Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another trip around the sun complete!

The link can be found here.

-----

What is there to learn looking back? Let's plunge into the Deeper Waters and find out.

If you see my Facebook page today, it's been filled with people posting on my wall today. Why? Today is the day I celebrate another year around the sun and turn 37. Yes. I know my wife is 27. I did indeed rob the cradle big time. (It freaks her out when I tell her that when she was in 4th grade, I was in college.)*

I look back and it's really amazing how much has changed. Some things have stayed the same. I'm still someone who likes to play his games and my wife and I can watch cartoons together regularly. On the other hand, many times a commercial will come on advertising a household project and we'll say "Hey. That looks like something we could use," and then we'll just ask ourselves when did we start paying attention to that?

Gift giving also used to be the big thing on the birthdays. Every birthday, you looked forward to what you were getting. I still do that to an extent. I am suspecting my in-laws got me the complete Adam West Batman series on DVD, something I've been eying for some time. No doubt, many others will get me Amazon gift cards because they know how much I love to get things from Amazon. (Any reader who feels generous can do so as well)

Gifts are nice as always, but now I value more the time with my family. That especially includes my wife. My wife is one who gives me the greatest gift possible of the privilege of being her husband. Life changes incredibly when you get married and meet someone who you can share the rest of your life with. Looking back, it's really hard to think about what it was like when I was single and didn't have that special bond.

Growth in apologetics is also good. My father-in-law has been helping me learn Greek for work on my Master's in New Testament. The podcast is becoming more and more popular I suspect and I have more and more people sending books to me to review. Probably I will never catch up on all the books I have to read, but that's okay. That just gives me more of a challenge.

There are also more hopes and dreams for the future. Allie has come to the realization that God loves her and I look forward to this blooming more and more, especially if she can get to the place again where she knows how much I love her and how much she means to me. I am looking forward to speaking at a conference next May and tomorrow I will be an interview subject on another podcast. I really hope this keeps up.

So as I conclude, I finish by celebrating the love of God in my life that the ministry I do is something I truly enjoy doing. I celebrate also that I have my wife by my side. The love of Allie is one of the greatest motivators I have and something that helps me do the ministry that I do and every act of trust and respect from her shoots my confidence up more and more. I thank all the people who are posting on my wall today to celebrate today.*

Thanks to also all of you, my readers, who for some reason like to keep coming to this blog to see what I have to say. I also thank those of you who listen to the podcast. If you wish, feel free to give another gift by leaving a positive review of the show on ITunes.

In Christ,
    Nick Peters

Happy Birthday Nick!

Comment

Happy birthday Nick!
      3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Originally posted by LostSheep View Post
        Happy birthday Nick!
        Good to know lunch came by for my birthday.

Comment

Happy b'day you ol' cradle robber

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Happy birthday!
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Happy Birthday Nick!!
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Happy b'day you ol' cradle robber
                Right before I met Allie, she had been at an Aspergers meetup and some guy was hitting on her. Her mother asked her why she didn't give him her number.

"Mom! He was 27!"

Yet when she met me I was just about to turn 29....

That rule sure went out the window quickly!

Comment

Congratulations you old coot!

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
                    Congratulations you old coot!
                    Aren't you older than him?

Comment

I'm an older coot!

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
                        I'm an older coot!
                        Well, how old is Jesus of Nazareth? Wait, that could get confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                          Well, how old is Jesus of Nazareth? Wait, that could get confusing.
                          He is the alpha and the omega.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                            He is the alpha and the omega.
                            Yep! And the incarnation happened over two thousand years ago. Age doesn't really have a meaning for a Being outside of time, so God doesn't have and age. Unless eternal counts as an "age". Jesus died and rose again at around 33, so I'd guess His physical age is frozen at when He died and rose again? This is what I meant by complicated. I was refering to the incarnation. The Word has been in flesh for millennia. I don't know how the incarnation works in Heaven, but I'm getting way off topic...

Comment