Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

This is Jesus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluetriangle View Post
    That's one view of what was suppossed to happen - a post-tribulation rapture. The wide disparities between all the different eschatologies show that the Bible is not at all clear on the surface about the timetable for the Second Coming. That may have been deliberate. But it also shows the folly of reading the Bible too literally. The term 'second coming' isn't even used in the Bible and the 'rapture' was a fairly recent addition to eschatology. I think it's best to ignore all end-time theories and just look at what the Bible itself says, along with the code it contains. The other way leads to confusion.

The code, incidentally, is found in one version only: the NIV (1984), which was current when the Second Coming began. It had to be that way, of course, because the addition or subtraction of even a few letters would be enough to shatter the patterns therein. The code accumulated throughout the development of the Bible. Parts of it were laid down when the first Hebrew scribes put pen to parchment. Most of it came later, much of it being added only with the writing of the NIV. The KJV is not encoded, as far as I am aware, although it does have fragments of what would become the New Bible Code, maybe about 20% of it.

The original Hebrew and Greek scriptures contain another code, and I have played a small part in unearthing it, as have several others. Vernon Jenkins (Other Bible Code) was the groundbreaker there and did most of it. There are intriguing links between the two codes (the only two that are genuine, as far as I am aware), particularly in their use of the geometry of fractals known as the Koch snowflake and antisnowflake.
    So what is your view of the end-times and the judgment?

And why would you think Jesus would come back as a muslim terrorist who killed children and jews for Allah? Sounds pretty blasphemous to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      So what is your view of the end-times and the judgment?

And why would you think Jesus would come back as a muslim terrorist who killed children and jews for Allah? Sounds pretty blasphemous to me.
      Much of the biblical writing about the 'end times' sounds very much like the recent past. As I said, part of the function if 9/11 was to point to the evil in our midst. Its destruction was symbolic on the material plane. The real effect was on the global mind - the apocalypse is internal. This is part of the judgment.

9/11 was also the Great Day of the Lord, as written of in the minor prophets. You may find this page enlightening.

http://www.thesecretcode.co.uk/page_2437340.html

The reason I am saying Jesus came back as Pope John Paul II and Osama bin Laden is because I was shown it in a vision, as I related, and because the New Bible Code proclaims it. I was also shown, in 2000, that few would be ready to hear what I had to say and that it would be violently rejected by some. It's the truth, though.

In Hebrew, 'the serpent' and 'the Messiah' have the same gematria of 363 (11 x 11 x 3). You could say, then, that Osama bin Laden was the divine serpent and in fact on 9/11 I heard the words SERPENT POWER. The sum of the standard values of the names 'Osama bin Laden' and 'Pope John Paul II' is 1089, or 363 x 3. The verses in Exodus 7 relating how Aaron's staff became a snake and swallowed the snakes of the magicians, is encoded with 11s. The meaning is obvious. Christ destroyed the World Trade Centre. Did you expect his return not to involve destruction? The Bible says otherwise. Are you upset because the USA was the target? What do most people in the west put their faith in: God or mammon?

You call bin Laden a terrorist, but the head of the CIA's Bin Laden unit said that Al Qaeda hated the USA precisely because of the impact its actions had on the muslim world. Shall we list the attrocities committed by Al Qaeda and Daesh against those committed by the USA, usually perpetrated in the name of 'freedom' (as hollow a cry as was ever heard)? There's simply no comparison. The damage done to the world by the US government (or rather the shadow government and its terrorist arm, the CIA) and its supine allies, notably including the UK where I live, is on a far greater scale. I'm not condoning terrorism, incidentally. Just putting the situation into perspective.

You could say that Osama bin Laden was the instrument of God's justice, the divine serpent, swallowing the two snakes that hovered over New York. 9/11 was a kind of exorcism and it's interesting that the movie The Exorcist was set in Georgetown, Washington, just across the Potomac river from the Pentagon.

The complimentary attribute to justice is mercy and Pope John Paul II represented God's mercy and was a very unifying, healing and inspiring figure, who engendered a huge increase in Catholic Christian faith. In his own way, though, the Pope also helped to destroy another great evil: communism, which of course was really totalitarianism.

Comment

Much of the biblical writing about the 'end times' sounds very much like the recent past. As I said, part of the function if 9/11 was to point to the evil in our midst. Its destruction was symbolic on the material plane. The real effect was on the global mind - the apocalypse is internal. This is part of the judgment.

9/11 was also the Great Day of the Lord, as written of in the minor prophets. You may find this page enlightening.

http://www.thesecretcode.co.uk/page_2437340.html

The reason I am saying Jesus came back as Pope John Paul II and Osama bin Laden is because I was shown it in a vision, as I related, and because the New Bible Code proclaims it. I was also shown, in 2000, that few would be ready to hear what I had to say and that it would be violently rejected by some. It's the truth, though.

In Hebrew, 'the serpent' and 'the Messiah' have the same gematria of 363 (11 x 11 x 3). You could say, then, that Osama bin Laden was the divine serpent and in fact on 9/11 I heard the words SERPENT POWER. The sum of the standard values of the names 'Osama bin Laden' and 'Pope John Paul II' is 1089, or 363 x 3. The verses in Exodus 7 relating how Aaron's staff became a snake and swallowed the snakes of the magicians, is encoded with 11s. The meaning is obvious. Christ destroyed the World Trade Centre. Did you expect his return not to involve destruction? The Bible says otherwise. Are you upset because the USA was the target? What do most people in the west put their faith in: God or mammon?

You call bin Laden a terrorist, but the head of the CIA's Bin Laden unit said that Al Qaeda hated the USA precisely because of the impact its actions had on the muslim world. Shall we list the attrocities committed by Al Qaeda and Daesh against those committed by the USA, usually perpetrated in the name of 'freedom' (as hollow a cry as was ever heard)? There's simply no comparison. The damage done to the world by the US government (or rather the shadow government and its terrorist arm, the CIA) and its supine allies, notably including the UK where I live, is on a far greater scale. I'm not condoning terrorism, incidentally. Just putting the situation into perspective.

You could say that Osama bin Laden was the instrument of God's justice, the divine serpent, swallowing the two snakes that hovered over New York. 9/11 was a kind of exorcism and it's interesting that the movie The Exorcist was set in Georgetown, Washington, just across the Potomac river from the Pentagon.

The complimentary attribute to justice is mercy and Pope John Paul II represented God's mercy and was a very unifying, healing and inspiring figure, who engendered a huge increase in Catholic Christian faith. In his own way, though, the Pope also helped to destroy another great evil: communism, which of course was really totalitarianism.
        That is just so wrong that I have no idea where to even begin. You sir, sound like a paranoid schizophrenic. Have you ever been diagnosed?

Have you ever just read the bible instead of trying to make up weird secret messages hidden in the text that seem to say what you want it to say?

Comment

That is just so wrong that I have no idea where to even begin. You sir, sound like a paranoid schizophrenic. Have you ever been diagnosed?

Have you ever just read the bible instead of trying to make up weird secret messages hidden in the text that seem to say what you want it to say?
          No, I haven't been diagnosed, although you're not the first to ask the question. Have you ever been diagnosed with Asperger syndrome? People with Aspergers are often very good on detail, but fail to see a higher meaning in anything. I imagine they would be good at comparing and contrasting all the different eschatologies.

I didn't make anything up. I was in fact asked to find the code as an 'assignment', and it was the last thing I would ever have imagined doing. For the first half of my life I was an atheist and used to pity people who needed the crutch of religion to get through life.

My interpretation of the code will be prone to human error, but there is most certainly a code to find and I was helped all the way by dreams, visions and signs and wonders, all of which are found in the Bible, the book you are implying you know better than I. You sound like a pharisee.

Comment

I am glad you are no longer an atheist

I am not a Pharisee- I simply believe what the Bible says at face value and don't believe God would hide the truth from people in a code - so no one nay have an excuse.

Comment

If the message that Jesus died for us resurrected and will return one day was only accessible by code then it would have been an impossibility for the apostles to spread the message as recorded by the great commission.
              sigpic

Comment

I am glad you are no longer an atheist

I am not a Pharisee- I simply believe what the Bible says at face value and don't believe God would hide the truth from people in a code - so no one nay have an excuse.
                Many atheists and agnostics are well-educated, intellectually-honest people who find the claims of biblical literalists impossible to believe. With or without a code the Bible has great depth and many riches are to be found there. But it takes some familiarity with the text and some teaching to even begin to discern them. People who are unfamiliar with Christianity and the Bible, which is true of increasing numbers here in Europe, judge our religion by the claims of the literalists, who make up the noisy majority of Christians. Because of that and because most people lead a relatively comfortable lifestyle, they see no need to go to church and subscribe to a set of beliefs that no educated person could be expected to accept. God is a Trinity? Why not just one? He created the universe in six literal days? They go to school and see voluminous evidence that the universe and the earth are much, much older than a few thousand years, but none for a worldwide flood a few thousand years ago. And what about the ark, with two of each animal? It all began with two people in a garden as well. What about the huge problems in genetics these claims pose? We are all now mortal beings because of Adam's disobedience? A talking snake? Why didn't God know what was going on until it was too late? Why should they believe in God anyway, when there is so little apparent evidence for him, when scientists tell them that the universe seems to run on its own and when his actions, according to the literalists seem more the actions of a petty, jealous local dictator than the Creator of everything?

On that surface level the Bible is rife with inconsistencies (compare the tables of exiles in Ezra and Nehemiah), absurd logic, brutality, ethnic cleansing (some of it God-sanctioned), Judao-centric thinking, self justification and pre-scientific understandings. If it is sold to people on this level only the gullable and the troubled will find rest there. But the existence of codes immediately shows that the Bible is more than just a collection of fairy tales and poor history. They show that the original scriptures and at least one modern English translation were inspired, and that God not only exists but has been guiding the development of the Bible since its inception. They encourage people to study the actual text of the Bible and to see that it has layers of meaning. It takes them far beyond the claims of the literalists, or if they are one of them, to reconsider their position and see the Bible as a much more interesting, multilayered document and Christianity as a much more sophisticated belief system than the fundamentalists would lead them to believe. The codes themselves show God to be a mathematician and a scientist, and to be in full control of history. They also help correct the grave errors of those fundamentalists make when they read the Bible so literally and so superficially. Of course, they will lead to a revolution in theology too.

Whether we like it or not, God did place things under the surface of the Bible, not to hide the truth from us but to encourage us to look for the deeper truths it contains.

Comment

Many atheists and agnostics are well-educated, intellectually-honest people who find the claims of biblical literalists impossible to believe. With or without a code the Bible has great depth and many riches are to be found there. But it takes some familiarity with the text and some teaching to even begin to discern them. People who are unfamiliar with Christianity and the Bible, which is true of increasing numbers here in Europe, judge our religion by the claims of the literalists, who make up the noisy majority of Christians. Because of that and because most people lead a relatively comfortable lifestyle, they see no need to go to church and subscribe to a set of beliefs that no educated person could be expected to accept. God is a Trinity? Why not just one? He created the universe in six literal days? They go to school and see voluminous evidence that the universe and the earth are much, much older than a few thousand years, but none for a worldwide flood a few thousand years ago. And what about the ark, with two of each animal? It all began with two people in a garden as well. What about the huge problems in genetics these claims pose? We are all now mortal beings because of Adam's disobedience? A talking snake? Why didn't God know what was going on until it was too late? Why should they believe in God anyway, when there is so little apparent evidence for him, when scientists tell them that the universe seems to run on its own and when his actions, according to the literalists seem more the actions of a petty, jealous local dictator than the Creator of everything?

On that surface level the Bible is rife with inconsistencies (compare the tables of exiles in Ezra and Nehemiah), absurd logic, brutality, ethnic cleansing (some of it God-sanctioned), Judao-centric thinking, self justification and pre-scientific understandings. If it is sold to people on this level only the gullable and the troubled will find rest there. But the existence of codes immediately shows that the Bible is more than just a collection of fairy tales and poor history. They show that the original scriptures and at least one modern English translation were inspired, and that God not only exists but has been guiding the development of the Bible since its inception. They encourage people to study the actual text of the Bible and to see that it has layers of meaning. It takes them far beyond the claims of the literalists, or if they are one of them, to reconsider their position and see the Bible as a much more interesting, multilayered document and Christianity as a much more sophisticated belief system than the fundamentalists would lead them to believe. The codes themselves show God to be a mathematician and a scientist, and to be in full control of history. They also help correct the grave errors of those fundamentalists make when they read the Bible so literally and so superficially. Of course, they will lead to a revolution in theology too.

Whether we like it or not, God did place things under the surface of the Bible, not to hide the truth from us but to encourage us to look for the deeper truths it contains.
                  You think the bible as plain language is too hard to believe for most people, yet your code tells you that the pope and a muslim terrorist are both Jesus Christ returned and you think people will believe THAT?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                    If the message that Jesus died for us resurrected and will return one day was only accessible by code then it would have been an impossibility for the apostles to spread the message as recorded by the great commission.

But this is found in the plaintext. That was why they could spread it.

The New Bible Code primarily exists to announce the Second Coming and explain recent events in that light. It wasn't needed 2000 years ago, although by then it had already begun to accumulate.

Comment

You think the bible as plain language is too hard to believe for most people, yet your code tells you that the pope and a muslim terrorist are both Jesus Christ returned and you think people will believe THAT?
                      I think it's obvious that the universe was not created in six literal days. Are you promoting that degree of literalism? Do you believe in talking donkeys? Do you believe we all descended from two people? Do you believe Jesus cursed a fig-tree (which anyway was out of season for fruit)? Do you believe Samson's strength was in his hair? Do you disbelieve in dinosaurs? What do you think fossils are? How does a creationist explain plate tectonics? The apparent extreme age of the universe?

The return of Jesus as a pope and a muslim is easy to believe in comparison with the rubbish taught by biblical literalists.

Comment

The return of Jesus as a pope and a muslim is easy to believe in comparison with the rubbish taught by biblical literalists.
                        No, it isn't. It doesn't even make any sense. Has anyone believed you yet?

Comment

No, it isn't. It doesn't even make any sense. Has anyone believed you yet?
                          Since when did our ideas about what makes sense guide us in interpreting God's actions in the world? This is why a code was necessary in the first place, so we could recognise Jesus' return when it finally occurred.

The number of people who believe me is no guide either. People tend to think along conventional lines and new ideas and claims are always rejected at first.

Do you believe that the Bible contains any kind of code?

Comment

Since when did our ideas about what makes sense guide us in interpreting God's actions in the world? This is why a code was necessary in the first place, so we could recognise Jesus' return when it finally occurred.

The number of people who believe me is no guide either. People tend to think along conventional lines and new ideas and claims are always rejected at first.

Do you believe that the Bible contains any kind of code?
                            No the bible does not contain any secret code.

And you were the one who said that the measuring stick was that nobody would believe the nonsense stories in the bible as a contrast to your ideas about Osama and the Pope being Jesus. Well blue, billions of people have believed those nonsense stories in the bible and have been saved by listening to them. Nobody believes your nonsense stories. And the bible says that you don't need a code to recognize Jesus' return when it occurs. Everyone will know it is happening. It will be like the lightning being seen from east to west. The entire world will see Jesus coming and most will tremble in fear. There is no need for your code nonsense.

Jesus said that he did not speak in secret,

John 18:20
                            "I have spoken openly to the world," Jesus replied. "I always taught in synagogues or at the temple, where all the Jews come together. I said nothing in secret.

And Paul said that there is no need to have secrets, that the Gospel is a light upon the world:

2 Corin 2 Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.

Comment

No the bible does not contain any secret code.
                              If you actually look at the evidence and judge by that, you will hopefully see that it does contain a code. There are at the very least two codes. The first is in the original Hebrew (Masoretic) and Greek (Textus receptus) scriptures. This is mainly the work of Vernon Jenkins, with contributions from other researchers, including myself. I've done a Powerpoint presentation of some of the essential information, which I can send, if you're interested. It comes very, very close to proving that the Bible really is 'God-breathed' and therefore that God is real and in control of our lives. It should be very inspirational to Christians who in this secular age are harbouring doubts (many do) or are looking for scientifically-verifiable evidence to underline their faith. It bridges the perceived gulf between science and faith and could also be instrumental in bringing people who cannot reconcile Christian teachings with modern scientific understandings back to faith. Nothing in it challenges orthodox Christian beliefs and the science and mathematics are sound (I'm scientifically trained myself and Vernon is a retired mathematics lecturer). You'll have realised by now that I'm not really interested in debating anything. This is too important for a debate. It needs to be disseminated, not debated, and well beyond the Christian community too. Read it and you'll understand why.

The second code is the one I have uncovered and it builds on Vernon's work, with many mathematical links between them, particularly though triangular numbers and derivatives based on Koch snowflakes and antisnowflakes. These are fractals and they are a beautiful metaphor for God's creation of our fractal universe. Vernon's work is more fundamental than my own and I am just as happy to promote it as my own code. In fact it's probably more important right now that people read his work, so they can see that the Bible is built on mathematical as well as meaningful foundations.

