Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Positive News Stories! :smile:

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive News Stories! :smile:

I would like to find out if you know of any happy news stories. Stories of heroism. Stories of cute animals. Sweet and fluffy stories. My goal is to have a positive and upbeat thread in the Civics section! So, please no derails complaining about politics or other negative stuff. That is for other threads. Not for this one.

A cop saved a girl from a house fire! http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Her...444530823.html Well, it stonks that the house caught on fire, but hey! The girl was saved!

Dogs save kids form snake attack! https://www.today.com/pets/hero-pit-...attack-t115252
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

This isn't something great, but it was touching - for me. OK, I'm in the bread aisle this morning while shopping - I struck up a conversation with an older black couple (just too many bread choices to make a decision). They were my age 64+. I was wearing a Marine Corps Vet hat, we spoke for a while, they knew I served during the Vietnam war. As we ended the conversation the woman put her hand on my arm and quietly and sincerely said - welcome home. Something I didn't hear when I got back in 72. It did my heart much good.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      This isn't something great, but it was touching - for me. OK, I'm in the bread aisle this morning while shopping - I struck up a conversation with an older black couple (just too many bread choices to make a decision). They were my age 64+. I was wearing a Marine Corps Vet hat, we spoke for a while, they knew I served during the Vietnam war. As we ended the conversation the woman put her hand on my arm and quietly and sincerely said - welcome home. Something I didn't hear when I got back in 72. It did my heart much good.
      I didn't know you were a veteran.
      sigpic

Comment

It's not new news, but a couple of weeks ago I saw some deer crossing the road not far from where I work, which for me is extremely unusual.
        http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-Deer-crossing

And I think this thread ought to be stickied.
        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
          It's not new news, but a couple of weeks ago I saw some deer crossing the road not far from where I work, which for me is extremely unusual.
          Because they usually travel through tunnels under the snow?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A firefighter happened to find this car accident in the nick of time. https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.5083b41caaaa

Emergency services are awesome!
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
              I didn't know you were a veteran.
              Yes, I was a tank commander - 3rd Marine Division.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                And I think this thread ought to be stickied.
                Moderator Notice

Done

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Comment

A judge tries to take a personal interest in rehabilitating juvenile offenders by giving them books and engaging them in conversation! http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifest...901-story.html

The late archivist Leo Hershkowitz rescued financial records for Abraham Lincoln's funeral the day before they would have been turned into pulp! https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/21/n...y-history.html
                  "The Jesus Christ who saves sinners is the same Christ who beckons his followers to serious use of their minds for serious explorations of the world." - Mark Noll

"It cannot be that the people should grow in grace unless they give themselves to reading." - John Wesley

"Wherever men are still theological, there is still some chance of their being logical." - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Driving my wife, I swerved to avoid a pheasant. Happily, nothing was coming the other way. All three were saved!
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      Driving my wife, I swerved to avoid a pheasant. Happily, nothing was coming the other way. All three were saved!
                      What? Have you ever had pheasant with orange sauce? Now that is a positive news story...

Comment

There were some people holding signs on a street corner saying something like honk if you love peace, and lots of people were honking. I would have, too, but I was on my bike.
                        Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Prince Harry said he was “thrilled” to be marrying the US actor Meghan Markle after an 18-month romance, and the couple presented themselves to the world with a photocall and 20-minute television interview at Kensington Palace.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

After tonight's earthquake in Honduras (not a positive obviously), a tsunami warning was issued. It just got canceled with no tsunami.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Edited by a Moderator

Moderator Notice

This thread specifically excludes political stuff. Don't do it.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Jedidiah; 01-12-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment