the wrong fuel and we are breaking down. What then can save us from despair? What then can make truth? What then can give freely to us what we need? The answer is that of Jesus. His death is well documented. Even atheist like micheal ruse do not doubt it. His influence is so great on our nation's thinking we hardly notice it. He came and died willingly to save us, but that is only part of the good news. He then came back to life and arose so ghat those who believe in him may live. Perhaps you have doubts because of atrocities committed by those using the cross as their banner. It is despicable, but much misinformation has been spread and does it reflect on what Jesus taught? Perhaps you are afraid if is illogical, but many have wrestled with far bigger questions than this and have found answers. Perhaps you fear that if you join a church you will find you agree intellectually but are dying spiritually in that case men like Blaise Pascal and Kierkegaard understand as did jesus himself when he rebuked the pharisee.

This is me attempting an acts 17 style speech at college students and the general populace of the U.S.
            sigpic

Comment