And you were the one who said that the measuring stick was that nobody would believe the nonsense stories in the bible as a contrast to your ideas about Osama and the Pope being Jesus. Well blue, billions of people have believed those nonsense stories in the bible and have been saved by listening to them. Nobody believes your nonsense stories. And the bible says that you don't need a code to recognize Jesus' return when it occurs. Everyone will know it is happening. It will be like the lightning being seen from east to west. The entire world will see Jesus coming and most will tremble in fear. There is no need for your code nonsense.
                              The whole world did see Jesus coming (through the medium of television, which is powered by electricity, the 'lightning' the Bible mentions) and people did tremble in fear.

Jesus said that he did not speak in secret,

John 18:20
                              "I have spoken openly to the world," Jesus replied. "I always taught in synagogues or at the temple, where all the Jews come together. I said nothing in secret.

And Paul said that there is no need to have secrets, that the Gospel is a light upon the world:

2 Corin 2 Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.
                              Verses 3 and 4 are very apt. There is a time for some things to be unveiled and now is that time. In fact many of the numbers are there in plain sight and a little mathematical knowledge is enough to see that they are there for a reason. 666, 153 and 276 are all triangular numbers, for example. Knowing that 666 is the 36th triangular number helps people fear it less too (Hollywood has a lot to answer for there). These numbers were chosen for that reason and placed in the Bible to encourage further study for those who are interested. The Bible is mathematical in conception, although it is of course much more than that.

The idea of a secret code alarms some people, but we are not talking here about a hidden level of information for 'initiates' or anything like the mystery religions. This information is for everyone who can absorb it, and believe me, the maths is very easy to absorb. This is not 'occult' information but a revelation, the revelation of Jesus Christ.
                              Last edited by bluetriangle; 09-24-2017, 02:57 AM.

Comment

If you actually look at the evidence and judge by that, you will hopefully see that it does contain a code. There are at the very least two codes. The first is in the original Hebrew (Masoretic) and Greek (Textus receptus) scriptures. This is mainly the work of Vernon Jenkins, with contributions from other researchers, including myself. I've done a Powerpoint presentation of some of the essential information, which I can send, if you're interested. It comes very, very close to proving that the Bible really is 'God-breathed' and therefore that God is real and in control of our lives. It should be very inspirational to Christians who in this secular age are harbouring doubts (many do) or are looking for scientifically-verifiable evidence to underline their faith. It bridges the perceived gulf between science and faith and could also be instrumental in bringing people who cannot reconcile Christian teachings with modern scientific understandings back to faith. Nothing in it challenges orthodox Christian beliefs and the science and mathematics are sound (I'm scientifically trained myself and Vernon is a retired mathematics lecturer). You'll have realised by now that I'm not really interested in debating anything. This is too important for a debate. It needs to be disseminated, not debated, and well beyond the Christian community too. Read it and you'll understand why.

The second code is the one I have uncovered and it builds on Vernon's work, with many mathematical links between them, particularly though triangular numbers and derivatives based on Koch snowflakes and antisnowflakes. These are fractals and they are a beautiful metaphor for God's creation of our fractal universe. Vernon's work is more fundamental than my own and I am just as happy to promote it as my own code. In fact it's probably more important right now that people read his work, so they can see that the Bible is built on mathematical as well as meaningful foundations.

The whole world did see Jesus coming (through the medium of television, which is powered by electricity, the 'lightning' the Bible mentions) and people did tremble in fear.

Verses 3 and 4 are very apt. There is a time for some things to be unveiled and now is that time. In fact many of the numbers are there in plain sight and a little mathematical knowledge is enough to see that they are there for a reason. 666, 153 and 276 are all triangular numbers, for example. Knowing that 666 is the 36th triangular number helps people fear it less too (Hollywood has a lot to answer for there). These numbers were chosen for that reason and placed in the Bible to encourage further study for those who are interested. The Bible is mathematical in conception, although it is of course much more than that.

The idea of a secret code alarms some people, but we are not talking here about a hidden level of information for 'initiates' or anything like the mystery religions. This information is for everyone who can absorb it, and believe me, the maths is very easy to absorb. This is not 'occult' information but a revelation, the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Can't argue with crazy. Carry on.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X