Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hard Work and Common Sense Are Now Racist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Work and Common Sense Are Now Racist!

We are so screwed...

Two law professors face racism, sexism, and homophobia charges for urging Americans to act responsibly.

Were you planning to instruct your child about the value of hard work and civility? Not so fast! According to a current uproar at the University of Pennsylvania, advocacy of such bourgeois virtues is “hate speech.” The controversy, sparked by an op-ed written by two law professors, illustrates the rapidly shrinking boundaries of acceptable thought on college campuses and the use of racial victimology to police those boundaries.

On August 9, University of Pennsylvania law professor Amy Wax and University of San Diego law professor Larry Alexander published an op-ed in the Philadelphia Inquirer calling for a revival of the bourgeois values that characterized mid-century American life, including child-rearing within marriage, hard work, self-discipline on and off the job, and respect for authority. The late 1960s took aim at the bourgeois ethic, they say, encouraging an “antiauthoritarian, adolescent, wish-fulfillment ideal [of] sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll that was unworthy of, and unworkable for, a mature, prosperous adult society.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-racism-charge
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Dude, literally anything can be racist now. Only when you begin to see the racism in everything, no matter how seemingly trivial, can you begin on the path to true beta-male progressive enlightenment.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

It's controlling the vocabulary. Once you are in control of what words really mean, then you can use your own meaning to shame others into submitting to your ideals.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

This is the line that got them in trouble: "All cultures are not equal. Or at least they are not equal in preparing people to be productive in an advanced economy."
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It is just amazing, that principles that are no more than common sense, that could apply to any race or peoples, are so controversial.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            This is the line that got them in trouble: "All cultures are not equal. Or at least they are not equal in preparing people to be productive in an advanced economy."
            So truth is the problem...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              So truth is the problem...
              To a generation raised on "Everybody gets a trophy" it is.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                Dude
                How sexist of you!

Comment

These kids are going to college, paid for by their parents who are using these work ethics to give them the chance to get an education so they can waste it on being idiot communists.

In the end, they will either wake up and start supporting these values and get a job, or end up homeless in the street whining about how society has victimized them and there are no jobs for anyone (with degrees in women's studies)

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    It's controlling the vocabulary. Once you are in control of what words really mean, then you can use your own meaning to shame others into submitting to your ideals.
                    Newspeak.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                      Newspeak.
                      You go to college right Wall? Do you see this nonsense on campus?

Comment

You go to college right Wall? Do you see this nonsense on campus?
                        My 2 daughters go to college. One at a large public school and the other at a small liberal arts college. Yes they see this nonsense on campus. My youngest routinely laughs out loud in class when her professors say and do stupid things like this.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          Dude
                          Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          How sexist of you!
                          He was assuming gender!!1!1!!!eleventy-one!!

0000000000000at.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            My 2 daughters go to college. One at a large public school and the other at a small liberal arts college. Yes they see this nonsense on campus. My youngest routinely laughs out loud in class when her professors say and do stupid things like this.
                            Good for her!

Comment

Good for her!
                              Her professor tried to force them to go to Jesse Jackson's speech at her school yesterday. She told him that it was not on the syllabus, nor did it have anything to do with genocide (Which is the title of her class), so she would politely decline.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment